Thread: Dit Da Jow Recipes?/Preparation

Dit Da Jow Recipes?/Preparation

Hi, i was just wondering if any of you guys know of any good and easy to access formula's? I have found John Cresciones Dit Da Jow recipes and i have made the "American Style" recipe, anyway its been in there for over a month now...just wondering if anyone knows how much Wintergreen Oil - i have around 10ml (Essential oil) that i should place into the recipe? Also i was thinking of adding some Peppermint Oil (~25ml) and around 50g of Camphor into the recipe. Does anyone have any thoughts about this?

personaly I would suggest leaving the oil out & applying it seperately as/if required.
    How many identities does a Troll need?
    Didn't think I knew did you??
    I know a lot of things.
    You won't like me in person either.
    Confused?? Don't be.
    LOL!

You should look at the amount of heat symptoms that the injury is associated with. The more heat is present, the higher the quantity you want to add with peppermint oil, but in general, not too much. Whatever recipe you use, you want to make sure you have San Qi (Radix Notoginseng) in it as it is a primary blood invigorator, and will be a crucial herb in moving both the stagnated Qi and blood that is associated with all trauma conditions.

Here is a link to a response I posted regarding dit da jow not too long ago:

http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/foru...threadid=22201

Good luck.
    The more you know, the more you find you don't know...

Thanks for your responses guys, My jow should be ready in a week or so now before i add the oils. Anyway i have bought an 56g block of Camphor from the Pharmacy, how much Camphor should i place in the jow? Some recipes recommend 50g in a 700mL batch, while others reckon about 15grams or so.

ttt
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

we had a brief thread here with a different recipe that I posted.

see:
    http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/foru...threadid=29275

Personally, I prefer a bit of cinnamon oil or borneol added to the jow, rather than wintergreen oil. Besides making the jow smelly, I find the wintergreen oil leaves my skin a bit sensitized.

The warming/cooling properties of jow are interesting as some wish to dispell cold and damp (like to dispell arthritis and rheumatism), where wintergreen oil would probably be counterindicated, while others wish to cool the heat produced by a contusion. I use different jows for different purposes. For example, my Sifu's iron palm jow is overall warming, while Zheng Gu Shui, a bonesetter's linament, is more cooling and suitable for when I get the dull ache of a kicked shin.

As for the camphor, I recommend starting with a smaller dose and increasing it gradually if you don't feel the desired effects. Long term exposure to concentrated camphor can cause problems.

Good luck and let us know how it turns out.

peace

herb ox