She's nice to see, and she's soft to touch
    She says: 'Cosette I love you very much.'

I know a place where no one's lost
    I know a place where no one cries
    Crying at all is not allowed
    Not in my castle on a cloud.

-Les Miserables

Ernie knows who he is.
    Not so evident from his posts. Can't seem to make up his mind on what he believes. Trying to keep an open mind.

He is too respectful to you
    Saying "respectful" things to be all "nice nice" does not make one a respectful person. Respect requires consistency, not crying with insults, because someone didn't respond in a way that he liked.

because he did not want to offend a potential brother. After all, you may very well be within the family
    I am certain our relationship goes no further than to be inhabitants of this planet.

Please do not abuse gracious hospitality and sincere gesture of friendship.
    Nothing sincere about Ernie. He just pretends to play nice so that he doesn't lose out.

It's unbecoming of you.
    And you know me from where...? I know who I am. I know what I know. There's no iffiness with me, just like Wing Chun.

Originally posted by PaulH
    Behavior is a mirror in which every one displays his own image. - Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe (1749-1832) Great figure of German culture, embraced science, philosophy, music & literature.
    "Never trust the advice of a man in difficulties." Aesop

Small kindnesses, small courtesies, small considerations, habitually practiced in our social intercourse, give a greater charm to the character than the display of great talent and accomplishments. - Kelty
    "You cannot dream yourself into a character; you must hammer and forge yourself one." James A. Froude

Michael,
    I am tired quickly in pointless tic tac toe.
    Then don't start what you can't finish.

The difference between you and me is that I know I have my limits.
    That's right. I have none. Very perceptive...

Do I have to play with you this game?
    That depends on you.

Good. No game for now. I'll whip your wit on other more interesting topics.
    Looking forward to it! As long as they are challenging...

Mmm,
    i'll play the game with enter the whip,
    but i forgot what the question or the answer was....
    ... and the absinth isnt helping tonight.

i think enter the whip is cool. because he sounds like an idiot - but in the idea sense, these two words being connected in etymology.
    Ecce nunc patiemur philosphantem nobis asinum?

what transcends the buddha and the law? Cakes.

"Practice is better than Art, because your practice will suffice without art, while the art means nothing without practice." - Hanko Doebringer, 14th century

ooo,
    and i didnt read the mark twain quote, nice... i'll open my mouth though.
    Ecce nunc patiemur philosphantem nobis asinum?

what transcends the buddha and the law? Cakes.

"Practice is better than Art, because your practice will suffice without art, while the art means nothing without practice." - Hanko Doebringer, 14th century

For those who wonder why I deleted a bunch of my posts. I am just starting to learn and to exercise my WC executive power to terminate all things that are out of balance. They were fun but really tasteless. With malice toward none.

Regards,

PaulH posted something about mirroring earlier.....?

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    bottom line-as I've said before...there are alot of Wing Chun schools out there that teach a passive, art. Ernie seems to think that all the entering and foward aggression are developments that come with advanced training. Bah! Humbug! Poppy****! If you train passive techniques at the start, you will develop and ingrain the habits, mind set, and reactions which will stay with you, hindering your progress. If you train aggressively, attack the attack, intercept their intention, jam, enter, attack, you will be learning Gung-Fu the way (IMHO) it was designed. Gung-Fu was not designed to teach the masses, i.e. dilitantes, housewives,wanabes,posers, sheltered kids-but fighters. period. And it should be approached as such. In a comercial school -I mean one that is open to the public-not meaning a McKwoon-you will have two kinds of students-the small inner circle of hard-core, hard-working students, and the rest-who are there to pay the rent. You teach everyone, equally-everyone has potential- but those few, you take on the side, and work them, work them, work them. -because they are the ones. If you don't know what I am talking about...guess what? You ain't the one. But you could become the one. -ok, that being said, I am in no way an expert, and this is just MY opinion, but this opinion is shared by many.

ten tigers
    Ernie seems to think that all the entering and foward aggression are developments that come with advanced training. Bah! Humbug! Poppy****
    really that's news to me i have nevr said discussed forward pressure in respect to when it was taught , i have always assumed it was part of all wing chun,
    now if you mean over commited , throwing your body in some ridciulas rush of un interruptable emotion hail marry , despreate means of attempting to make a bridge , well that is better left for football players and doesn't quite cultivate the balance i prefer but hey to each there own,
    as for who wing chun was origanally made for honestly i don't give a rats a ss since it doesn't effect me and who i have to deal with different time and different part of the world , people lacked fighting skill in general back then and were alot smaller .
    here is another one for you forward pressure is no more important as the ablility to move back when it's time if you only have one gear , when it doesn't work you will be to emotionally connected to that tool and mis other oppertunities , no one thing is any more important than any other it's all amtter of timming '' when '' you need to do it .
    if some one applys over commited forward pressure just step out on a 45 kick his lead leg as it's coming down and pull him
    '' accept what comes''
    If the truth hurts , then you will feel the pain

Do not follow me, because if you do, you will lose both me and yourself....but if you follow yourself, you will find both me and yourself

You sound rather pompous Ernie! -- by Yung Chun
    http://wslglvt.com

TenTigers

I like your post. It's too bad it takes a Hung Gar guy to lesson us Wing Chunners.

i have to disagree a little, because many people need to be taught with little aggression in the beginning and more technical aspects slowly. saying that they will ingrain a passive habit is nonsense, because later when they have technique, and do some intense lop sau, chi sau, lat sau, etc, the aggression will easily come out.

why is snt a stationary form? to build structure, lines,technique, etc, especially the first section being taught very slowly, to develope the energy of the immovable elbow principle. sure, we can add sopme san sau technique for beginners, but just like driving a car, or riding a bike, you put a beginner on one, and tell them to go fast, the need to get comfortable slowwly with the skills required to drive, i feel its the same with wc. and how the art was really taught in the past, is all heresay,as is why it was created, etc
    ignorance stops growth

passive vs. aggressive

All variations of speed should be trained (less fast than slow), but with the same intention and various energies, not emotions.

I don't think TenTigers was commenting on speed. Though he referred to aggressiveness, I don't think he was necessarily advocating it, seeing as even in Hung Gar aggressiveness is not taught. Or at least it shouldn't be. I think his point was simply to not be passive. But it shouldn't be aggressive either.

Talking

I feel the luv among the wing chunners!!!!!!