Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Religious discussion thread

That site meecer pointed out is hillarious. I'm suprised he gave it as a link to credible evidence for the existance of god.
    I will crush my enemies, see them driven before me, then hit their wimminz with a Tony Danza. - Vash

Exactly. That site on its own undermines any credibility he might have had.
    "i can barely click the link. but i way why stop drinking .... i got ... moe .. fcke me ..im out of it" - GDA on Traditional vs Modern Wushu
    ---------------------------------------------
    but what if the man of steel hasta fight another man of steel only that man of steel knows kung fu? - Kristoffer
    How do you think monks/strippers got started before the internet? - Gene Ching
    Find your peace in practice. - Gene Ching

I wish he would reply to this. That would really get this thread goin.
    I will crush my enemies, see them driven before me, then hit their wimminz with a Tony Danza. - Vash

He doesn't have the gonads to actually enter into a conversation about it - he made that perfectly clear in the last thread. He thinks we should read all there is to read about the subject first, then he might be prepared to discuss it privately.

Not to confident in his convictions is he. Even though, according to him, his argument will beat anything we might have to say.
    "i can barely click the link. but i way why stop drinking .... i got ... moe .. fcke me ..im out of it" - GDA on Traditional vs Modern Wushu
    but what if the man of steel hasta fight another man of steel only that man of steel knows kung fu? - Kristoffer
    How do you think monks/strippers got started before the internet? - Gene Ching
    Find your peace in practice. - Gene Ching

what hell is scientology anyway, I just saw a commercial about L. Ron Hubbard, anyone have any ideas, just wondering.....
    Blessed are the flexible, for they shall never break under the pressure!

Originally posted by Evad
    what hell is scientology anyway, I just saw a commercial about L. Ron Hubbard, anyone have any ideas, just wondering.....
    You kidding? Major cult that targets rich and famous people to garner power. Heaps of Hollywood celebs are in it. Heavily into brain washing type stuff.
    cxxx[]:::::::::::>
    Behold, I see my father and mother.
    I see all my dead relatives seated.
    I see my master seated in Paradise and Paradise is beautiful and green; with him are men and boy servants.
    He calls me. Take me to him.

Oh I've heard of it, heard about it, seen the documentary specials, etc. But I never really paid any attention to it, I was just wondering if anyone had any real experience with it, with all the celeb news we've been blanketed with lately about world events etc. And I know that they're all in that scientology stuff, I was just seeking perspective.

Empty cup thing I guess, if I assume to know nothing then I should be open to the most information, then I'll be able to form an opinion for myself.
    Blessed are the flexible, for they shall never break under the pressure!

Originally posted by Serpent
    He doesn't have the gonads to actually enter into a conversation about it -
    Ahem .. this from the person that is afraid to list his martial art because he doesn't want to be questioned about it. If I proved anything on this forum it is that I have a pair. I have put myself out plainly for your criticisms, I have hid nothing. I have told you I study SD; I have told you that I am a creationist. The reason I preferred taking the topic to PMs was to keep the boards on the topic of Kung Fu. Don't be telling me to grow some balls when you have none yourself. I'm going to bed, g'night.
    themeecer actually shares a lot of the passion that Bruce Lee had about adopting techniques into your own way of 'expressing yourself.'
    -shaolinarab
    (Nicest thing ever said about me on these boards.)

Meecer, whatever you do, don't engage people in an intellectual debate! They're only trying to convert you to satanism!

And seriously, rethink your sig. It's false.
    Last edited by shaolin kungfu; 07-08-2003 at 12:44 AM.

Thumbs up

great religious discussion so far, ill just get back to drinking my tea

dawood
    Peace is not the product of terror or fear.
    Peace is not the silence of cemeteries.
    Peace is not the silent result of violent repression.
    Peace is the generous, tranquil contribution of all to the good of all.
    Peace is dynamism. Peace is generosity.
    It is right and it is duty.

Are'nt trolls part of some religion..?

George Bush hates Mohammed.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

To Serp: the chum award for outstanding lack of subtlety in trolling.

click me

For anyone interested in a critique of scientology, I'd suggest "Operation Clambake" at the net-address:
    http://www.xenu.com/

Scientology makes you pay to take classes that helps you "evolve"...and the higher level the classes, the more expensive. The highest levels indicate that every soul on Earth was at one time part of a different galactic empire, where there was this galactic overlord who killed/tortured us as a "racial purging" kind of thing. To achieve true happiness, our souls have to find a way to deal with this trauma...and that's what the most advanced scientology classes deal with, I've heard. The lower level classes seem to be all about self-affirmation, which would probably be the "level" of the typical member.
    I THINK I got all that right.

Not surprisingly to me, scientology's founder was a sci-fi writer.
    Keep it simple, stupid.

shaolin kungfu, why would you say the meecers sig is false?