Experienced how training comes in usefull all the time last night.

Was coming back from dinner with my new girl last night and some dope infront of me slows down and starts to turn left, I bare right a bit and contiue on my way. OUr of nowhere the guy decides to cut back right but I saw him but knew by his actions he didn't see me. Here's where training comes in:

1) was aware of his actions in relation to mine.

2) cut the wheel to absorb his entry into my space a smuch as possible.

3) left hand on wheel absorbed my body movement in Peach Palm type fashion.

4) right hand absorbed girlfriend's body movement in a similiar, try to collapse me and I'll move a bit and spring back fashion.

5) stayed calm in the face of all this, and actually saw it all in the throw-down slow motion associated with combat.

Immediately I thought of that article someone posted here about knife fighting, and studies about tunnel vission. I was in a tunnel vision state (heard less but focused visually) but the tunnel was broad, I wa spretty aware of everything.

Well, all that's left not if the insurance fight. I'm being pegged at passing on the right (true) because he can't "remember, it happened so fast" about turning left first. The kicker: poor man's $2,000 deductable. Good thing I don't rely on my car to get girls.

But I feel training helped this situation. I always train when stepping off curbs (hang time) and opening doors and what not and feel disapointed in times like when my teacher was able to lift my pocket knife from me without knowing. I felt kind of stupid when he handed it to me with the look of, "What type of martial artist are you that you lose your weapon."

One with lots more to learn....

Peace all
Ray