Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: OT: Another funny site for all you French bashers :)

I really dont understand this knee jerk reaction against the French on behalf of some in the US.
    I don't either, but I have just as much fun poking fun at the France-bashers as I do any one or anything else.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    you're kidding? i would love to drink that beer just BECAUSE it's in a dead animal...i may even pick up the next dead squirrel i see and stuff a budweiser in it

Joedoe: yeah, I know that. I just felt like saying it anyway...

http://members.aol.com/ecsull2/priva...io/bonjour.wav

I apologize.

I want to take this time to apologize to everyone who may have had their feelings hurt by my own French bashing which I've done from time to time on this forum. I used to think that because I was of French heritage that gave me some sort of right, or immunity to do so. Obviously that sort of thinking is just as neolithic as Dusty Baker's thinking that it's all right for him to make racial statements and say it's okay because he's one of them.

The French lost an entire generation in WWI and had inept generals and poorly trained soldiers who were expected to stop one of the most modern and ferocious war machines this century has ever witnessed. For me to make off handed comments about the French is to dismiss the sacrifice of all those dead men who died for their country.

I again apologize for that and I'm sorry.
    K. Mark Hoover

What have you done with the real Budokan?
    cxxx[]:::::::::::>
    Behold, I see my father and mother.
    I see all my dead relatives seated.
    I see my master seated in Paradise and Paradise is beautiful and green; with him are men and boy servants.
    He calls me. Take me to him.

well, if he was going to apologize, at least he picked the right reasons.

kudos, budokan.
    " i wonder how many people take their post bone marrow transplant antibiotics with amberbock" -- GDA

Originally posted by Becca
    No he didn't. He dipped into "special funding"... It was kept hush-hush
    It wasn't hush-hush. People just tend not to bother to read the fine print. He "balanced" the budget by "borrowing money from the future." In other words, he cooked the books. But this was quite clear from the "fine print", and unfortunately isn't that uncommon.

The resession we are in started because of it, and is being blamed on Bush II and 9/11.
    Are you saying here that Clinton caused the recession?

Don't you think things like the collapse of the tech markets are more reasonable causes?

The recession started in the late 90s. There are lots of causes, including the bust of the dot-com industry. My problem is with the people who blame it on George Dubya simple 'cause he's the president right now.
    you're kidding? i would love to drink that beer just BECAUSE it's in a dead animal...i may even pick up the next dead squirrel i see and stuff a budweiser in it

The recession started in the late 90s. There are lots of causes, including the bust of the dot-com industry. My problem is with the people who blame it on George Dubya simple 'cause he's the president right now.
    But it's his fault

Seriously, the tech wreck was inevitable - economics is still subject to the laws of gravity, and people were being incredibly silly during the dot-com boom. Add to that the number of people that jumped into the industry to cash in on Y2K, and the bubble was bound to burst. Maybe it will bring some sanity back into the industry.
    cxxx[]:::::::::::>
    Behold, I see my father and mother.
    I see all my dead relatives seated.
    I see my master seated in Paradise and Paradise is beautiful and green; with him are men and boy servants.
    He calls me. Take me to him.

There are lots of causes, including the bust of the dot-com industry. My problem is with the people who blame it on George Dubya simple 'cause he's the president right now.
    I agree completely.

It just seemed to me like you were doing something just as inappropriate by blaming it on Clinton.

Sorry. I meant to blame no one. It really isn't anyone's fault. It just happened because of the financial and political climate aroung the world.

The US economy went into the toilet during October of 2000, when online retailers such as Amazon, Etoys, and Pets.com posted serious losses. (Etoys and Pets.com have since gone bankrupt)

This was over one month before the election, and 4 months before Bush II was inaugurated.

The French-bashing is still funny as hell. Now stop with the political posts!!!!!
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Copyright 2003 - African Tiger Inc., a Nevada yada yada yada. Any reproduction...oh, to hell with that round kick, my knees are killing me. How about a nice Iron Palm to the nuts, sonny?

No. I don't wanna.

Presidents are more than willing to take credit for a good economy when they've had absolutely nothing to do with generating said economic numbers. They have to take a bite of the sh*t sandwich when the economy tanks, too, whether or not they had anything to do with the downturn.

That's the nature of the political animal. I'm not saying it's necessarily fair, but get over it. They'll take credit when things are good then they have to get broken over a stump and take their medicine when things go awry....
    K. Mark Hoover

The reason it persists is because we allow it to. I don't like being blamed for something I didn't do, so I don't take credit for thing I didn't do and I don't perpetuat that standard on others. I know I'm only one person, but if I didn't follow this standard, I;d be part of the problem.