Page 4 of 59 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Thread: Shaolin-Do answers challenge.

oh just for the sake of simple comparison, here's a karate gi minus the leg wraps and noose around the neck in the snow...

Blessed are the flexible, for they shall never break under the pressure!

Well there you go. SD must be legit.
    cxxx[]:::::::::::>
    Behold, I see my father and mother.
    I see all my dead relatives seated.
    I see my master seated in Paradise and Paradise is beautiful and green; with him are men and boy servants.
    He calls me. Take me to him.

Originally posted by Evad
    This is real cool, here's the $2000 "credibility" monument of Grandmaster Sin at the temple, I'm getting all these pics from the same site called Shaolin International. Why the heck would they choose to show a store bought revenue generating 'plaque' that funds all the bok choy item in their gallery? Oh, it's probably there to help generate some sales... check it...it's the one in the front

I don't read Chinese too well. What does it say?
    "i can barely click the link. but i way why stop drinking .... i got ... moe .. fcke me ..im out of it" - GDA on Traditional vs Modern Wushu
    ---------------------------------------------
    but what if the man of steel hasta fight another man of steel only that man of steel knows kung fu? - Kristoffer
    How do you think monks/strippers got started before the internet? - Gene Ching
    Find your peace in practice. - Gene Ching

sorry joedoe, these simple pics prove nothing except that the statement that because we wear gi's we must not be real kung fu. Just a comparison of attire, hell since everyone is picking apart everything about SD, why not provide some common sense. I thought maybe showing these pics would illustrate the point a little bit better than being negative or sarcastically petty.

As for what it says Serpent, you got me, I can't read chinese worth crap either. It most likely says something redundant about the blah blah blah honor Grandmaster Sin for his visit to the Shaolin temple, blah blah you the rhetoric. I do know that a lot of the script on the monument however is a detail of lineage including chops of Master Sin's various teachers and grandfather. I think it may also contain a dedication to the temple and it's abbot.

Originally posted by Evad
    sorry joedoe, these simple pics prove nothing except that the statement that because we wear gi's we must not be real kung fu. Just a comparison of attire, hell since everyone is picking apart everything about SD, why not provide some common sense. I thought maybe showing these pics would illustrate the point a little bit better than being negative or sarcastically petty.

As for what it says Serpent, you got me, I can't read chinese worth crap either. It most likely says something redundant about the blah blah blah honor Grandmaster Sin for his visit to the Shaolin temple, blah blah you the rhetoric. I do know that a lot of the script on the monument however is a detail of lineage including chops of Master Sin's various teachers and grandfather. I think it may also contain a dedication to the temple and it's abbot.
    I was only kidding, and really was refraining from making a more sarcastic comment.
    I see my master seated in Paradise and Paradise is beautiful and green; with him are men and boy servants.

Hmmm. Anyone here that can read Chinese well enough to translate for us?

I'm genuinely interested in what it says, is all.
    "i can barely click the link. but i way why stop drinking .... i got ... moe .. fcke me ..im out of it" - GDA on Traditional vs Modern Wushu
    but what if the man of steel hasta fight another man of steel only that man of steel knows kung fu? - Kristoffer

that's cool joedoe, I knew you were kidding, thought it was funny too. I appreciate your restraint as well, I was anticipating much worse from any others who might not be as couteous. I apologize if I sounded rude.

Also Serpent if your really interested in what it says, I would be interested to know myself actually. And if you'd be willing accept whatever result I turn up, I'll find out from whomever I can about what's on there, and if we can find a clearer pic for someone to translate that'd be even better, then we'd have a credible comparison.

If you do find someone who can translate that stuff please contact me and let me know what you find out.

Gene can translate for us. I just posted a thread to ask him. A better picture would definitely help though if you can find one.

Hey serpent here a better pic but doesn't show quite everything, I have a better one but not available in the computer yet, I'll get it tomorrow and post. It shows the whole thing with no one standing in the way. The old dude standing with master sin is the Abbot of the temple at that time, I can't remeber his name something like shi Yi Xi or something, I'll find that out as well.

Nice mullett.

cool looking tablet

as I understand it anyone who donates enough $ gets a stone tablet, if this is the same type of tablet that people get for donations and to use this pic as marketing as the current Abbot honoring Sin The then this would be very disingenuos.
    Last edited by brassmonkey; 06-25-2003 at 12:11 AM.

the mullet is the whole thang you know, I guess he's spent enough time in KY to blend in

And you bet butt you donate a bunch of $$ you can get yourself one **** fine tablet. There's virtually a whole forest of the things there from different ppl everywhere. China may be a communist country but they don't give everything away, they accept visa, MC, Am express, and Discover.

Brassmonkey, the attached pic is submitted for Gene to get a closer look at the inscriptions and maybe translate, not market the tablets. The pic I was referring to about the whole sarcastic marketing theme is in a previous post. I found a pic on the Shaolin International site that shows the same monument at the temple courtyard.

The abbot may come out and shake hands with anybody that purchases a tablet, who knows...

Maybe the abbot is jealous of that Grandmaster Mullet

I think the monk is abott is ****ed because he is taking time away from his meditation practice, and he wishes he could shave that mullet.

something I've been wondering for a while about Shaolin Do is theyre Yang Tai Chi. I've heard the standard history of Yang Tai Chi being learned at Chen village by Yang Lu Chan, at some point did Yang Lu Chan teach at Songshan Shaolin or was Yang Tai Chi as asserted by Erle Montaigue not created by Yang Lu Chan but was an older Wudang Tai Chi that might have been at Shaolin without YLC visiting?