Page 9 of 59 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Shaolin-Do answers challenge.

Originally posted by Evad

LOL this is great, because by great irony and true cynicism Master Sin's greatest claim to fame is being a snake master!

You inadvertently hit it perfect, and if it was intentional then you need to upgrade your avatar to a demigod.

Seriously, I think that's awesome!!!
    LOL.

"i can barely click the link. but i way why stop drinking .... i got ... moe .. fcke me ..im out of it" - GDA on Traditional vs Modern Wushu
    ---------------------------------------------
    but what if the man of steel hasta fight another man of steel only that man of steel knows kung fu? - Kristoffer
    How do you think monks/strippers got started before the internet? - Gene Ching
    Find your peace in practice. - Gene Ching

A previous poster seemed to think I was dogging serpents style.
    The style of golden pinky is to be feared and respected. It can crush skulls.

Originally posted by Shaolin-Do
    A previous poster seemed to think I was dogging serpents style.
    The style of golden pinky is to be feared and respected. It can crush skulls.

Step away from the bong!
    "i can barely click the link. but i way why stop drinking .... i got ... moe .. fcke me ..im out of it" - GDA on Traditional vs Modern Wushu
    but what if the man of steel hasta fight another man of steel only that man of steel knows kung fu? - Kristoffer
    How do you think monks/strippers got started before the internet? - Gene Ching
    Find your peace in practice. - Gene Ching

Though I already mentioned that someone broke my beatiful bong.

oh well.
    Im going to bed.
    Peace.

btw? what style do you study serpent?

So Serpent in the great scheme of things we share a common enemy, having our respective style thrashed. I respect your anonymity, and I respect your viewpoints about mine.

I extend to everyone with opinions about SD, my appreciation for highlighting the shortcomings of our leadership. I read this quote in a fantasy novel once, "The true test of a warrior, is not what he can dish out, it's how much he can take." I like that principle, and I think it holds some value for all of us in one way or another.

And just for the record, I do not endorse the SDA, Master Sin, or the SD leadership in general, I have chosen to remain with my teacher out of the lime light of the organization as a whole. I do not wear patches on my uniform, stripes on my belt, or go barefooted all the time. And I freely study with several other schools in my area, and I have even went so far as to schedule time and trained with Master Pan Qing Fu the Ironfist in Canada. I do wear a Gi, because it suits my needs by being durable and easy to maintain, but half the time I usually just wear the pants and discard the top. I research constantly and listen to anyone with something wise to say, and if I find validity in something that I've learned in SD then I stick with it. I like Bruce Lee's take on MA and try to emulate that philosophy of knowledge in everything, and to not limit myself to one viewpoint.

I like playing Devil's Advocate for SD, and if need be I would stand up and defend or explainany style that came under scrutiny, I'm as skeptical of anything as the next guy, but the trick is to be an honest skeptic and accept whatever answers you dig up that make sense to you.

Personally I don't give a big horse's A@# what you ppl think of SD or anything else for that matter, if I did I'd just go out and eat rotten apples and do tai chi in the middle of an interstate until someone ran me over about 900 times. I mean hellfire, my Grandmaster sports a frickin MULLET for cryin out loud, how **** serious can any SD person take themselves, and it's compounded by the fact that we live in KY!!! EVer heard of the movie Deliverance? They cast the extra's from here!

What I propose is possibilities to a problem, that sometimes it's not cut and dry, black and white, and easy to see by the simplest of morons. Yes things are questionable, EVERYTHING, is questionable, I propose some answers to those questions, they don't have to be right and some may be wrong, but they still leave the question open to a resolution of logical verifiable truth that may yet need to be found.
    Blessed are the flexible, for they shall never break under the pressure!

quote:
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Originally posted by Shaolin-Do
    Serpent knows golden pinkystyle.
    and white unibrow.
    ---------------------------------------------------

LOL

That is just too funny!
    Last edited by Richie; 06-26-2003 at 02:03 AM.
    For traditional kung fu go to http://www.taishingpekkwar.com

I have read legends of Shaolin masters in the past being able to levitate. I have never met anyone that could do it.

Reply]

I saw "Big trouble in Little China too Ya know!"
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a

Originally posted by Brad

Props to Judge Pen as he's been a class act all the way through, despite the fact that so many are trashing his org.
    Thanks Brad. I'll admit my knee jerk reaction when I first came to this forum was pretty negative, but getting angry and defensive never solved anything and just makes things worse.

