Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Bush shoulda known!

Originally posted by chen zhen

I'll take that statement back, since it's unlikely that it would ever happen. The way your homeland security is organised, it is based on Terrorist attacks, and not a war with a foreign invading country. Because you have never thought of the possibility that it would ever happen. Which it would'nt.
    Well, it looks that way now anyway. But everything changes. Rome fell, why not the USA?
    All my fight strategy is based on deliberately injuring my opponents. -
    Crippled Avenger

"It is the same in all wars; the soldiers do the fighting, the journalists do the shouting, and no true patriot ever get near a front-line trench, except on the briefest of propoganda visits...Perhaps when the next great war comes we may see that sight unprecendented in all history, a jingo with a bullet-hole in him."

First you get good, then you get fast, then you get good and fast.

Nothing is permanent, and one day, maybe even Denmark will be a Superpower. Until then, keep making those wooden shoes, or whatever it is you do.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

I think it's those gnome books.
    Crippled Avenger

"It is the same in all wars; the soldiers do the fighting, the journalists do the shouting, and no true patriot ever get near a front-line trench, except on the briefest of propoganda visits...Perhaps when the next great war comes we may see that sight unprecendented in all history, a jingo with a bullet-hole in him."

what good have you really done in the last 50 years?
    Um, are you serious dude?
    practice wu de

Actually I bored everyone to death. Even Buddhist and Taoist monks fell asleep.....SPJ

Forums are no fun if I can't mess with your head. Or your colon...
    uh-oh, I hope no one quotes me on that....Gene Ching

I'm not Normal.... RD on his crying my b!tch left me thread

Go ask a South Korean sometime what they think of America. Or anyone else below the 38th parallel that isn't under communist control, for that matter.
    Read this

France got us into that one. And wouldn't go so far as to say "beaten silly." It's not like we were invaded twice in 40 years, or anything.
    read this

The french where already out of Vietnam 8 years before US involvement.

Ask a Kuwaiti sometime what they think of our involvement in the Guld War. I talk to one every week through my job. He named his daughter America.
    read this
    The Kuwaitis hate America as much as any Arab would say he does.

Until then, keep making those wooden shoes, or whatever it is you do.
    Yeah. REAAL good argument. Use some wise-ass prejudist joke, or use the old "U would be eating Kraut"-cliche. Can't u come up with something better?
    And no, we're not eating kraut or drinking vodka (metaphorically, of course we do)
    , but we're eating cheeseburgers from McDonalds, drinking coke, and watching nothing but american B-movies, it's just the other way around, see?
    And u can't use that argument to a chech, or a pole. Why were'nt these countries saved? because you where allies with the sovjet, and a deal was made. The survival of the world depended on either superpower, so we "small" countries had to bow down to a lesser evil. Did we have a choice? It was not about being anti-american or not, it was all about trying to survive from a nuclear holocaust.
    Last edited by chen zhen; 07-10-2003 at 02:07 PM.

Chen Zhen.

Forget it, they don't share the same experience as we do:

1.) The never had one of their cities firebombed.
    2.) None of their Citiies were ever so fully destroyed that not a single glass-pane remained intact.
    3.) They never suffered 5~10yrs under occuption forces.
    4.) They never had travel restrictions and similar imposed by occupation forces.
    5.) They never were "invaded" and occupied by enemy troops.
    6.) Besides a few minor wars they never had to defend their homes from invaders.
    7.) They never were annexed and had a goverment imposed on them and were prosecuted for supporting the old one.
    8.) They never saw their neighbours, families and friends taken to camps and death for sundry reasons.
    9.) They never had to rebuild their country from rubble & destruction.

Cheers.

P.S.: I am NOT getting involved in this discussion.

LC, uh, u not american? I don't know if you're being ironic, or what..
    But thanks anyway.

A couple of interesting articles about WW2:

http://www.geocities.com/CapitolHill...op_w_nazi.html
    http://www.geocities.com/CapitolHill...onsortium.html

"..home of the brave, and the free..."

Chen Zhen.

I am middle european.

You wusses don't want to mess with a real american like me? You think you've had it tough? This is the drivers licence photo I received today! Try not to wet yourself in fear.
    Crippled Avenger

German? Austrian? Danke Schön for your help

Another point: European countries have made up, and are friends. We have realised that war is not the solution, after our continent was nearly fully destroyed. That is not the American way of thought, because the US knows that if they fail in a war, they can pack up their gear and leave, home to your cosy homes, while European countries knows the consequences of war, because our potential enemy would be right across the border, not on the other side of the globe.

lol, that is one catastrophic photograph!

now, please read this:http://www.geocities.com/CapitolHill...PeoplesHx.html

It should make Sun Tzu feel better about his snapshot skillz, anyway. I mean, I know I'm no matinee idol, but - D@MN! I was smiling and everything, too. Or I thought I was.
    Crippled Avenger

CZ... keep believing the hype... It makes for entertainment.

Rogue US...lol..
    practice wu de

Actually I bored everyone to death. Even Buddhist and Taoist monks fell asleep.....SPJ

Forums are no fun if I can't mess with your head. Or your colon...
    uh-oh, I hope no one quotes me on that....Gene Ching

I'm not Normal.... RD on his crying my b!tch left me thread