Thread: excessive training (situps/push ups)?

excessive training (situps/push ups)?

i was just thinking... would it necessary be bad for u to do pushups/situps everyday? I know that you're suppose to rest a day between each workout. But i was reading this one article on this judo guy kimura (the guy who beat gracie, if u didnt know!), anyhoe,, it said that this guy did some 300 pushups everyday. He looked pretty **** buffed though. so what do u think? will it do more good than bad??

2nd. about the sit ups. same question basically. i just wanna get like real ripped fast. i'm off a good start so far. u can like see my abs pretty clearly if i lean forward a little bit, n they're also visable when stright up, although they're not as prominent. I wanna get em prominent constantly. is daily situps the answer? one more thing, i dunno if all of u work the same, but after i've had a big meal, my stomach expands. you can still see my abs though, but i dont like it this way. i just want my stomach to stay flat all the time. like an impregnable brick wall or something.

let me know what u think

thanks
    “Start by doing what’s necessary, then what’s possible and suddenly, you are doing the impossible”

St. Francis of Assisi

If your bodyfat is low enough to see your abs, try janda situps with a 25lb plate on your chest if no weighted jandas are too easy for you. Dragon flags with ankle weights will do wonders too.

ive never heard of dragon flags. what are they??
    is everyday too much though?
    “Start by doing what’s necessary, then what’s possible and suddenly, you are doing the impossible”

St. Francis of Assisi

Thumbs up

Everyday?
    Sorry,buddy.
    Makes no sense to me.
    The sunset´s setting down.Lay me on the forest floor.

I do not necessarily stand behind all of the statements I have made in the past, in this forum. Some of the statements may have appeared to support a biased view of reality, and may have been offensive. If you are a moral person and were hurt by comments that I made, you can PM me about it and I will apologize if I find your cause reasonable.
    -FC, summer of 2006-

working same muscle groups everyday would do nothing for the muscles. thats why when you lift and such you rotate everyday or do it every other day. plus too much exercise isnt good for your body either. too much exercise has been found to cause strokes for people in their 50's and such.

working the same groups daily is cool if you do it properly.

you can do abs everyday - that's not gonna get you ripped any faster though - that's likely a bodyfat issue. to make them show more, lose some flab.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

Hmmm, the old theory is you can work something every day if you only work it 70% of your max. You see this in lots of the old Chinese manuals. Most of them say to work 70% daily. I have tried this, and I found you really don't need recovery time because you really don't do anything to need recovery from. Personally, I think working harder, and taking the recovery day gives better results for developing physical attributes, and the daily regimes are better for skill development.

A guy doing 300 Pushups every day realy should be able to do like 429 or more pushups to be able to do 300 daily. (429 X 70% = 300.3)

I found that doing a good conditioning routine twice a week is all you really need if your intensity is high enough. Remember, between doing Forms, and your system's Qi Gong, Sparring, Weights (if you do that), Weapons work etc..., your doing ALOT anyway. If you don't do forms and Qi Gong, you might want to condition 3-4 times a week, wiht a day off inbetween to recover. It really depends on what your total workout routine is. You can't just look at one thing, you have to look at it all before you decide.

As for wanting to see your Abbs, Get lots of cardio. Kung Fu forms done for hours at a time with no breaks, at a fairly deacent pace is great for that as it will burn pretty much all your fat away. Just make sure you eating right.

Also, when you eat, your going to expand. The ONLY way to prevent this, is to not eat enough to make your tummy expand in the first pace. Try eating 5 smaller meals, instead of 3 big ones. It's healthier to eat that way anyway (Well, that's what all the "Experts" say anyway)
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a

Thumbs up

A lot has happened since old Chinese manuals.Just a sidenote.

I do not necessarily stand behind all of the statements I have made in the past, in this forum. Some of the statements may have appeared to support a biased view of reality, and may have been offensive. If you are a moral person and were hurt by comments that I made, you can PM me about it and I will apologize if I find your cause reasonable.
    -FC, summer of 2006-

One point that's finally sunk in...thanks to Ford Prefect...is that you get stronger when you are resting. After a workout that is.

10. Thumbs up

Pretty basic.But I guess not all know.
    Sleep well!

-FC, summer of 2006-

Dragon flags...lay flat on a bench. Keeping your legs straight, bring them up until they form a 90 degree angle (perpendicular to the bench). Then (with toes pointed towards the ceiling) shoot your toes as high as you can toward the ceiling. Lower legs and repeat.

There's a variation you can do if you don't have a bench. Lie on the floor with your arms underneath you, and form an arrow with your hands (index and middle fingers touching, and fingers pointed towards feet) right underneath your tailbone. The motion is the same as above.

Keep your legs straight.

It is pretty basic, but it's also difficult for some folks to accept. Especially the overtrainers and perfectionists.

13. Thumbs up

I know from personal experience how the cycle goes;
    Phases-
    -train
    -overtrain (excited)
    -get tired
    -inevitable rest,rest,rest...

-FC, summer of 2006-

It is pretty basic, but it's also difficult for some folks to accept. Especially the overtrainers and perfectionists.

Reply]
    Yeah, for me I was trained by habitual over traininers. it was a mental game to see how far you could push your limits. It really wasn't untill I over did it to the extreme that I finnaly learned you have to rest. I then started to implement some common sense recovery times on the advice of a freind, and low and behold, I developed twice as fast, with half the work.
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a