Thread: Knees Suck

Unhappy Knees Suck

Okay, a question:

I have flat feet. I do karate, lift weights, run (well, usta run). Now, I've had rather large outer legs with comparitively small inner legs. Ended up causing tracking problems for my patella. 6 Months Physical Therapy helped.

Started lifting on legs again. Now, knees back out (not near as bad, but still a pain in the yaboos). Back to doing therapy. Seems to help. The question: anyone know any exercises for strengthening the inner oblique, inner knee? I've got wall squats, sitting squats, and a host of isolation moves down.

Any ideas? Just late, needed to gripe.

Thanks in advance.
    BreakProof BackŪ Back Health & Athletic Performance
    https://sellfy.com/p/BoZg/

"Who dies first," he mumbled through smashed and bloody lips.

Try squeezing a ball between your knees & holding it there while doing leg extensions (one leg at a time) Haven't done it myself but an athletic trainer I know recommended that for strengthening the VMO's (vastus medialis oblique fibers).

Smile I love knees!

Oh, and a general comment on the name of the thread. When I was recovering from knee surgery a few years ago I was getting REALLY frustrated with the slow process & lingering pain. A Buddhist nun I knew asked me how I felt about my knee & I told her I was impatient, angry, etc. She advised me to love my knee, have compassion for it. **** if that change in attitude didn't coincide with the pain level dropping dramatically. So, try to stop thinking "knees suck," it just might help. Good luck.

Cool Thanks

"I love my knees. I love my knees. I love my knees . . . "

Thanks for the advice. Positive thinking probably can't hurt.
    I know I can get through this in about two-four months.

I love my knees, I love my knees . . .

Re: I love knees!

Originally posted by monkey mind
    Oh, and a general comment on the name of the thread. When I was recovering from knee surgery a few years ago I was getting REALLY frustrated with the slow process & lingering pain. A Buddhist nun I knew asked me how I felt about my knee & I told her I was impatient, angry, etc. She advised me to love my knee, have compassion for it. **** if that change in attitude didn't coincide with the pain level dropping dramatically. So, try to stop thinking "knees suck," it just might help. Good luck.
    Must be why all my groin injuries healed up so fast.
    "hey pal, you wanna do the dance of destruction with the belle of the ball, just say the word." -apoweyn

I fell on my right knee pretty bad in highschool doing high hurdles 4/5 years ago my junior year. When I do a hard workout, I have to ice it. (icing it right now actually.) It kills pretty much and I will probably blow it out down the line with the way i jsut keep on going and just do stuff. not good for me.

lol @ FatherDog. But I wonder, why do you keep injuring your groin? Take it easy man!

Talking

Okay, seems my knees are coming along (knock on wood). But, again, my beloved, super-keen back is shouting at me and making my loveable latisimus dorsi and trapezius rather tight.

Crimanny sake. I've only soooo much love to give.

More griping to come.

Unhappy Overtraining Sucks @$$!!!

I just realized; I overtrained Monday. I think I'm gonna scale back, drop it down to two working sets on everything, except the secondary lifts for my shoulders (need to get some frikkin symmetry to avoid any future pain).

Crap. I need some sleep.