1 12.50%
  • Xebsball theme 2

0 0%
  • 3rd KFO theme

1 12.50%
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: "The Great ORA Theme Song Contest"

Thumbs up

I voted without listening (I'll do it tomorrow, coz it's late and I have to go to work in the morning).

Go FC theme!

Suomen Tasavalta!

Oi maamme Suomi, synnyinmaa,
    soi, sana kultainen!
    Ei laaksoa ei kukkulaa,
    ei vettä, rantaa rakkaampaa
    kuin kotimaa tää pohjoinen,
    maa kallis isien!

FACT OF THE DAY: Chuck Norris isn’t lactose intolerant. He just doesn’t put up with lactose’s sh!t.

wtf? u speak finnish?!

edit: U like FF6..?

3. Thumbs up

Voted without listening? Thanks plenty for support anyway,discarding mine and zhen´s votes,that would be second!

Hey,where did you rip that dated song off from?
    You´re not telling me you actually speak the language?
    The sunset´s setting down.Lay me on the forest floor.

I do not necessarily stand behind all of the statements I have made in the past, in this forum. Some of the statements may have appeared to support a biased view of reality, and may have been offensive. If you are a moral person and were hurt by comments that I made, you can PM me about it and I will apologize if I find your cause reasonable.
    -FC, summer of 2006-

I wish I could say I speak the lingo, but unfortunately I don't. I used the ancient method of google - copy - paste .

But I like finnish (actually, there aren't many languages I dislike ). It reminds me of Tolkien's elvish (and I think he actually used scandinavian languages and mythology - Edda (I've read it!) and such - as a base for LOTR). And since LOTR is my number one book, well...
    FACT OF THE DAY: Chuck Norris isn’t lactose intolerant. He just doesn’t put up with lactose’s sh!t.

Finnish is not like the other scandinavian languages (germanic..), it's of the finno-ugrian language family. So I don't think it's an inspiration to LOTR, but it sure does look like elvis(h)

6. Thumbs up

I don´t think it can be considered Scandinavian.
    It is also related to mongolian,hungary (language of-) and interestingly korean.

I do not necessarily stand behind all of the statements I have made in the past, in this forum. Some of the statements may have appeared to support a biased view of reality, and may have been offensive. If you are a moral person and were hurt by comments that I made, you can PM me about it and I will apologize if I find your cause reasonable.
    -FC, summer of 2006-

Originally posted by chen zhen
    Finnish is not like the other scandinavian languages (germanic..), it's of the finno-ugrian language family. So I don't think it's an inspiration to LOTR, but it sure does look like elvis(h)
    Oh, shut up.

Yes, I know finnish isn't scandinavian (duh!), but I guess it slipped my mind for a moment.
    We were talking about Sofia and Heidi, remember? It's a miracle I remember my name, let alone anything else ...

I ask again: U like FF6? since u knew Strago/FC's theme without listening?

There are actually clear similarities between Finnish and Quenya - many words are almost identical. Besides, Lord of the Rings was greatly influenced by the Finnish epic Kalevala.
    "Extra inch, extra power." -Tarm Sarm

uuhh, ok.

Så du bor i landet hvor der er trolde? Svenskere kan vel på en måde kaldes trolde, kan de ikke...?

Oops... sorry I didn't reply immediately .

No, I don't know the theme. I voted coz I like FC better than you .

Beeeyachh!!

13. Thumbs up

Sho,
    not to teach an expert but don´t you think some (if few) words of finnish and japanese are identical too? (remembering how much japanese derives from others of course)

I´m not familiar with quenya,at all.

-FC, summer of 2006-

chen zhen: Haha! Kanske. I wouldn't know. Men jag bor i Finland, så jag bara ställde den.

Former castleva: I can't think of any words that have the same meaning, but I guess there are a couple of those. Even though there sure are many words that are the same, but have different definitions.
    "Extra inch, extra power." -Tarm Sarm

Du bor i Finland? og du er svensker?

hvad vil du dog der?