Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Funny Things You Have Done In Kung Fu

Funny Things You Have Done In Kung Fu

List some of the funny things you have done with your kung fu either in or out of your kwoon. Recently for me, we were doing self defense drills and the sifu said, "OK now grab a knife and stab at your partner. Defender, do whatever you can since you have no weapon."
    I was the defender so when my partner came at me i just turned and ran out the door. lol Everyone laughed at me and i was like "What, you think i was joking?" Now whats your story?

Sparred a very agressive Australian woman back when I did Karate... it was supposed to be fairly light contact. Well, I kept getting through her defence despite the fact I wasn't particularly quick... well, she finnally got really frustrated, and just clocked me in the head knocking my head gear sidways over my face, then ripped my gi off while I fell to the floor

Same woman also used to cuss out my mom during push hands practice, lol.

Originally posted by Brad
    Same woman also used to cuss out my mom during push hands practice, lol.
    i thought people who did tai chi (or push hands) were a bunch of tree huggin' hippies?!?
    Travis

structure in motion

Walking down the steet one day, chatting to a friend, and didn't see a guy closing one of those big cafe umbrellas...

He just managed to time it so that one of the spokes was just at my eye hieght as I walked across...

Without even realising it, as soon as it touched my eye, I sidestepped and fired a pak + chun sau up the line of the spoke... just like someone had attacked me...

Was fairly amusing

'If someone wants to fight you, run a mile. If they are still behind you after that, run another mile. If they still want to fight, and it is really worth it, turn around and beat the living !*$!% out of them, 'cause they will be really tired.'

I do all sorts of stuff at work where I be walking along, someone drops something. It's not like an entire tray of food, Ive only caught one of those and that was because I was RIGHT NEXT to it, I never move to catch one. The reason is, if I move to try and catch it, and don't catch it, the server will scream saying I got in there way and thats why it fell. I've dropped things off the trays before, forks, napkins, etc and just reached out and caught them. Once, this hot girl was sitting there and I dropped a napkin and caught it about 3 inches from her face while holding about 4 dirty plates. Her response?

"Nice reflexes."
    I have a signature.

This guy tried to mug me once for my mobile phone and I beat him senseless.

That was pretty funny.
    "i can barely click the link. but i way why stop drinking .... i got ... moe .. fcke me ..im out of it" - GDA on Traditional vs Modern Wushu
    ---------------------------------------------
    but what if the man of steel hasta fight another man of steel only that man of steel knows kung fu? - Kristoffer
    How do you think monks/strippers got started before the internet? - Gene Ching
    Find your peace in practice. - Gene Ching

Originally posted by TjD

i thought people who did tai chi (or push hands) were a bunch of tree huggin' hippies?!?
    Naah, that is only what we want you guys to believe.

All Flower power till we start the pounding.

Originally posted by Laughing Cow

Naah, that is only what we want you guys to believe.

All Flower power till we start the pounding.

amen to pounding
    Travis

structure in motion

Nice story. Hmmmmmm. Well when I first started training at age 10 I was testing for my next rank with my parents watching from the door. I was tiny. They matched me up with a full grown woman all of 300 lbs. That woman mopped the floor with me. She kept beating me to the ground .. I look up at my parents to get some consoling and they are laughing. About that time I get a kick to the ribs. Finally the woman stopped and picked me up in the air by my one arm. She asks me if I am ok .. I say yes. Then she drops me and starts beating on me again. I think I even caught a glimpse of my grandmaster laughing. Well, for 19 years I have been hunting for that woman. I think I can take her now.

LOL. What kind of psycho matches a 10 year old against a three hundred pound woman!?

I guess it was a trial by fire. Survive this and you can survive anything!
    "i can barely click the link. but i way why stop drinking .... i got ... moe .. fcke me ..im out of it" - GDA on Traditional vs Modern Wushu
    but what if the man of steel hasta fight another man of steel only that man of steel knows kung fu? - Kristoffer

It was either that or the full grown men that were testing. I thought I was getting the easy one. Boy was I ever wrong. Hell hath no fury.

Yeah. You see, only a ten year old wouldn't know that already!

just be thankful the victors didn't get the spoils -- she'd have eaten you.
    " i wonder how many people take their post bone marrow transplant antibiotics with amberbock" -- GDA

Yup. Just tucked your tiny 10 year old @ss into one of her massive folds and steal off to the corner to indulge on you.