Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Again

Bodhitree
    I had my last ciggarette on May 18th, the doctor prescribed zyban which I'm still taking one a day, the group was good we swapped phone numbers and were able to ring up in times of stress.
    The support group lasted for six weeks then we were left on our own we are planning to meet up soon to see haw everyone got on.
    Out of 10 people starting, by the end of 6 weeks 6 were still not smoking
    Regards
    Peter

PQS
    congratulations, I have a friend Zyban worked for, I personally don't want to take anything that changes brain chemistry. Hey you can use this as your support group, tell your friends
    Chen
    You can go off topic as much as you want Buddy
    Bless you

*whew*, I feel relieved..

as long as I don't offend the poor people who're trying to quit the f@gs, it should be fine.

No offence taken, you know once you start f@gs its hard to quit cause you love f@gs so much. 6th day w/out cigarette!
    Bless you

5. Thumbs up

"personally don't want to take anything that changes brain chemistry. "

Whay.Then you better stop smoking soon or you´ll be in for a (possible) life-long ride in neural terms.
    The sunset´s setting down.Lay me on the forest floor.

I do not necessarily stand behind all of the statements I have made in the past, in this forum. Some of the statements may have appeared to support a biased view of reality, and may have been offensive. If you are a moral person and were hurt by comments that I made, you can PM me about it and I will apologize if I find your cause reasonable.
    -FC, summer of 2006-

Former
    Whay.Then you better stop smoking soon or you´ll be in for a (possible) life-long ride neural terms

I know smoking is not good for the nervous system, but antidepressents change brain chemistry, and I dont think it changes for the better.
    Its 7 days, hoorah!!!
    Bless you

7. Thumbs up

"I know smoking is not good for the nervous system, but antidepressents change brain chemistry, and I dont think it changes for the better.
    Its 7 days, hoorah!!!"

I´m not sure what you mean.
    Sure antidepressants will alter you...who talked about antidepressants? Better or not,that can hardly be said,for their favour I could say that in some cases they have actually managed to stimulate growth of the matter (brain)
    The whole smoking thing is about neurochemistry,and should there be permanent,physical changes,they would far outweigh those...ugh...psychiatric drugs you mentioned,I´d think.I´m willing to bet that smoking of yours has altered the neurochemical concentrationS of yours.Talking about such,never forget about memory problems,cognitive decline and greatly increased stroke risk.
    Gongratulations,now keep it up.
    The sunset´s setting down.Lay me on the forest floor.

I do not necessarily stand behind all of the statements I have made in the past, in this forum. Some of the statements may have appeared to support a biased view of reality, and may have been offensive. If you are a moral person and were hurt by comments that I made, you can PM me about it and I will apologize if I find your cause reasonable.
    -FC, summer of 2006-

The whole smoking thing is about neurochemistry,and should there be permanent,physical changes,they would far outweigh those...ugh...psychiatric drugs you mentioned,I´d think.I´m willing to bet that smoking of yours has altered the neurochemical concentrationS of yours.Talking about such,never forget about memory problems,cognitive decline and greatly increased stroke risk.
    Former

I agree. Just the fact that the brain has some of its oxygen supply cut off is bad. I still wouldn't use something like welbutrin, Zyban, and some of the other Antidepressents that they use for smoking, But thats just me.
    Bless you

reasons not to smoke again.

Your life becomes 7 minutes longer each time you resist the urge to smoke again.
    Your lover will kiss you more often.
    No more burn holes in your clothes.
    You'll have more money.
    Your chest won ’t hurt.
    You won't wake up and cough up a bunch of mung.
    Your clothes won't stink.
    Neither will your car.
    Fewer headaches.
    Less general fatigue.
    You won’t have to listen to people complaining about your smoking.
    You're far (up to 50%) less likely to get heart disease or lung cancer.
    People will stop bumming smokes off you.
    You won't really care if you lose another lighter.
    Your fingers will return to thier natural color.
    So will your teeth.
    You will no longer be negatively affecting the health of your children & loved ones.
    Your sense of smell and taste will get much better.
    You could make a few bucks selling your ashtrays at a yard sale.
    Your breath won't offend your dog.
    Your skin will look and feel better.
    You won't get as many wrinkles.
    You'll get colds/flu less often.
    If you do get sick, you'll get better faster.
    Your training stamina will increase dramatically.

congratulations!

Ming Yue
    Thanks, and all of it is the truth. I'm gonna print that list up. My personal top reason for quitting is training! Did you ever smoke? Just curious.
    Bless you

Yep!

I did. From the time I was 14 until I was 28. Marlboro Reds. I liked it, too. Especially with coffee....

I quit cold turkey. Besides Kung Fu training, it's the best decision I've ever made.

-C

over 2 mnths without a ciggarette and now 2 days without zyban
    after 25 years any one else can give up
    please excused I'm ****ed
    Peter

Fantastic! Congratulations! After thirty five years of smoking there could be hope for me yet.

sorry last post didn't make much sense
    you can give up if you want to, but YOU must want to not because you are being nagged, I started when I was about 18 or so and I'm 47 now and I'm NEVER going to smoke again
    Regards
    Peter

Talking

12 days guys.
    Ming Yue, I liked my cigarettes with coffee to, and I had my first cup of coffee scince I quit yesterday. I wasnt even tempted or anything. How did that go with you!
    PQS
    I'm NEVER going to smoke again
    I hope you don't, and I hope I dont either

Tony M there is hope for you, use us as a support group to quit
    you can do it!
    Bless you