Page 11 of 59 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Shaolin-Do answers challenge.

Re: themeecer-

Originally posted by BeiKongHui
    (Sorry I know all the SD forms to 2nd BB and it ain't kung fu)
    Really? Where did you learn it? Who was your teacher? What about Black Tiger, Dao, Tai Chi, Pa Kua, Hsing I, Kwan Dao, and spear (all material through 2nd black) is not kung fu? Just curious.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

Originally posted by Ground Dragon
    I used to be in SD a long time ago, then in Master Hiang's Central Shaolin. Now I'm in something entirely different, so I have different fish to fry.
    GD,

Master Mullins was fortunate to learn from both Sin and Hiang The. How long were you with Hiang? Why did you leave his class? What are you studying now. Feel free to PM me if you don't want to post anything publicly. Or to tell me to shove off for being nosey.
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

Re: Re: themeecer-

Originally posted by Judge Pen

Really? Where did you learn it? Who was your teacher? What about Black Tiger, Dao, Tai Chi, Pa Kua, Hsing I, Kwan Dao, and spear (all material through 2nd black) is not kung fu? Just curious.
    The guy who taught me was one of Sin The's first students. When he found out what Sin was really like he left. I learned Dao, Kwan Dao, Spear, Black Tiger and the Yang Tai Chi. However, when I met Yang Cheng Fu's GRANDSON he informed that what Sin The' was doing was mimiking the postures incorrectly-clue number 1.

When I saw other WuShu and kung fu people with legitimate credentials their spear, broadsword and Kwan Dao forms all shared similarities and nuances SD's don't have. I don't know much about BAGUA but I have met Xingyi folks before and again SD is just mimiking movements...like the forms were learned from a book.

In other research:
    I checked out Shantong Black Tiger, again it was different from what SD calls Black Tiger

The Dao or Broadsword was originally called the Samurai sword form in SD.

The "Yang" Tai Chi 64 form is not Yang Tai Chi or any recognizable derivatives according to the Yang family and their representitives.

Sais, nunchuka, bo, jo and the famous karate Iron man kata (Sanshien?) are NOT kung fu but Karate. You can talk about how "it all came from China" but this is how it stands Wing Chun came from White Crane but it is not White Crane. Brazillian JuJitsu came from Japanese JJ but it is not JJJ. Karate has roots in Kung Fu but it is still karate.

BeiKongHui and Ground Dragon, I'd be interested in hearing more about your personal experiences with SD same as Judge Pen. If you could find the time and don't mind, I'd like to hear from you guys too. I'm not trying to invite any debate or confrontation but I would really like to have an experienced viewpoint of SD.
    Blessed are the flexible, for they shall never break under the pressure!

well, I live in the heart of Shaolin Do country and it's pretty much common knowledge that Sin's a bit of an "exagerator" so to speak. Many, many people dedicated their lives to SD in the 70's and 80's only to later find out they were decieved. Sin should just call it what it is and strop trying to trick the uninformed into thinking they're learning traditional Shaolin kung fu. I wouldn't have as big a problem with SD then but as it is SD has brought a stigma to martial arts in KY that we are just starting to lose. Infact I would say that the martial arts coming from the "Sin The' Gym" (and former water park) are around the lowest level of those being taught in the area.

Say do your teachers tell you Sin got sued by George Dillman for taking material from Dillman's tapes and teaching it as his own? Sin lost that case you know.

Re: themeecer-

Did you not try to .....blah blah blah
    Honestly, I don't give a flying flip what you think.

BTW you may want to research your "science" it's been known for a few years now that there is a difference in a gay man's brain and a hetero's brain. A gay man's brain make up is more similar to a womans than a hetero man. Sorry, your local Mullah didn't choose to inform you....
    I have done my research .. do yours. You are probably speaking of the "spraying" of the brain some scientists use to believe that it is not a choice. But the bottom line the scientific community, in large, have not found that any sexual orintation, be it hetero or h omo, is due to nature.

Don't be so proud of your ignorance both in your beliefs and your Karate. (Sorry I know all the SD forms to 2nd BB and it ain't kung fu) No offense to Karate folks.
    Hmmm .... hidden agenda here folks?
    Guess I should tell the monk whose forms look like ours that he shaved his head for nothing ... he isn't doing real shaolin.

Sorry to hear you live in the heart of shaolin-do country and enjoy calling everyone here white trash hicks. If it really offends you to be around those types, why stay? You and the hicks would be a lot better off if you left.

themeecer, I have to chime in here and agree with most of the folks on this board. Compare yourself to Judge Pen. Alot of people disagree with the worth of Shaolin Do, but he is treated as a respected member of this board. Which he is. Your semi-intellectual tone and arrogance are winning Shaolin Do no admirers.

Let me tell you something. My first post on this board was a question about Shaolin Do. The usual happened and and everyne came and slammed it. I decided to go with another MA because of this. But, because of Judge Penn's posts, I have decided to investigate Shaolin Do further, and I think I may be signing my daughter up for it. If I had seen your posts instead of his, I would never even have considered it.

Realize something. These people are not attacking you because you practice Shaolin Do. They are attacking you because you act like an *******.

