Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Captain Dr John Painter PhD, ND, etc, etc

Captain Dr John Painter PhD, ND, etc, etc

Has anyone been to his website recently? Most of his claims are so outlandish and ridiculous that they are laughable and are written by someone who is mentally unbalanced. Take for example his account “Flight from China” of his teacher and his teacher’s teacher and their families to Taiwan to escape communism. This is just pure fiction and it never happened and it is just a figment of the imagination of Painter’s queer mind. What’s his point of putting up a Mauser pistol in his website for all the world to see? This man has told so many lies over the last thirty years or so that he believes them himself.

could you post a link to his site?
    I will crush my enemies, see them driven before me, then hit their wimminz with a Tony Danza. - Vash

Lots of people fled communisum. It's probably true, why wouldn't it be?

As for the Gun, I've seen it in the Magazines in the past. I think it's pretty cool he's got a collector's peice like that, why not show it off?
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a

Take for example his account “Flight from China” of his teacher and his teacher’s teacher and their families to Taiwan to escape communism. This is just pure fiction and it never happened and it is just a figment of the imagination of Painter’s queer mind. What’s his point of putting up a Mauser pistol in his website for all the world to see?
    Like others have said, you need to put a link to his website. These two arguments, as written, are not the least bit incriminating. There's nothing unusual about fleeing to Taiwan to escape communism. How do you think a lot of Taiwanese got there in the first place? There's a reason they have a different form of government than the mainland And the gun thing just proves that he has a fancy gun he likes to show off

Whats so wrong about them escaping Communism? Back during the cultural revolution in China, martial arts masters were being murdered by the government. The late Great Grandmaster Yip Man of the Wing Chun style of Kung Fu fled his home in China to Hong Kong.

Ok guys, last night I was going to make a post on Dr Painter, but someone beat me to it and I don't feel like posting two Dr Painter topics here.

Before everyone starts screaming "LINEAGE!" to me, I don't give a rat's ass about lineage here. I practice Wing Chun, I hear lineage wars all the time from other Wing Chun people. So if you have anything to say about Dr Painter about his lineage, don't bother answering my question, ok? Do NOT answer, I repeat, do NOT answer.

Who here has actually MET Dr Painter, and/or his students? Who hear has touched hands with Dr Painter and/or his students? What is your opinion? Is his stuff good, bad, questionable, etc? Can he teach at all, do all his students suck, can he not fight worth crap? What is your opinion of him?

I've heard nothing but negative crap about him because everyone talks trash about his lineage and as I said, I'm not wanting to discuss lineage. I just want to know if he is good or not.

Edit: Stupid spelling, guess I shouldn't type after 5 hours of sleep and at 9 am.
    Last edited by PHILBERT; 07-16-2003 at 06:47 PM.
    I have a signature.

He is a KFM member. I'm surprised he hasn't answered.

http://www.jiulongbaguazhang.com/drp.htm
    This is what I found...
    practice wu de

Actually I bored everyone to death. Even Buddhist and Taoist monks fell asleep.....SPJ

Forums are no fun if I can't mess with your head. Or your colon...
    uh-oh, I hope no one quotes me on that....Gene Ching

I'm not Normal.... RD on his crying my b!tch left me thread

Flying tiger has obviously never met Dr. Painter

Flying Tiger,

I have met Dr. Painter on a few occasions and have actually tried to "tag" him when I asked about how to use a certain concept in his bagua. He easily controlled me and lead me to floor and another time showed me how to break people's arms with another concept.

Fine that you do not agree with how he represents himself. But to attack him and call him both a liar and having a queer mind shows all of us on KFO that you are nothing but a TROLL who likes to hide behind a name and post.

Why dont you talk to him directly??

Http://www.jiulongbaguazhang.com or you can access the Jiulong Bagua group on Yahoo Groups at
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/JiulongBaguazhang

Many styles have oral histories which sound outlandish to some. Escaping Communism was no laughing matter to people. And many anti-communists did not make it out. Try and read up on that before you go saying it's bunk.

In Boston,

Dale Dugas

You sir are trolling. You cross post on KFO, bash a teacher that you have never met, and started beating a dead horse.

As for SifuAbel, while Painter is a member, he doesn't post here. His last post was probably a year or something ago.

On a side note, anyone reading this go to the Taiji forum and reply to the topic there on Painter (or click above where I linked it) and answer my actual, nontrolling question. The guy actually lives 1 mile from me.
    I have a signature.

Hey Philbert

Do yourself a favor and go meet him for yourself. Painters bagua is good. I'm quite sure he doesn't need to defend himself here against anyone. I'm sure he's board with internet warrior attacks. I'm also sure if you meet him face to face, he will let you attack him and find out what his bagua is like. I wouldn't have bothered with this thread, but you are 1 mile from this guy. How many bagua teachers or any kung fu teachers live in a one mile radius. Hell I drive 75 miles for good bagua.
    Count

Live it or live with it.

KABOOOM

I have the best idea! I am going to log onto a Kung Fu Forum and, with under 10 posts, act like my sole reason for coming on here was NOT to talk SMACK and attempt to DEFAME another person that has worked hard for a long time on a skill! In fact, I will probably do this instead of practicing! Oops, looks like "Flying Tiger" beat me to the punch! Back to the drawing board.
    -Golden Arms-

Anybody who claims he can hurt you with empty force is the only answer you need on the question.

No matter how hard you try you can not polish a turd into a diamond.
    Regards

count, Im happy where I am. I am merely trying to get my best friend who loved Bagua and Baji and Pi Gua (is that spelled right?) styles of Kung Fu to try and learn from him. My friend knows that he lives near me and all that, but I can't get him over there yet.
    I have a signature.

Philbert,
    sounds like your friend need my teacher LOL. But come on, "One Mile" I could sprint there and back after working out.

BlackJack, I have never heard John Painter say anything about empty force or moving people without touching them. That would be laughable. But don't believe everything you see on the web. Even if it were on his website, he has someone elso do that for him. Tell me where you saw that (link) and I will give him a call. I'm quite sure that won't be there long. LOL Painter is pretty practical with his stuff. That's why police agencies hire him to teach all the time. But hey, he's not even my teacher so I'm not going to defend him, but he is a friend and I'm sure he would take my advice about silly claims of moving people without touching them on his website.
    Count

Live it or live with it.

KABOOOM

Philbert..just wanted to say its good to hear someone asking a MA question that actually matters, Ie: skill instead of lineage
    -Golden Arms-