Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm completely sick and tired of...

I always chuckle when I talk to my fiancee's sister who has trained for 2 years in Shotokan. She is still new enough to MA that the illusions about her training are still intact. I hate the fact that her school teaches them that because they do karate they are now invincible fighters. One day I will disabuse her of all that.
    cxxx[]:::::::::::>
    Behold, I see my father and mother.
    I see all my dead relatives seated.
    I see my master seated in Paradise and Paradise is beautiful and green; with him are men and boy servants.
    He calls me. Take me to him.

Next time you see her, just smack her in the face really hard once.

Then just say, "Hmmm. You need to train more" and walk away.
    "i can barely click the link. but i way why stop drinking .... i got ... moe .. fcke me ..im out of it" - GDA on Traditional vs Modern Wushu
    ---------------------------------------------
    but what if the man of steel hasta fight another man of steel only that man of steel knows kung fu? - Kristoffer
    How do you think monks/strippers got started before the internet? - Gene Ching
    Find your peace in practice. - Gene Ching

LOL.

We were once talking about fighting multiple opponents and she was talking about how unrealistic the sparring scenarios were because when you hit someone in sparring they can keep coming at you but in real life they would go down Needless to say I was rather incredulous, but suitably hid my amazement.

Another time she was talking about throwing and how she could throw anyone - even me. I had to force myself not to laugh.
    I see my master seated in Paradise and Paradise is beautiful and green; with him are men and boy servants.

We were once talking about fighting multiple opponents and she was talking about how unrealistic the sparring scenarios were because when you hit someone in sparring they can keep coming at you but in real life they would go down
    LOL

I want to fight in her reality.

Needless to say I was rather incredulous, but suitably hid my amazement.
    You must have the patience of a saint...

My cousin's wife and her friend gave me a "demo" of why they were good fighters once. It looked like little girls kicking at each other with ballett moves.

Then they discided to "spar" with me. Every time they kicked or punched, I put them into a lock. I was informed that I "wasn't playing fair." I have not been invited to visit since...

I love when people tell you that you're cheating when you beat them sparring!
    "i can barely click the link. but i way why stop drinking .... i got ... moe .. fcke me ..im out of it" - GDA on Traditional vs Modern Wushu
    but what if the man of steel hasta fight another man of steel only that man of steel knows kung fu? - Kristoffer

Serpent-
    My favorite t-shirt reads "eat $hit you fu cking red neck!" All black with white lettering on the back.

Originally posted by Chang Style Novice
    Anyone who doesn't keep their cellphone or pager on vibrate is just an attention-seeking asswipe.
    maybe not... if you don't have a vibrating clip, you can't always feel the phone vibrate. there's a time and place for everything - and there are places, like the movies, where they should be kept off.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

Originally posted by Becca
    I've got the "Hary Potter" theame on my phone. Haven't found anyone else who has that one, yet.
    I've got the knight rider theme, and some other stuff too
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

Originally posted by Shuul Vis
    Serpent-
    My favorite t-shirt reads "eat $hit you fu cking red neck!" All black with white lettering on the back.

Originally posted by Becca

LOL

I want to fight in her reality.

You must have the patience of a saint...

My cousin's wife and her friend gave me a "demo" of why they were good fighters once. It looked like little girls kicking at each other with ballett moves.

Then they discided to "spar" with me. Every time they kicked or punched, I put them into a lock. I was informed that I "wasn't playing fair." I have not been invited to visit since...
    Well, it was easier because I was driving and could pretend that I was concentrating on the road. But it was extremely hard to drive properly and not laugh at the same time.

When she started training, I was mucking around with her doing some touch sparring. So I threw a few soft palms that stopped centimetres from her face. In the mean time she threw a reverse punch to my torso and claimed victory. At this point I realised that they were teaching point sparring.

Another time I agreed to help her with sparring but it turned out to be a bunch of drills where I attacked and she defended and countered. I was going pretty easy on her since she had only just started, then she asked me to throw a high roundhouse. So I did, and she then says that maybe we shouldn't do the drill because I was off balance and my form was bad! Then I have to do a front kick for her to block, and she asks me if I really want to do this drill because she might hurt me! Meanwhile my fiancee is in the background killing herself laughing behind her magazine.

Fun and games

No, really. Smack her in the face really hard. Once.

Originally posted by Serpent
    No, really. Smack her in the face really hard. Once.
    Someone has already done that - she has had a black eye for the last week

I will one day, but I don't think the day has come yet. I think she needs to train a little longer and allow her teachers and fellow classmates sort her out a bit. That is all assuming that her school is not a complete McDojo (which I suspect they are - they have a black belt acceleration program). Maybe in a little while (she is thinking of joining my class) I will train with her and set her straight.

What does she do now?

Shotokan, Serpent. He already said it. So thats what it is, you dont bother to read, you just post then go back and maybe read then post again.
    I have a signature.

Thing is I have a lot of respect for Shotokan, but her school seems to really suck. I think they focus on competition (the head of the school was national junior coach) and tend to lose sight of the real stuff.