Thread: good shoulders?

good shoulders?

I received an injury to my left shoulder 4 yrs ago and have steadily since made my left shoulder a formidable foe. I still howver, have been loking for stretches and excersise to further my lefts and rights strength without weights. any ideas? I already have for stretches, R.A( Right fully extended) across chest and left fist 'bracing r.f (Right fist)..and vice versa, and push ups aso help ant others?

Hindu pushups, also pick up a Yoga book, especially one by an Indian author and that shows the poses. I recommend "The Complete Illustrated Guide to Yoga" by Swami Vishnu-Devenanda
    Last edited by fa_jing; 07-17-2003 at 11:34 AM.

Good advice fajing. Hopefully the Indian pushups are being done right,.

Iyengar's yoga (Light on Yoga) is good too. It specifies specific asanas for specific problems.

Any particular reason you want to avoid weights?

weights

If I used weights I would have to use weights for the whole body and I do not have access to all teh weights I would want, at least not till September. 'sides I want to build my own bodies strength to limits again.
    Hindu pushups eh....cool I will look em up!

Do handstands. A lot. I mean: stay there for a five or ten minutes. And if that's too easy (or when it gets too easy) do push-ups, try to walk or make small jumps or try some or all of these single-handedly.

It also will develop your coordination and balance. Not a bad thing, right?