Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone know how to lose fat quick?

Not really. The more water you drink, the less you'll retain. While I agree that it is counter productive to drink a lot of water or any other fluid at a meal, I think that good amounts of water daily will not only aid in health but in appearence as well. Without the excess layer of water retained under the skin, you will have better definition and a harder look. You will also never be dehydrated which is also a good thing as well.

Obviously there is a limit where too much water is enough due to strain put on the kidneys although water hardly strains the kidneys. The most dangerous part is overhydration where the salt levels in your body become too dilluted and you die. However, most people will burst and definately stop drinking water before this happens.

Cocaine????

Have you tried the "Jenny Crank" Diet?
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a

Ok, stand there.

Arms up let me get the sword ready. You said about 1 inch of the waist.

Ok, this won't hurt much.

Ok, try this,

7:00 Am eat half of a pinnaple

7:30 to noon walk consistantly at a good pace non stop except for 60 seconds every 40 minutes to chug water.

12:00 Eat other half of Pinneaple

12:30 to 5:00 PM, walk back home

5:00 Pm eat some REALLY REALL lean meat, no more than you can ball up in your palm. no bread, no mayo, nothing, just plain cooket meat. It could be chicken, Fish, Beef, whatever, just make sure you don't eat more than you can fit in your palm.

Do this 4 times a week. On the off days (every other day), eat two meat meals, and one pinneapple, and lift weigths all day hitting every major and minor group 3 times.

Do this routine every week for 36 weeks, and you will be thin and ripped.

I knew a guy who was layed off from work in the auto body industry back in the early 90's who did this, and he was totally RIPPED by the time he got another job. I'm not sure when he job hunted, but I know it wasn't until unemployment was almost up. The only difference is he ran till he couldn't anymore, and then walked the rest of the time and had a variety of fruites instead of just pineapple. Sometimes he biked it instead of hoofed it, or swam laps, but the hours were the same.
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a

I've lost 10 lbs. which has shaved five percent off of my total bodyfat percentage in the last three weeks. Here is what I'm doing and will continue to do probably forever, but at least until I drop ten more pounds:

1. I used to drink 2 forty four ounces of mountain dew a day. I've cut all sugary drinks from my diet and replaced them with water and unsweetened iced tea (keeps caffeine levels up, zero calories/no aspertame and it's got anti-oxidants, I think I'm in love).

2. I check the labels on foods to ensure that snacks aren't providing more than 200 calories twice daily, and full on meals aren't providing more than 500 calories per meal. I'll stop doing this when I hit my target weight as this is really just accelerating my calorie defecit.

3. Any time I'm craving something sweet, I have a piece of fruit. Of course I keep this within reason. I have this theory that when you're craving sugar, what your body really wants is the vitamins contained in fruit. So that's what I give it. If you think about it, it sort of makes sense what with all of the fruit FLAVORED sweets on the market... just a theory.

4. I only eat when I'm hungry, and I usually wait an hour before giving in.

5. I stopped driving my car as much as possible and started biking everywhere (at least to work, Aikido, and the gym).

My plan is to make all of these changes aside from the dieting permanent lifestyle adjustments. Every major change in my behavior that I've made with this mindset has stuck, so I know it'll work. It's how I started weight training, three years ago, gave up smoking/drinking/drugs five years ago, and started martial arts training ten years ago.

Whatever you choose to do, make sure your resolutions are modestly manageable for who you are, and make the change an everyday part of your routine.

Hope this helps!
    Last edited by Samurai Jack; 07-12-2003 at 04:01 PM.
    Bodhi Richards

I've heard these diets are good.

"Atkins"
    "Six Week Body Makeover"
    "Zone"
    "Mediterrean diet"

the best way to lose this fat is lower your carbs...A LOT, try to reduce your calories as well. Drinking a good amount of water (2-3 liters) will help clean out your system, and aid in breaking up fat and redcing your apetite. Increase the amount of cardio you do every day too.

Originally posted by KungFuFighting
    the best way to lose this fat is lower your carbs...A LOT, try to reduce your calories as well. Drinking a good amount of water (2-3 liters) will help clean out your system, and aid in breaking up fat and redcing your apetite. Increase the amount of cardio you do every day too.
    Not true.

The only way to lose weight is to burn more calories than you take in. If you drastically reduce carbs and increase protein (a la Atkins) you will end up with ketoacidosis and put strain on your kidneys and liver. This sort of diet should only be a very short term thing adn even then I think it's bad.

Water does not aid in breaking up fat. Everybody should drink plenty of water, but it won't help you lose fat.

Increase the cardio and resistance training, decrease the calories - that's the only long term effective way to do it.
    "i can barely click the link. but i way why stop drinking .... i got ... moe .. fcke me ..im out of it" - GDA on Traditional vs Modern Wushu
    ---------------------------------------------
    but what if the man of steel hasta fight another man of steel only that man of steel knows kung fu? - Kristoffer
    How do you think monks/strippers got started before the internet? - Gene Ching
    Find your peace in practice. - Gene Ching

Although I'm not saying you are wrong, to my knowledge, there hasn't been a study that has proven that "ketosis" puts a strain on your kidneys.

Carbs generally have a lot of calories. Outside of cheeses, the chicken and meats and vegetables suggested are relatively low calorie.

Sure they are. That's the basis of the idea, but it's flawed.
    "i can barely click the link. but i way why stop drinking .... i got ... moe .. fcke me ..im out of it" - GDA on Traditional vs Modern Wushu
    but what if the man of steel hasta fight another man of steel only that man of steel knows kung fu? - Kristoffer
    How do you think monks/strippers got started before the internet? - Gene Ching
    Find your peace in practice. - Gene Ching

and that flaw? lessening the intake of cheesy goodness.
    " i wonder how many people take their post bone marrow transplant antibiotics with amberbock" -- GDA

The only way to lose weight is to burn more calories than you take in. If you drastically reduce carbs and increase protein (a la Atkins) you will end up with ketoacidosis and put strain on your kidneys and liver.
    I agree with this to a certain extent though. Reducing your (but not eliminating carbs) and replacing them with proteins will aid in weight loss greatly.

Originally posted by Serpent

If you drastically reduce carbs and increase protein (a la Atkins) you will end up with ketoacidosis and put strain on your kidneys and liver. This sort of diet should only be a very short term thing adn even then I think it's bad.
    If you follow the Atkins diet like you are supposed to, you will end up with ketosis, which is the goal. If you screw off and try to put your own spin to it, you can end up with ketoacidosis, which is not good.

Consult a physician and have him/her monitor your diet, and tell you what to do if you want Atkins. If you follow the plan as you are supposed to, you should be fine, so long as you don't have pre-existing ailments.

I am about to hop on Atkins starting Monday. I want to use this for 3-6 months to blow off fat, and then get back onto a diet/excersize routine.

Why not do the exercise with the diet now? Can't you Atkinize and exercise together?
    Bodhi Richards