Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "Purist"

You can be blinded with change too!...

i read that about serial killers once and then there are the people who go to church and dance with live snakes , and believe there pure faith will protect them , untill they get bit
    oh well there are many paths to each there own
    If the truth hurts , then you will feel the pain

Do not follow me, because if you do, you will lose both me and yourself....but if you follow yourself, you will find both me and yourself

You sound rather pompous Ernie! -- by Yung Chun
    http://wslglvt.com

old jong
    You can be blinded with change too!...
    how so if you measure it with improvement and advancement
    and d amn it it who says i can't reinvent the wheel

Do not follow me, because if you do, you will lose both me and yourself....but if you follow yourself, you will find both me and yourself

Ernie

I know I can continue learning Wing Chun for the rest of my life and get better and better this way. That's not improvement to you?...It is for me.
    No need to get that emotional BTW

mr. jong

I know I can continue learning Wing Chun for the rest of my life and get better and better this way. That's not improvement to you?.. this is true with almost anything why limit it to wing chun

if your happy and your progression curve is within your expectations , then brother you go on with your pure bad self
    i just don't want to become that old martial artist that spouts out '' well i've been learning for 30 years '' but in reality he learned for about 5 and just kept repeating the same old thing for twenty five .
    i see alot of these guys especially in the karate camp , i often spar with these purist and man they can't adjust to anything .
    but they do great forms

so if i look at it that way i am a purist in respect to being flexible and adaptable .

Ernie.
    I stay polite with you .Please try to do the same with me.

old jong
    i'm sorry i wasn't trying to come at you disrespectfully ,
    i was just sharing a thought and a experience .
    you have been very polite and fun to discuss things with .
    and i would like to keep it that way .
    don't know exactly how i was being disrespectful but either way i will apologize .

o.k.
    just checked your profile see were you could think i was speaking to you instead of in general
    oct 17th eh, mine is the 18th
    you think i would be more balanced for a libra

Rene,

No idea. Lloyd trains like a possessed man. And I mean that in a way that most of us cannot possibly comprehend. I am just now starting to get an inkling of what that means and what competition at that level requires.

I expect that his blueprint will outline the effort it takes, but I really can't speak to it.
    "In the world of martial arts, respect is often a given. In the real world, it must be earned."

"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says is never accurate because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand. "--Bertrand Russell

"Liberals - Cosmopolitan critics, men who are the friends of every country save their own. "--Benjamin Disraeli

"A conservative government is an organised hypocrisy."--Benjamin Disraeli

Ernie,

Knowing you for a long time helps me to get used to your good heart but often inappropriate and stupid remarks. Let this be a lesson to you on civility. Ha! Ha!

Justice consists in doing no injury to men; decency in giving them no offense.
    - Marcus Tullius Cicero

Regards,

paul
    o'k'
    do you wnat a eye jab or a kick in the nuts next time i see you
    there i go again being un civil ,
    hope all is well

Paul H.

Cicero was an unreliable ally.
    Incidentally, he was a lawyer.

Joy,

Thanks for your warning of "um" lawyers! Okay, how's this from a man of higher principles : "A thing is not necessarily true because badly uttered, nor false because spoken magnificently. - Saint Augustine of Hippo" Ha! Ha!

Regards,

Paul H.

Some bishops too these days! One in Arizona is in deep trouble. (recently resigned)
    Augustine is no friend of mine. He abandoned his mistresses
    conveniently when he saw the light- didnt take care of them.
    Weird fellow- original sin passed on to infants through their father's sperm! Most folks are predestined for hell!!But he was pretty innovative on the concept of time.

But then- even my heroes have clay feet....er including Jefferson.
    But then he wasa lawyer too.
    On Indians- when he appointed the first Indian commisioner-
    he wanted Indians to give up their lands "legally"- get them into debt in the stores he said then it wiuld be easier to get the lands.
    Rum and debt should do it.

At least Reagan joked that we stole the Panama Canal- legally.
    And he was no lawyer-unlike the Republican before him from Whittier, Californy. Ok---I quit....enough sparring!