Thread: Is horse riding a good workout?!?!

Is horse riding a good workout?!?!

Rode a horse to a small village the other day about 2 hours away by horse.....when i got off i didnt feel that tired but afterwards i noticed my back muscles, thighs and shoulders were aching.....

Is the bouncing good then?
    Visit the Site -
    www.buddha-fist.com

I hear its good for the ladys
    LOL.. really, what else did you hear?.. did you hear that he was voted Man of the Year by Kung-Fu Magizine?

if your muscles are sore or if you sweat (not including sitting on your ass in the sun on a san antonio summer afternoon), then it's a workout. maybe not cardio, but something got worked. you pushed muscles you probably don't frequently push, and i'm guessing that you're an inexperienced rider and didn't know how to flow very well with the horse's movements. thus, you may have been tense in certain areas trying to compensate for the movement where a veteran rider would respond differently.
    " i wonder how many people take their post bone marrow transplant antibiotics with amberbock" -- GDA

and i'm guessing that you're an inexperienced rider and didn't know how to flow very well with the horse's movements.
    D@mn right.

But it was easier when the horse was galloping, and also when it was just walking, its that stage in between the walking and galloping that i found quite awkward after about 1/2 and hour, when all your doing is bouncing up and down, not really covering alot of distance, and trying to stay in control.....

I really loveds it though, i think ill try it again when i get back to london.

thanks for the info

-thgreg
    Visit the Site -
    www.buddha-fist.com

If you hold on properly with your legs, you have to isometrically contract the muscles in your thighs. This is really good for flexibility apparrently.

I always found horse riding very good exercise - not only for the muscle workout and general posture work but also in regards to sensitivity with the horse.

The worst thing is when you mistime your bounce on rising trot
    www.systemauk.com
    "Remember it's not a move, it's just a movement" Vasiliev