Page 12 of 59 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Shaolin-Do answers challenge.

Why don't we all just stop posting and let themeecer keep talking on his own? With every post he proves more of his bigotry and ignorance. I've tried to see some good in him, but it's impossible. The guy is a fool.
    "i can barely click the link. but i way why stop drinking .... i got ... moe .. fcke me ..im out of it" - GDA on Traditional vs Modern Wushu
    ---------------------------------------------
    but what if the man of steel hasta fight another man of steel only that man of steel knows kung fu? - Kristoffer
    How do you think monks/strippers got started before the internet? - Gene Ching
    Find your peace in practice. - Gene Ching

Originally posted by African Tiger

The reason people dissed Sifu Totten on this board is because....I PUT IT OUT THERE! If I was afraid of what people would say about my instructor, I would have kept my stories to myself. Several people on this board have either met or trained with Sifu T, so they know the truth. Ask Sifu Abel sometime.

I posted something about Sifu T attacking Stomach 9 on me during a demonstration. He pretty much dropped me with one finger, and I was in considerable pain for the rest of the day. You DO study acupressure attacks/healing in SD, right???? I suppose your system makes you learn acupressure before receiving your Black Belt as well? Gee, mine sure does...
    No this isn't a requirement for black belt, that is saved for much later. We don't consider someone a student till they get their blackbelt, so we are not going to be giving out stuff like this freely.

I have no problem with your sifu attacking stomach 9 on you. Shame he didn't hit it harder. Just teasing .. I honestly don't wish you any ill will.

Now about this 144 IQ...oh sure. One, you're from Kentucky. The only thing smart down yonder are the sheep that know how to run fast. Two, the only reason you posted 144 is because I posted 140.
    Hehe .. if I wanted to lie about my IQ, I would have made it higher. The last time I was tested it was 144. Believe it or not ... matters little to me. It isn't something we can really improve, it is an innate quality. So it really isn't something to be proud about. My only reason for using it was in retaliation of the charge that I had a low IQ. Once again with the insults. Sorry, there isn't many sheep here. This is horse country.

Well let me tell you about myself: MY IQ was 125 (genius level) in 1976. I know because I had to pass an entrance examination for a private school, and 120 was the minimum. My last IQ measurement was 140 - that was my senior year at Seton Hall, where I carried a 21 credit load, worked two part time jobs, served in the Marine Corps Reserves, and had just returned from Operation Desert Storm, during which I suffered a career-ending back injury. Anytime you care to try to match those stats, be my guest.

Oh, I started college when I was 16....almost forgot that one...
    Well you beat me on that .. I started college when I was 17. And my thanks to you for defending this country that I love.

Originally posted by themeecer

The last time I was tested it was 144. Believe it or not ... matters little to me. It isn't something we can really improve, it is an innate quality.

I don't think it's all innate. For example, you can certainly get better at doing the tests and thus better at scoring well at these examinations.

This is way off topic, but who cares?
    "Once you get deeper into the study of Kung Fu you will realise that lineage and insulting others become more important than actual skill and fighting ability." -- Tai'ji Monkey

"Eh, IMO if you're bittching about what other people are doing instead of having intelligent (or stupid) conversation about kung fu or what your favorite beer is, you're spending too much time exploring your feminine side." -- Meat Shake

Well yeah daredevil you are correct in some ways. One of the questions on there was straight out of high school geometry, which is a learned skill. In theory it is supposed to measure your capacity for learning and your problem solving skills, but learning can affect it. My point was that I wasn't trying to be boastful, I don't see it as something to bost about. And I guess I shouldn't have allowed Serpent to goad me into posting it.

You would think with a higher IQ I would learn to freakin' spell!! I have leaned on spell check way too much since high school. Hehe
    Last edited by themeecer; 06-26-2003 at 09:11 PM.

Off the topic, but I think 125 isn't quite genius level. I tested at 126, looked it up-just under genius. It was a long time ago, but I think it was called "Highly Intelligent". Heh. All I know is I qualified for M.E.N.S.A. Which, oddly enough, means stupid in Spanish.

Looks like it is becoming a swinging d!cks contest. "My IQ is higher than yours. Not it isn't. Yes it is ..."
    cxxx[]:::::::::::>
    Behold, I see my father and mother.
    I see all my dead relatives seated.
    I see my master seated in Paradise and Paradise is beautiful and green; with him are men and boy servants.
    He calls me. Take me to him.

Well not for me anyway. I am ALOT below 140.

I have no idea what I am. I personally don't think they are an indicator of much anyway, but that is probably because I have a really low IQ
    I see my master seated in Paradise and Paradise is beautiful and green; with him are men and boy servants.

Originally posted by joedoe
    Looks like it is becoming a swinging d!cks contest. "My IQ is higher than yours. Not it isn't. Yes it is ..."
    Honestly joedoe, I didn't mean for it to be like that. After rereading through the boards I see where African Tiger says his IQ was above 140. If I had had that in mind when I posted, I might not have stated my own IQ, or at least I would have lowered the actual value. I guess it could be viewed as me trying to say ... "nah nah, I'm smarter than you." So in favor of peace I will concede that African Tiger is smarter than me. Doesn't matter ... he already has my props for doing something I haven't done ... defend our country.

I have no idea what I am. I personally don't think they are an indicator of much anyway, but that is probably because I have a really low IQ
    You're probably right. I think they are an indicator of how well you can figure out those dang confusing questions. What ticks me off the most ... they never tell you the real answers. There's always one or two that really stump me and I have to guess on.

Well, a high IQ is absolutely no indication of common sense. This thread makes that glaringly apparent.
    "i can barely click the link. but i way why stop drinking .... i got ... moe .. fcke me ..im out of it" - GDA on Traditional vs Modern Wushu
    but what if the man of steel hasta fight another man of steel only that man of steel knows kung fu? - Kristoffer

I thought IQ tests were poo-pooed years ago by the psych people as a poor indicator of intelligence anyway. And who gets to decide what 'intelligence' entails anyway? In any testing there is always going to be some bias.

I thought IQ tests were poo-pooed years ago by the psych people as a poor indicator of intelligence anyway. And who gets to decide what 'intelligence' entails anyway? In any testing there is always going to be some bias.
    No that is just something dumb people like to say. *grin* Just teasing. I do agree that everyone has the ability to be as smart as they choose to be, barring any medical condition. I have read studies where the researchers favor in-born IQ for the level of "smarts" a person can achieve. I contend that any person, if they want it bad enough, can be as smart as they wish.

We are really on a tagent here. I think my belly is calling me to the kitchen. Later.

Yeah, but you also believe that Shaolin-Do is kung fu, that qigong makes you bounce and that ****sexuality is alifesytle choice.

You see this is where I disagree with the whole 'intelligence' thing. I firmly believe that everyone is good at something. Some people are good with their hands, others are good at maths, while others have a talent for music. To judge a person's intelligence based on their mental/intellectual capacity alone biases the results in favour of those who are intellectually gifted and (possibly) away from those that are gifted in other ways.

Originally posted by Serpent
    Yeah, but you also believe that Shaolin-Do is kung fu, that qigong makes you bounce and that ****sexuality is alifesytle choice.
    Yes I do.