Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: Again

Hi Scott
    Life is cool at the mo
    I am still around, this thread will not die.
    How's it going

Regards
    Peter

Pretty Peachy, how about you?
    Bless you

o.k.
    it's the weekend
    time to chill
    have a goodone
    Peter

Peter

hellow.
    Bless you

Hi Bod,
    How are you? did you have a good birthday last week? it was mine on the 23rd only 25 years difference
    Next Wednesday the 10th of March is National No Smoking day in Britain and I'm now approaching 10 months
    Keep it up
    Best Regards
    Peter

Happy B- day
    another peicies, thats why we get along so well!
    Bless you

Just to bring this thread back, on Monday the 17th of this month it will be a year since I last smoked
    hope everyone is doing well
    Regards
    Peter

"How I Quit Smoking Cigarettes"
    By CaptinPickAxe

I smoked for two years (on and off) and when I decided it was time to kick the habit these were the ways I helped deal with the stress.

1. Smoked Weed:
    I know, I know "Its just as bad for you". Yes, but not when you smoke a bowl a day as opposed to a pack a day. I found it made me less irratable and help me forget the cravings.

2. Willpower:
    I live with two smokers who religiously smoke. It wasn't the least bit hard for me to steer clear of the smokes when I had the thought, "I'm gonna quit" ingrained in my brain. Thier smoke didn't make me crave or irritable.

3. Being Active:
    Once I saw the effect cigarettes had played on my lungs, I never wanted to smoke again. I felt like an asthmatic who just ran a marathon...and I was pizzed. Activities also help you keep your mind off of smoking. When you busy hiking or sparring you tend to think less about "Damm, I wish I had a stog."

4. Sex:
    Nothing will calm you down more than sex. One session of sex amounts to 3 days of happiness and will help you not be irratable. Just remember not to light up during the post-sex coitial period

These were my tools to kicking the habit. I hope they've helped you along your path to a healthier, smoke free life.
    Last edited by CaptinPickAxe; 05-18-2004 at 03:30 PM.
    CPA's current P4P List:
    -Bas Rutten
    -Captain Jack Sparrow
    -Cindy Lauper
    -Lester Moonvest

PETER WELL FREAKING DONE!!!!!!!

CPA thanks for your imput.

yeah! this thread is bigger than Jesus.
    Bless you

a side note

Greetings brothers of willpower!

I just thought I'd add my 2 cents to the fray regarding the social aspects of smoking as an oft overlooked mechanism of relapse. Basically, one thing I've noticed at work is the smokers always take more breaks than the non-smiz types. So, some (myself included at one time) begin smoking to "hang out" and take more breaks from the drudgery of work. Furthermore, smoking is an activity which allows one to be completely submerged in, ignoring his/her surroundings and social discomfort of being in a strange place, instead of standing around with nothing to do. When I visited Seoul a few years back, I smoked quite a bit. I would estimate 90% of the men smoke there, and there were times when I was just standing around waiting for my friend and only Korean translator I knew. I was pretty hairy at the time, beard, dreads to the small of my back, etc. I drew many stares and it made me uncomfortable at times. When I smoked one of those generic Korean cigs, I could lean up against a lightpole or building and be completely submerged in my activity. I felt as if I vanished from the scene for just a moment - just long enough to regain my sanity. Oh well...

As for the wisdom weed of Solomon, it can certainly help with many ails but can become a persistent habit as well. One bowl is fine to take the 'edge' off, but when you start smoking entire joints to your head throughout the day, it becomes just another smoking habit. Caution. Be moderate....

Then again, I'm not one to criticize!

the herb ox

Peter
    I just recently had a year also, best shape of my life right now.
    Bless you

august 2nd i'm going to quit for my daughters birthday.

i'm forcing myself to wait 2 hours between cigerettes now, and will lengthen that time over the next two weeks, to make it a little easier.

i'm going to miss them.
    where's my beer?

Originally posted by bodhitree
    I wish this forum would inspire someone to quit, then it would make all this posting worth it (its fun anyway) well peace and love!
    wish granted. im your jeanie in a bottle. now rub me the right way bitch.
    where's my beer?