Thread: Ping Jiang Kuen

Ping Jiang Kuen

Does anyone else have this form in their system? (I practice CLF) Just curious, as I haven't heard much about this form in any other systems. Thanks in advance

Sam Tripp

Exclusively CLF to the best of my knowledge

Ping Jiang or Level Elbow is one of those rare CLF forms that I believe only a hand full of old generation CLF sifu knows. To the best of my knowledge it is included in only the Chan Koon Pak / Chan Yiu Chi lineage.

Don't believe this form, other then possibly in a same name sake, is included in any other system.

Hope this helps.

Blog Entries
    We have it. We're hung sing but have some Chan Family influence. I've seen the Chan Family version and it is very similar to ours.

It's a standard form in the Chan Family curriculum too. It's not so rare generally.
    "i can barely click the link. but i way why stop drinking .... i got ... moe .. fcke me ..im out of it" - GDA on Traditional vs Modern Wushu
    ---------------------------------------------
    but what if the man of steel hasta fight another man of steel only that man of steel knows kung fu? - Kristoffer
    How do you think monks/strippers got started before the internet? - Gene Ching
    Find your peace in practice. - Gene Ching

This is one of the primary level CLF sets. It is a good solid form. I also think that this form is from the Chan Family side and not from the Hung Sing side.

Peace.

We have ping kuen in our lineage also although it’s one of the highest hand forms in some CLF lineages, I believe its the highest of the primary level forms on the Chan family schools.
    "Ira furor brevis est !"
    ====================;;;;<>
    I didn't want fries with that or even soda doesn't any one in this dam country ever listen.

Alec, Peng Jong (level elbow) and Peng Kuen (level fist) are seperate forms in Lee Hin CLF. I assumed we were talking about the former (which is a higher foundation form).
    "The man who stands for nothing is likely to fall for anything"
    www.swindonkungfu.co.uk

Blog Entries
    Ping Kyun and Ping Jaang are different forms.

Ben thanx for reminding me I’m getting old you know I WAS 42 Last Birthday.
    As Ben and Fu-Pow have so rightly reminded me ping jan & ping kuen, ARE I say ARE two different forms.
    However don’t mix your every day run of the mill ping jan with your gum pow ping jan form.
    And yes we have ping jan in our lineage as well, sorry for my mix up sorry for the confusion. I'm getting old you know.
    Last edited by alecM; 07-21-2003 at 01:19 PM.
    "Ira furor brevis est !"
    I didn't want fries with that or even soda doesn't any one in this dam country ever listen.

alecM:

Are you from the Chan Hon Hung - Fong Yuk Shu lineage? The reason I ask is that I know they refer to Ping Chang Kuen as Gum Pow Ping Chang Kuen. I have a copy of Chan Kin Man's book and it has some similarities to the version I know but is also quite different.

Peace.

I have the same book and the form in the book apparently it's not the same form as ping jan. My sifu say they are two different forms that are in our lineage. In our schools curriculum ping jan is a lower form than ping kuen and gum pow jing jan I believe is higher than ping kuen.
    I will be meeting my sifu this Wednesday I can ask him more about he differences if you want.
    "Ira furor brevis est !"

-

My sifu is Ng Fu Hang, he teaches this form at the early intermediate level, he learned from Chan Yiu Chi. He said this is the order that he taught it. We have Ping Kuen as well but that is a much more advanced form (I heard it is a long form too, maybe I'm mistaken...). Thanks for the feed back, I've been having a pretty crazy time and haven't gotten to check this forum for a while.

Do Je

Sam Tripp
    Last edited by Diu Sao; 07-22-2003 at 08:54 AM.