Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone know how to lose fat quick?

Anyone know how to lose fat quick?

I have some fat on my belly, not much, but enough to not see my abs. I can see the line, but no abs, and i have fukin fat on them. I need a way to reduce my fat quick, and also moderatly all over my body, i cant get defined with fat. thanks
    "Half the work that is done in this world is to make things appear what they are not."

-Elias Root Beadle

Re: Anyone know how to lose fat quick?

Originally posted by VoidNinja
    I have some fat on my belly, not much, but enough to not see my abs. I can see the line, but no abs, and i have fukin fat on them. I need a way to reduce my fat quick, and also moderatly all over my body, i cant get defined with fat. thanks
    Lyposuction.

Alternatively you could eat fewer calories and do more excercise. Weight training and cardio HIIT should have the best results. There are no quick ways. It all takes time and effort.

Yeah, excercise is the best way, you'll eventually lose weight thru lots of training, perhaps some cardio workouts? Having a little weight is alright, once you have conditioned up your body then you should still be able to take hits fat or no fat...but everything takes time.

Wink

Intestinal parasites! On my first trip to Nepal I lost 20 pounds in 1 month. And no workout required (except the hourly sprint to the bathroom).

you could try chinese "Bailerina" brand dieter's tea - more or less the same effect as trip to Nepal...

Atkins diet. no carbs. start now

fa jing- what is that stuff? I've seen it. I thought "diet" or whatever was just an awkward translation

Robin Quivers from Howard Stern Show did some diet that was Kyann (sp?) peppers and maple syrup or something. She lost 50 pounds. To make sure she stuck with it she had a no party edict!
    I do not ever see Sifu do anything that could be construed as a hula dancer- hasayfu

Cool

~ Dysentary will help you loose weight quickly. I once lost 25 lbs in 24 hours when I lived in Brasil.
    ~ Lyposuction will help you get rid of it temporarily in a quick manner.
    ~ You should have asked "What is the BEST way to get rid of fat?"
    ~ In that case the answer would be, burn more calories than you consume. In other words, exercise and diet.

Peace,

Sin Loi

Yi Beng, Kan Xue

Originally posted by VoidNinja
    Why are you so worried about seeing your abs and being defined?

Your opponents and sparring partners won't worry about that.

Maye some woman might, but I doubt that it will affect your MA skill.

divorce

no wait.... Cut your head off

no wait...

nevermind
    Kung Fu is good for you.

one tip I put to practice is to drink an enourmous amount of water daily. with every mill I try to drink a liter of water with it, this not only fills me up faster but is known to help you digest your food better. You will pI$$ like a race horse but your body will stop retaining water because it is getting a steady supply.

also I havent tried it yet but they say colon cleansers help rid the intestinal track of built up waste and this decreases belly size.
    If a person offends you, do not resort to extremes, simply watch your chance and hit him with a brick.

Mark Twain

also I havent tried it yet but they say colon cleansers help rid the intestinal track of built up waste and this decreases belly size.
    Colonics? *shudder* If I were to ever get a tattoo, it would be on my butt and be a "do not enter" road sign.

You want to lose fat quick? Malaria is another option. Otherwise diet and exercise is your healthiest/best/most intelligent option. I may be remember my numbers wrong, but I believe that a healthy fat loss rate is something like 2lbs./week with proper diet and exercise, though I think it's really more than that. When I first started MA, I was a bit overweight and I was sticking to proper diet and exercise. I did not use any fad pills or weird gimmicks, and I lost about 5 lbs./week in the first 4 weeks.

Atkins diet is used by a lot of male models when they need to rip up for underwear shoots. It works..I just dont think its too hot if you plan on working out or having endurance..the healthy way is usually more gradual..but a month on atkins will give you major results.
    -Golden Arms-

By colon cleansers I meant High Fiber Dietery Supplements. LOL

And yes you should definitely exercise while dieting for best results. and with the excess of h2o in your system you should sweat tremoundusly thus causing the fat to burn.
    If a person offends you, do not resort to extremes, simply watch your chance and hit him with a brick.

Mark Twain

Find a book called "Fit or Fat" by Covert Baily

He is a retired Bio Chemist, and e explaines the mechanics and chemistry behind fat burning. Basically he states the body burns sugar for the first 20 minutes or so of any work out routine, and then shifts to fat burning for the long hual. He recomends a good 20 minute warmup, followed by 20 minutes of continous non stop cardio. However, he explains that it should not be ultra intense. If you are breathing so hard it's hard to talk, your over doing it.

I take that to mean you should train till you can't talk, and back off just enough to talk clearly, and continue this pace for 20 minutes after warm up.

Now for me, I have weight retention problems, so I double it to 40 minutes + the warmup. Also, I like to add strength conditioning prior to the actual fat burn part of my workout because muscles burn more fat than anything else, so I figure having alot of size is important. Unfortunetly, muscle building exercises themselves don't really burn much fat.

A good fat burning, Kung Fu workout would be something like this

20 min - Warmup

20 minutes of conditioning (or weights)

40 minutes of nonstop Kung Fu forms training. I especially like Long Fist style forms for this.

40 minutes sparring or self defence drills (Hey, the extra cardio, even light, burns even more fat, and you get to fight too!! )
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a

WATER

I'm sorry but the person who suggested that drinking large volumes of water with each meal is seriously inccorrect. One too much fluid will put the Kidneys under strain and weaken the bladder and as absolutely DOES NOT aid digestion at all. Where on earth you got that lazr-brain idea from I'll never know.

Drinking loads of fluids with your meal is more likely to give you food retention and indegestion too. Over a longer period of time large frequent volumes of water will cause dietary problems and kidney problems too, possibly some lung too as you are working so hard to try and sweat it all out the body has to use its reserve energy just to make the body function at a normal rate.

So the over loading of water idea is a rubbish idea for health, but a great idea for illness.
    " Don't confuse yourself with someone who has something to say " - The Fall

" I do not like your tone/ It has ephemeral whingeing aspects " - The Fall

" There are twelve people in the world/ The rest are paste " - Mark E Smith