Page 2 of 59 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: Shaolin-Do answers challenge.

umm... are you saying that SD wasn't called SD before this meeting?

f a ggoty hopping around and running around in circles that makes it non authentic?
    Aren't you the one that was talking about that levitation stuff... Don't you do a bagua form too, or a couple.... lol

I'd never say that you aren't learning to defend yourself..

You do understand that what is viewed as "kung fu" today was the Chinese government's attempt to create a national sport.
    Umm, I could debate that, but it really depends on who you train with... Many a lineage came out of China earlier, or was underground, etc. There are a lot of "newer" styles and systems that came out in the last 100 years, but the roots are there, and it is apperent. You might be thinking of all the wushu and whatnot around, of which, some are better traditional practitioners than you, so when you speak of respect, maybe you should take a look in the mirror. People get into the arts for many reasons, as you should know, so knocking other kung fu etc. is just dumb. They all provide there service. I think a lot of the flaming of SD is just because of some of the arrogance shown by some practioners. I remember being told what I was doing was not "Shaolin" because they didn't recognize it... etc. As far as a martial art, it is, as far as where it actually came from, whatever, it is steeped in mystisisms to many even though the SD people give accounts of the lineage......
    practice wu de

Actually I bored everyone to death. Even Buddhist and Taoist monks fell asleep.....SPJ

Forums are no fun if I can't mess with your head. Or your colon...
    uh-oh, I hope no one quotes me on that....Gene Ching

I'm not Normal.... RD on his crying my b!tch left me thread

themeecer, maybe you will take some freindly advice from a guy who doesn't care what style you train. Try not to get so defensively abusive ok? Who cares what these guys are saying about your art? Is it going to make you stop studying it or something? Besides as far as you know, and I think it's true, none of us really study the martial arts on this forum. Most of us barely top three digits in weight, read comic books, play roleplaying games and the only kung fu we know is from studying what we saw in the first Matrix movie.

Seriously though, people around her eare going to take you a lot more seriously if you are polite and try to be thorough. Provide examples and don't bite when someone goes trolling. Take it from the biggest troller on this site - Apoweyn - "I do it because girls are afraid of me." Oops wrong quote but you get the idea. One other suggestion, don't go making blanket statements that could come off as sounding ignorant. For instance - "You do understand that what is viewed as "kung fu" today was the Chinese government's attempt to create a national sport" You sound like you have been studying the martial arts for a long time, and so you must know that while some arts did indeed suffer from the communist revolution, not all of them are "sports" by any means and still hold their integrity. Making statements like that just makes it sound like you buy into some sort of cult like belief that your art is the only authentic one out there. As Gunneddownatrocity always says - "I don't mind slapping a chick around if she is asking for it. Or isn't asking for it." ******, thats the wrong quote too, anyway you see what I mean?

Oh yeah, and don't use the word "F a ggoty" either, it's offensive and makes you look like an ignoramous.

ok ok I think I got the right quote, it was from Merryprankster - "Me grappler, you striker. Me crush striker with two hands, all twelve fingers."

no, that doesn't sound right...dangit!

It still amazes me that people can get so personally offended by what an anonymous stranger on the internet says.

I was once an SD basher, but now I think it is better just to let them be. You will never convince them to your point of view, nor will they convince you to theirs. So it is a useless argument. And occasionally someone actually says something worth listening to
    cxxx[]:::::::::::>
    Behold, I see my father and mother.
    I see all my dead relatives seated.
    I see my master seated in Paradise and Paradise is beautiful and green; with him are men and boy servants.
    He calls me. Take me to him.

You will bow to me, I am superior, you are all inferior, My style will always be better than yours.

I even have "cool" glasses.

Re: "sigh"

Originally posted by The Willow Sword
    Hey guys? (non-Sd people) you remember when I used to be like this?

It feels very good to be free of it. You know what i say?

let them do what it is that they do,,,they dont hurt you guys and they certainly arent tainting anything valid, in my opinion.
    this is where you are wrong. they ARE tainting things that are valid. they taint me and other kung fu practicioners who have put years of time into perfecting the few forms they know of their style.

all this time and effort, all the blood sweat and tears by people who really practice the styles of those 900 some odd forms shaolin do and sin the claim they know, are demeaned.

say i spend 20 some-odd years mastering the six forms of wing chun, then someone else comes along claiming they know all the forms of my style style plus 900 others, and learned them in the scope of a few months, saying they are a master. how would you feel? how does this make you and your effort look?

it demeans all your hard work and effort. it says that you and your teacher are inferior because this other person can claim mastery of your style and all these others in such a short time, and then have the gall to claim that your knowledge is false and your history is wrong.

this is why i for one dislike shaolin do. it is not an attack on how good they are or what they do, but more how their made up stories make me and other CMAists look and it demeans and degrates all my hard work.

am i so much less of a person than sin the? is my teacher? am i so stupid that i cannot learn kung fu?

i dont think so, but this is what shaolin do tells me.
    Travis

structure in motion

TjD

I can see where you are coming from and I agree. I get annoyed when people claim to be doing 5 Ancestors when clearly they are not. However, I don't think anything is achieved by ranting at them over the internet.
    I see my master seated in Paradise and Paradise is beautiful and green; with him are men and boy servants.