Originally posted by RedSkaNite
    themeecer, I have to chime in here and agree with most of the folks on this board. Compare yourself to Judge Pen. Alot of people disagree with the worth of Shaolin Do, but he is treated as a respected member of this board. Which he is. Your semi-intellectual tone and arrogance are winning Shaolin Do no admirers.
    Tell me once where I have been arrogant. That seems to be a buzz word on these threads. If I was being arrogant why would I have said "my meager skills." Why would I have said this guy is better than I? I apologize for sounding semi-intellectual, I spent way too many years in college not to.

Originally posted by RedSkaNite
    Realize something. These people are not attacking you because you practice Shaolin Do. They are attacking you because you act like an *******.
    You really, really need to reread these threads. Look which side is resulting to name calling and acting like whatever your *'s deleted out. A lot of these guy's biggest beef is that I take a conservative stance on an issue. Well if that makes me ignorant or whatever, I do not apologize.

Final note: I am tired of these monks ripping off our system. They shave their mullets off and try to hide the fact that they are Shaolin Do ... well, it ain't working.

We still doing the death duel?
    I really want to know what forms are being compared here....
    I'd also like to say, there is a resemblance between cha chuan, wing chun, and karate, but thats just because they are all martial arts.
    practice wu de

Actually I bored everyone to death. Even Buddhist and Taoist monks fell asleep.....SPJ

Forums are no fun if I can't mess with your head. Or your colon...
    uh-oh, I hope no one quotes me on that....Gene Ching

I'm not Normal.... RD on his crying my b!tch left me thread

Originally posted by MasterKiller

Maybe you should come to Taiji Legacy so you compete against the Houston Shaolin temples and show them how your SD is more Shaolin than theirs.
    Actually I wish I could make it. Would love to go to the workshops.

Ok real fast ... I need to eat and head out to my non-kung fu class.

The first one I came to that I saw many similarities was the Lohan Chuan. In fact there were some movements that they do as well I have been asking for years .. what the heck is that? Well now I see I am not the only one doing them.

Have to run .. more later.

what the heck is that

lol

Says a lot for the teaching of apps.....

so the lohan was similar to which form of yours? Or there are movements in lohanchuan that are similar to things throughout your system?
    practice wu de

Actually I bored everyone to death. Even Buddhist and Taoist monks fell asleep.....SPJ

Forums are no fun if I can't mess with your head. Or your colon...
    uh-oh, I hope no one quotes me on that....Gene Ching

I'm not Normal.... RD on his crying my b!tch left me thread

Re: Re: Re: themeecer-

I don't know much about BAGUA but I have met Xingyi folks before and again SD is just mimiking movements...like the forms were learned from a book.

Meeting other xingyi folks qualifies you to state that our xingyi must have been learned from a book?

[/B][/QUOTE]

The Dao or Broadsword was originally called the Samurai sword form in SD.

[/B][/QUOTE]

Maybe, but it was still used with one hand and included such dao moves such as flourinshing around the head to protect the neck. Not a samurai sword move (which is a two handed weapon)

Say do your teachers tell you Sin got sued by George Dillman for taking material from Dillman's tapes and teaching it as his own? Sin lost that case you know.
    What was the forum court and its docket number? I'd like to read that case.

My point exactly....

The people in the videos you have seen have chosen not to master anything as of yet.
    How do you study a complex art-form like Kung fu, and CHOOSE not to master anything???

Themeecer - the reason I can diss SD is that I have seen it close up. Once I got past the 50 or so applications "Master ass-monkey" tried to make me sign (this was before I had decided to join!), I got a chance to watch a class....

...Welcome to Yawnville, population: Me

The reason people dissed Sifu Totten on this board is because....I PUT IT OUT THERE! If I was afraid of what people would say about my instructor, I would have kept my stories to myself. Several people on this board have either met or trained with Sifu T, so they know the truth. Ask Sifu Abel sometime.

I posted something about Sifu T attacking Stomach 9 on me during a demonstration. He pretty much dropped me with one finger, and I was in considerable pain for the rest of the day. You DO study acupressure attacks/healing in SD, right???? I suppose your system makes you learn acupressure before receiving your Black Belt as well? Gee, mine sure does...

Personally I have no problem with what Sifu T did to me - he corrected the point immediately - but several KFO'ers didn't think what he did was appropriate. And so, they jumped on my instructor; metaphorically speaking.

We jump on your Grandmaster, because he is a mullet-wearing charlatan (sp), whose art is like the disclaimer at the end of a movie: "Any similarites to kung fu are purely coincidental..."

Now about this 144 IQ...oh sure. One, you're from Kentucky. The only thing smart down yonder are the sheep that know how to run fast. Two, the only reason you posted 144 is because I posted 140.

Well let me tell you about myself: MY IQ was 125 (genius level) in 1976. I know because I had to pass an entrance examination for a private school, and 120 was the minimum. My last IQ measurement was 140 - that was my senior year at Seton Hall, where I carried a 21 credit load, worked two part time jobs, served in the Marine Corps Reserves, and had just returned from Operation Desert Storm, during which I suffered a career-ending back injury. Anytime you care to try to match those stats, be my guest.

Oh, I started college when I was 16....almost forgot that one...
    Last edited by African Tiger; 06-26-2003 at 03:54 PM.
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Copyright 2003 - African Tiger Inc., a Nevada yada yada yada. Any reproduction...oh, to hell with that round kick, my knees are killing me. How about a nice Iron Palm to the nuts, sonny?