Page 1 of 32 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Somethin i wrote up for anti-grapplin folks

Somethin i wrote up for anti-grapplin folks

F*CK IT

Brad Souders
    Last edited by Brad Souders; 07-14-2003 at 08:16 PM.
    Tapped Out

Think about how much "mixed martial arts" would change if the eyes and groin were made a valid target?

one good hit to the eyes, and it doesnt matter if your tito ortiz, you cant make your eyes tough!
    Use attack as your indestructable spirit

Oh dear.

Here we go again.
    "i can barely click the link. but i way why stop drinking .... i got ... moe .. fcke me ..im out of it" - GDA on Traditional vs Modern Wushu
    ---------------------------------------------
    but what if the man of steel hasta fight another man of steel only that man of steel knows kung fu? - Kristoffer
    How do you think monks/strippers got started before the internet? - Gene Ching
    Find your peace in practice. - Gene Ching

While you can not make your eyes hard, you can make you groin hard. Just look at master tu.
    I will crush my enemies, see them driven before me, then hit their wimminz with a Tony Danza. - Vash

Think about how much "mixed martial arts" would change if the eyes and groin were made a valid target?
    Actually, the groin was a valid target in earlier incarnations, and still is in some places overseas. I will note that the only person I ever saw succumb to groin shots was Joe Son--a person of questionable ability.

As for the rest Ging Mo, two thumbs down. True, in and of itself, but hardly "the answer."

BTW, I believe Brad was writing "anti-grappling," as in "how to counter grappling," not ANTI-grappling
    Last edited by Merryprankster; 07-08-2003 at 03:16 AM.
    "In the world of martial arts, respect is often a given. In the real world, it must be earned."

"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says is never accurate because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand. "--Bertrand Russell

"Liberals - Cosmopolitan critics, men who are the friends of every country save their own. "--Benjamin Disraeli

"A conservative government is an organised hypocrisy."--Benjamin Disraeli

I've been hiding for months, I come back and we're still talking the same old sh!t.

Maybe I should leave it another few months.
    Adam Stanecki - Practitioner of common sense.

"Think for yourself. Question authority." - Timothy Leary

Fluid Fitness - www.fluidfitness.com.au
    Dominance Mixed Martial Arts - www.dominance.com.au

BS...

Originally posted by Ging Mo Fighter
    one good hit to the eyes, and it doesnt matter if your tito ortiz, you cant make your eyes tough!
    Eye and groin hits are not the sure thing that most people think they are. Yes, there is a possiblity that you might stop someone with an eye or groin shot. However, when the adrenaline is flowing, it's not likely.

I have received both eye and groin shots that were serious enough to put me in the hospital. However, during the time of the fight, they had almost no effect.

CMA people always talk about how they would have an edge if eye shots, groin kicks, pinching, etc was legal in competition. But they just forget that the MMA fighters also will be able to do these things, and then they will lose anyway.
    Just an observation.

Originally posted by Ging Mo Fighter

Actually, I talked to Royce about this the last time I saw him (seriously) He told me that eye gouges were legal in the early tournies. You would get a penalty, but would be allowed to continue. So, if I eye gouged someone and he couldn't fight anymore, I'd get penalized, bit I'd still win because he couldn't continue.

However, think about it seriously... the grappler is actually the one who would benefit most from using an eye gouge. the striker will have to worry about head movement, blocking, etc. - it's hard to hit the eyes of a moving opponent who doesn't want you to hit them. If the grappler has you on the ground and contained, your movement is limited, and he is much closer to you, making it easier for him to gouge your eyes.

Bad troll attempt, by the way...
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

MMA fighters also will be able to do these things, and then they will lose anyway.

Reply]
    What do MMA guys do that is so different than us anyway? They work striking, we work striking, they work throws & take downs we work throws & take downs. They fight inside, we fight inside. We learn about distance, timming and footwork, they learn about distance timming and footwork. We do cardio, they do cardio, we do strength & flexibility work, they do strength and flexibility work. We condition, they condition, They ground fight, we ground fight.

Now granted, our version of "Ground Fight" is often not much more than a full weighted kneed drop to an easily breakable area generally taking advantage of the momentum of the throw followed by a couple of follow up strikes and bouncing back to our feet asap, and they prefer to be gentile about it and choose to go for submissions instead of brutal mamings like we do, but still all the elements are there in both games. I think it's the fighter personally, and how hard and extensively he trained.
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a

I'd hardly call what Mark Kerr used to do to people "genteel"
    "In the world of martial arts, respect is often a given. In the real world, it must be earned."

"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says is never accurate because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand. "--Bertrand Russell

"Liberals - Cosmopolitan critics, men who are the friends of every country save their own. "--Benjamin Disraeli

"A conservative government is an organised hypocrisy."--Benjamin Disraeli

groin shots are probably one of the most overrated strikes in the game. A little adrenaline goes a long way towards making groin shots a null point.

Brad, good stuff, however I believe you could have stuck with the first paragraph and had an excellent point. The rest is just icing on the cake.

Thumbs up good stuff B...

Brad does all that work and get burried by an 'eye gouge'… KFO at its finest…
    "pain is not my enemy; it is my call to greatness. " - Henry Rollins

Baltimore San Shou

WWW.NLPF.NET

“The only undefeated fighters are those who do not compete.” – Coach Sonnon, MMA.tv

Good article Brad... I don't know if I completely agree with you on all points, but I like the general gist thus far and the examples using fighters.

RD, there training contains a lot of what others do, but how they do it is usually different, getting them someplace else in a different amount of time so to speak.
    practice wu de

Actually I bored everyone to death. Even Buddhist and Taoist monks fell asleep.....SPJ

Forums are no fun if I can't mess with your head. Or your colon...
    uh-oh, I hope no one quotes me on that....Gene Ching

I'm not Normal.... RD on his crying my b!tch left me thread

I'd hardly call what Mark Kerr used to do to people "genteel"

Reply]
    How many of his opponents ended up with crushed lower rib cages, broken necks or dammaged Kidneys? Kung Fu ground work, works by maiming the opponent. if you don't go that far, then it's like you did nothing at all. It's like a bullet in a gun, if you aim, but don't pull the trigger, it doesn't work. If you were to follow through fully, your going to main people, and noone wants to do that. The fighters don't want to injure thier opponents that severly, the promoters don't want it so much most competitons outlaw intentionally hurting your opponent, and the spectators will cry foul and accuse the guy doing the maiming of having bad "Sportsmanship" or out right cheating.

Seriously, Mark Kerr, may have used quite a few "Pain" submissions in his day, and possibly accidentally broke an elbow on rare occasion, but his techniques are designed to submitt, NOT break, and maim. Kung Fu is desgned to crush, maim and break.
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a