Re: TjD

Originally posted by joedoe
    I can see where you are coming from and I agree. I get annoyed when people claim to be doing 5 Ancestors when clearly they are not. However, I don't think anything is achieved by ranting at them over the internet.
    i totally agree supposedly SD doesnt even do wing chun (yet) so it really doesnt effect me much - i guess all other kung fu must suck

shaolin do is merely a passing thought in my mind occasionally when i browse the forum. luckily its contained in the south and the west and all real americans know the south and the west are full of dumb uneducated brutes anyhow.

however, i was mabye hoping some of the more SD people on here could possibly have a change of heart when it comes to what their arts history says about other arts... but thats probably too much to ask as well.

i can't wait for the day when shaolin do incorporates wing chun forms into their curriculum

"GM Sin The was a closed-door only student of Yip Man for one month, where he underwent grueling training and mastered the wing chun system. After this, Yip Man taught him, in three days as GM Sin The is such an amazing martial artist, the ONE TRUE wing chun, all the pressure points and all the advanced techniques he was keeping secret until he met the one perfect student, his successor. GM Sin The was this student. Yip Man then instructed GM Sin The only to reveal his perfect wing chun to the world, when the world was ready for his amazing combat system. Today is that day, and you can learn it now for the low price of 4000$ for a two year contract!"
    Travis

structure in motion

The name Shaolin is pretty much for anyones use. It's in the public domain now that it is so very old.
    Which is fine if they'd just come out and say this... what ever happened to their story of adding "Do" and wearing Karate uniforms to fool the Japanese in Indonesia? Now all the Karate stuff is something that was decided on in the 90's at a meeting?

As for the lineage and whatnot, who cares, what does it matter?
    Honsesty matter to a lot of people.

Is the teacher good?
    IF he's making up stories about his abilities/exploits, how good could he be?

Does the instruction deliver what is said it will deliver? Is it effective?
    Well, the GM makes some pretty grand claims, claiming to be the most comprehensive martial arts system in the world...

This is what will keep Martial arts pressed down and viewed as a kind of oddity for as long as all the proponents of the arts are actually proponents of themselves.
    How about presenting false information to the public, and claiming to be a representative of something you're not? That hardly seems to be contributing to spreading quality martial arts. I see nothing wrong with complaining about SD on a public message board, as long as it doesn't get "personal".

And to themeecer,
    If your sick of the name calling, stop calling people names. And stop insulting martial arts systems that have nothing to do with the people you're personaly attacking.

I would not insult your masters and I ask that you don't insult mine either.
    You've insulted lots of peoples masters with you childish rants(not to mention using hate language in the process), so don't try to make it out like you're taking the "high ground".

You people b!tch too god d@mned much. This is what, Shaolin-Do thread #5 since 2 days ago?
    seriously....
    Its like Wing Chun forum on Main forum for Shaolin-Do...
    I do not think that SD is the end all be all of MA. CMA.

I am about to start cross training Shui Chiao once the group here starts practicing again. Because I practice shaolin-do, do I practice less than you? Are the hours I spend in my gym at home hitting the bag, practicing forms, practicing weapons, lifting weights, sparring, iron palm... ect... not hours spent training because its SD? If training hard and loving what you do is tainting MA.... you really need to change your perspective my friend.

Edit - you are ignorant for assuming that each school is ran as if GM sin was there himself.
    Id be willing to bet that my sifu runs our kwoon very much the same as your own...

Edit - you are ignorant for assuming that each school is ran as if GM sin was there himself.
    Id be willing to bet that my sifu runs our kwoon very much the same as your own...
    Good for you, but Shaolin-Do is Sin The's organization. He's the man in charge, not your sifu. If you don't want his actions or the other "higher ups" to be associated to your school, change the name.

But you people are trying to associate the fact that because one practices shaolin-do, one basically doesnt practice, just moves around funnily tainting the name of CMA. really. find something new to b!tch about finally.

TjD

LOL at your Yip Man story . I guess if SD were to hit Australia's shores, I would fight hard against it too