Page 5 of 32 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Somethin i wrote up for anti-grapplin folks

In fact, Quentin "Rampage" Jackson has ended several fights through slams.

Why?

Because slamming is legal.
    "In the world of martial arts, respect is often a given. In the real world, it must be earned."

"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says is never accurate because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand. "--Bertrand Russell

"Liberals - Cosmopolitan critics, men who are the friends of every country save their own. "--Benjamin Disraeli

"A conservative government is an organised hypocrisy."--Benjamin Disraeli

Originally posted by MerryPrankster
    Slams are legal in ALL MMA events.
    PRIDE rules:
    (snip)
    You'll note that dropping knees on your opponent is perfectly acceptable.

Originally posted by Royal Dragon
    But you can't SLAM him down on the mat and follow that momentum into the rib crushing knee drop because slamming is illegal,

Tomorrow morning for breakfast, why not try cornflakes instead of a big bowl of dumbass?
    "hey pal, you wanna do the dance of destruction with the belle of the ball, just say the word." -apoweyn

Opps sorry, I missread that-----My Bad.
    You may continue arguing now.
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a

Still though, you don't see too much out side of ground'em and make'em tap. That's the first goal. Usually the second, third and forth too.
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a

The goal is to make them give up.

Why? It's a substitute for having something break, having your face permanently rearranged or going to sleep for a nice little nappy-nappy.

All it takes to go from tap to "brutal" is not honoring the tap and not having a referee.

Secondly, plenty of people play the ground and POUND game, not ground and tap. Do I need to list again?

Get it? Or is this still too hard?
    Last edited by Merryprankster; 07-09-2003 at 10:21 AM.
    "In the world of martial arts, respect is often a given. In the real world, it must be earned."

"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says is never accurate because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand. "--Bertrand Russell

"Liberals - Cosmopolitan critics, men who are the friends of every country save their own. "--Benjamin Disraeli

"A conservative government is an organised hypocrisy."--Benjamin Disraeli

xebby is no more, his creator dwells elsewhere
    Merryprankster you mma scum, stupid oil wrestilng wuss, you suck and you cant fight, go grab another man's thigh, and fock you ina ass

ewallace you bastage i dont even know how they allow you to post here, you... bastage-bag

ShaolinTiger you... you... men's butt-oiler, get out of my face before i piss on your eye

apoweyn you kickboxing travesti, your silicone tits fool some, but those large shorts dont hide your package down there

did i forget any mmaers?
    "If you're havin girl problems i feel bad for you son
    I got 99 problems but a bitch ain't one"

"If you can't respect that your whole perspective is wack
    Maybe you'll love me when i fade to black"

http://www.hotornot.com/r/?eid=OQSURMO&key=FMA

The goal is to make them give up.

See, MMA = Not Brutal

All it takes to go from tap to "brutal" is not honoring the tap and not having a referee.

Reply]

But they TRAIN to honor the tap, and the DO have a refferee.

See, MMA = Not Brutal

Secondly, plenty of people play the ground and POUND game, not ground and tap. Do I need to list again?

Reply]
    Yes, Ground and POUND, into submission or KO, not ground and smash & Pound his face till he's not capable of fighting back because he's too dam injured to do so.

See, MMA = Not Brutal.

What are the specs of broken Jaws to actual fights in a year anyway? 0 or 1 or 2 (at best) to over 100 fights?

How about submissions vs carreid away in a strecther with medic working feaverishly to save you? in a year? 0 to 100+

Deaths in the last 10 years? 0 to 1000+ fights?
    Last edited by Royal Dragon; 07-09-2003 at 10:36 AM.

For the Women:

+ = & a

Yes, Ground and POUND, into submission or KO, not ground and smash & Pound his face till he's not capable of fighting back because he's too dam injured to do so.
    KO = not capable of fighting back because he's too dam injured to do so.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

Sport=not brutal, for ****'s sake! You're talking about sport not mma when you talk about rules!
    Last edited by Chang Style Novice; 07-09-2003 at 10:33 AM.
    All my fight strategy is based on deliberately injuring my opponents. -
    Crippled Avenger

"It is the same in all wars; the soldiers do the fighting, the journalists do the shouting, and no true patriot ever get near a front-line trench, except on the briefest of propoganda visits...Perhaps when the next great war comes we may see that sight unprecendented in all history, a jingo with a bullet-hole in him."

First you get good, then you get fast, then you get good and fast.

MMA's train almost exclusively for sport. Or NON Brutal submission fighting.

KO's are not very severe, they wake up and walk out every time (I'm sure there are some far and few between exceptions)

For the Women:

+ = & a

DEFINITION according to RD

Brutal = catclysmic injury, not some bumpes and bruises or a soar elbow.

For the Women:

+ = & a

KO's are not very severe, they wake up and walk out every time (I'm sure there are some far and few between exceptions)
    If you KO a man with Kung Fu, do you keep pounding him? Once he's out, the threat is gone and the fight is over. Same result.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

And furthermore, let me say that sport SHOULDN'T be brutal. I mentioned earlier that I think refs in mma often let fights go on too long. And I don't care for MPs attitude of keeping on fighting after it's clear that you've won. If you are de facto the winner of the bout, I think you are honor bound by human decency and good sportsmanship to back off whether the ref signals you to or not. If I was in Don Frye's shoes in the Frye-Batteti match, for example, I would've gotten up and declared myself the winner after about five or six of those knees to the head and not kept going until the ref pulled me off.
    All my fight strategy is based on deliberately injuring my opponents. -
    Crippled Avenger

"It is the same in all wars; the soldiers do the fighting, the journalists do the shouting, and no true patriot ever get near a front-line trench, except on the briefest of propoganda visits...Perhaps when the next great war comes we may see that sight unprecendented in all history, a jingo with a bullet-hole in him."

First you get good, then you get fast, then you get good and fast.

If you KO a man with Kung Fu, do you keep pounding him? Once he's out, the threat is gone and the fight is over. Same result

Reply]
    Probably, unless he raped my sister, but that still does not make MMA Brutal.

For the Women:

+ = & a

xebby is no more, his creator dwells elsewhere
    hey, what if someone KOs you then piss on your face or fock you without condom
    "If you're havin girl problems i feel bad for you son
    I got 99 problems but a bitch ain't one"

"If you can't respect that your whole perspective is wack
    Maybe you'll love me when i fade to black"

http://www.hotornot.com/r/?eid=OQSURMO&key=FMA