Thread: Think I found a way to ease the shin splints.....

Think I found a way to ease the shin splints.....

Well after the last post i made on asking you guys if you found any methods of helping ease the tightness of shin splints, I have found one that sems to work.....

Tapping your toes!!!!!
    (heels down)
    I was practising rudiments, while tapping my toes and began to notice that as the muscle running parrallel with wit the tibia began to ache, the tightness on my shins inflicted earlier while skipping began to wear off. It was only temporary, but then later I did about 10 mins of tapping my toes in the same way and now I can run and skip without getting shin splints as quickly.....

Try it, don't knock it before you do so.....

Hope this helps

-greg
    Visit the Site -
    www.buddha-fist.com

Sounds like something a physical theraipist might prescribe.
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a

well, i might well be, but since i've never been to one dont know.....tell me if it works 4 u
    Visit the Site -
    www.buddha-fist.com

I think this is something that the PT's don't know about.. Standard recommendations are ice, rest or decreased workout, massage, stretching the calf muscles, strengthening the anterior muscles, and supports for the feet.. WebMD says that if you tap your toes a long time, you'll get an idea of what shin splints are about. They say nothing about tapping your toes to relieve it.

We need to remember to tell the next person who posts about shin splints to try it. Maybe we can publish an informal study in KFM.

PLC

I think this is something that the PT's don't know about

Reply]
    I don't know man, my theripist had some serious training methods for everything from toes to finger tips to neck, and even jaw exercises. I only got the back stuff, but some of the others were in there doing exercises for the fingers, and even the jaw.

I truly belive that physical theripists know more exercises for devloping more area's of the body than anyone, especially when it comes to rebuilding an area weakened by injury.
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a

My mom's an Occupational Therapist. I thought the idea of tapping the toes sounded interesting, so I asked her for her oppinion about it. Here's an exerpt form her reply:

"I'm not sure that i understand....when you mention the muscle
    running parallel w/ the tibia, do you mean on the inside or the outside? All though the outside would actually be the fibula. You do have a muscle that I can't recall the name of running down the front of your tibia and using this, which you do when tapping your toes, would fatigue it and make it relax."
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    you're kidding? i would love to drink that beer just BECAUSE it's in a dead animal...i may even pick up the next dead squirrel i see and stuff a budweiser in it