People are going to think what they want. They have their points that they will harp on and other things can be explained away. I'm impressed with evad. He's freely and honestly answered the most troubling criticisms in a way that many in SD would be very upset with. So he can't answer the question about the gis as many a non-SD has pointed out, what you wear doesn't dictate wha style you practice.

Theemecer, I appreciate your passion. Unfortunately it just feeds the trolls.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

On one hand you are referring to a derogatory name towards a person's born race and the other a name for a person's choice.
    Who says ****sexuality is a "choice" other than Christian fundies and rightwing fanatics? Are you really so stupid you think some kid wakes up during puberty and says "Jeez, lifes just not hard enough. I think I'll risk my life, alienate my parents, endure ridicule from ignorant slobs ant "turn" gay today.

Crap you are an idiot.

Everyone else try to forgive themeecer. He's from Somerset, KY which is the a$$-end of nowhere. It's full of neo nazi's. militia types, skinheads, rednecks and crackers. He's just living up to the low expectations everyone has for someone from KY. It's doubtful he's ever even see genuine kung fu, which is why Shaolin Do thrives mainly in little hick towns. It's Kentucky Kempo for the Mulletheads.

Originally posted by Serpent
    To describe the feeling of chi is like trying to describe colour to a blind man.
    Great description there.
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

As a side note:

There is a common assumption that the picture of GM Su Kong was a picture of a Barnum and Bailey circus performer, jojo the dog-faced boy. A few years ago there weren't a lot of pictures of people with hypertrichliitis(sp?), and the second picture of GM Su hadn't been shown to the public by Master Hiang's group. Jojo was once featured in a book of some sort...I believe it was the Guinness Book of World Records.
    Kung Lek, of all people, posted both a picture of Jojo and Su Kong...showing they were quite different, then introduced his opinion that Su Kong was of Chinese descent. He took some flak for that. "How can you tell under all that hair!", etc. I found his answer pretty funny, it was along the lines of, "You guys must not see a lot of Chinese people, the man is OBVIOUSLY Chinese."
    I apologize if I've misquoted Kung Lek, but I think I've conveyed the main points of his post.
    Props to him for finding a pic of Jojo, by the way, I could never dig it up.
    Keep it simple, stupid.

Props to BKH for posting the response to themeecer I was going to.
    I don't know any ****sexual that has ever made that choice.

I've always wondered why anyone would choose ****sexuality. Why would anyone choose a lifestyle that is socially ridiculed like that? They wouldn't because its not a choice.

Originally posted by BeiKongHui

Who says ****sexuality is a "choice" other than Christian fundies and rightwing fanatics?
    Well, I know of 2 different people in college that are gay that tell me it is a choice. Actually one was no longer gay, the other still was. Have a second couisin that definetly "turned gay." He was undeniably heterosexual before. Liberals will tell you that he was always gay, that it was repressed.

Science has never concluded that h omosexuality is inborn and the evidence more stongly points toward nuture versus nature. Only feel good, lewd left fanatics would tell you otherwise. Looks like they did their job, you are one of their brainwashed fanatics.

I'll let people a lot more familiar with this explain it to you. Check out: .Queer by Choice Homepage Not that I agree with everything they say. Just pointing out people you may find more credible than me.

Originally posted by BeiKongHui

Crap you are an idiot.
    Everyone else try to forgive themeecer. He's from Somerset, KY which is the a$$-end of nowhere. It's full of neo nazi's. militia types, skinheads, rednecks and crackers. He's just living up to the low expectations everyone has for someone from KY. It's doubtful he's ever even see genuine kung fu, which is why Shaolin Do thrives mainly in little hick towns. It's Kentucky Kempo for the Mulletheads.
    Now you are showing your ignorance. Must have touched a nerve there. Cracker eh? I guess it would be socially acceptable for me to use a racial slur as well, wouldn't it? Nah, only non-whites can do that. (No offense to my brothers of different colors out there. Just thought it funny that this chump is using a racial slur and proceeds to call me redneck, skinhead, et al.) You know .. never in my life have I seen a skinhead or a neo nazi here. Only places I have seen them in bigger cities to the north. They would get their butts kicked here, by a bunch of "redneck" boys.

I assure you I see genuine kung fu everyday when I practice. I downloaded several monk videos last night and the vast majority of it uncannily resembles my forms. Hmmm. I guess then that that monk has never seen real kung fu either then. Give me a break
    Last edited by themeecer; 06-26-2003 at 08:39 AM.

Well, I have no feelings on Shaolin Do one way or another. And quite a few feelings on your choice of language. But enough of that. High time we got back to less politically charged language.

You're a complete git.

There. That's better.

Stuart B.
    When you assume, you make an ass out of... pretty much just you, really.