Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The coolest video game in motherf*cking history!

Lightbulb The coolest video game in motherf*cking history!

Go to this link & click on the disc-icon to download.
    http://www.virtualdreams.fr/VDForum/...?t=738&start=0

How can a videogame have that fantastic graphics & realistic gameplay?
    My jaw dropped to the floor when I saw it.

Ya agreed, it seems like Hideo Kojima is always taking the next MGS gameplay into an entire indomitable level. He's redefining the power of PS2 and how realistic games can be. And every time he does, he makes the previous series of MGS look like atari.

SPOILERS: Close your eyes and not read this if you dont wanna know. But according to Kojima, this game takes place in the 60s, and the new (Solid Snake-looking) protagonist has a scar or one disfunction eye. And to the fans who's following the entire profound story, that can mean only one thing.
    Milia Macerusk

I know who it is. He pointed that out himself. *coughbigbosscough*
    I'm quite into that series.

It just looks unelievable how realistic a game can be. Wow.

Dude, thanks a lot, u ruined it for the amateurs. Tut tut... lol. The MGS series, in my opinion, the best games to have an superb epic storyline, intellectual concepts, philosophical anthrology, morality, and overall kick ass game play to be ever conceived.
    Milia Macerusk

Yes, totally true. Maybe u even miss something..

Storyline-wise, I liked the first one best.(also sentimentally)
    second: graphics, gameplay. Storyline not *quiiite* as good. But fantastic.

I have high expectations with the 3rd.

U know they are remaking the first one with ps2-graphics*..?

What a coincidence, I just put some Snake quotes in my sig..

*Gamecube exclusive

Ya I also like the first story better. Let just say the whole Patriot thing or playing Raiden wasn't my cup of tea. Ya I Know they are remaking the first one, but isnt for the gamecube, they are calling it twin snakes right? But my favorite quotes would be what Naomi said in the end "we mustnt be ruled by our genes" and what Snake said something like "I've always lived for myself, only in battlefield I felt truly alive, but now.... it's a new begining, and Ill start living for someone else, and.... I dunno Ill figure out the rest when I get there." I like that quote, especially coming from him, lol. Man I thought Snake Eater was coming out this year.... it's 2004! I like the little reference that they made on Grand Theft Auto, lol. What I dont get is why is the game still calling him Snake?
    Milia Macerusk

What I dont get is why is the game still calling him Snake?
    We may find out when it's time.
    It may be a codename they (military) gave him, & then he was inspired to use it when he founded the FOX-HOUND. That's my theory.

I like the firefights, they both look & sound realistically. and how you can use the environment to your advantage (bee-hide).
    Also the new tree-climbing skill, and the knifework.
    There will also be network/broadband capabilities, but Kojima-san would'nt go into details. He said that at least it would be possible to download new camouflage outfits (don't know about that idea, though..).

Ya Snake's gone cannibal! lol. Ya I liked the little beehide trick and the fact that unexpectedly snakes can fall from the tree and try to bite you. Ya online capabilities would give you gimmicks but not online gaming, personally I dont mind, I wouldnt want it to turn into unreal tournament or anything.... imagine the addiction it will produce just cuz it's MGS.
    Milia Macerusk

good to have another MGS fan around here

but how will there be a Metal Gear walking battle tank when it's in the 60's? That's a mystery to me.

No way!!! Sonic the Hedgehog was better!!(original on Sega Genesis)
    Go Surf!
    Train hard and work hard to gain mastery.
    Do not train and you gain nothing.
    Spread good karma!!! Because if you dont, you get hit by bad karma!!!
    Then you will step in dog crap!!!=)
    Karate's better!!!

U even saw the video..?

Here's another version of the trailer from Konami's website. Maybe better res.:
    http://jpn00.konami.co.jp/products/m...vie_index.html

And the Remake of the original:
    http://jpn00.konami.co.jp/products/m...vie_index.html
    Last edited by chen zhen; 07-01-2003 at 04:23 AM.

And here I thought this was going to be a thread about Grand Theft Auto: Vice City

Seriously though, this does look bad-a$$

This game will kill GTA:VC

Uh both links you gave leads to the same page, and on it I dont see any movie except some text credits of the game makers.

Regarding Metal Gear, if you followed the story, back to the first game, when Snake fought Big Boss, in Outer Heaven, here is where he encounter the first Metal Gear right? But it never said who was specifically responsible for making or how many was made. The only indication you had was it was probably the ARMY, which in turn in the 4th installment was Metal Gear Solid (the 3rd installment sucked so much, it never made it to the US, so we only know that the third installment is MGS1), anyway, in it we discover the new Metal Gear Rex, modified by Otacon. But remember in the previous two games, both Metal Gears were destroyed. So it seems like the ARMY made enough to let these machines pop up from nowhere. So if Big Boss is the new character and Kojima chooses to put a Metal Gear in there, then Im guessing it's the first prototype Big Boss/Snake will be battling. Eh it seems like Metal Gears were mass produced to began with, so seeing tons of Metal Gear Rays swimming around the Arsenal, shouldn't have been a big deal. And when one man, even Snake, can take out a big nuclear armed battle tank, it's defintely not a big deal. But it's what gives the game its spark. lol. So Kojima wouldn't leave it out even for MGS3.
    Milia Macerusk

Just go down in the bottom of the page, u can download it there. But it is the same movie, so u don't have to.

Here's the second:
    http://jpn00.konami.co.jp/products/m...ish/index.html

The movie should be easy to find here. It looks *very* good too.