Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Captain Dr John Painter PhD, ND, etc, etc

Your right. I don't know or give a flying leap about chi kung. I am however able to tell the difference between the real world around me and those who sail under false colors of the martial fantasy camp.

One thing that should be noted that I find really weird. Posters are talking about and focused on Painters lineage and not about the fact that he says he can stop criminals from butchering him with his telepathic brain f@arts.

Hello......hello.......anybody home????????
    Regards

Does SD teach telepathic brain f@arts??

Is Painter related to Walker Texas Ranger?

Originally posted by Kymus

Or a good ****...
    Ok, why in baby jesus's name, they censor f a r t?!?@$
    Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    like that old japanese zen monk that grabs white woman student titties to awaken them to zen, i grab titties of kung fu people to awaken them to truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sal Canzonieri View Post
    You can discuss discrepancies and so on in people's posts without ripping them apart. So easy to do sitting behind a computer screen anonymously, but in person I'm sure you'd be very different, unless you're a total misanthrope without any friends.

Originally posted by Black Jack
    Your right. I don't know or give a flying leap about chi kung. I am however able to tell the difference between the real world around me and those who sail under false colors of the martial fantasy camp.

One thing that should be noted that I find really weird. Posters are talking about and focused on Painters lineage and not about the fact that he says he can stop criminals from butchering him with his telepathic brain f@arts.

Hello......hello.......anybody home????????
    if you understood chi, then you would understand, but since you decide to close yourself off, you'll never comprihend it.
    like that old japanese zen monk that grabs white woman student titties to awaken them to zen, i grab titties of kung fu people to awaken them to truth.
    You can discuss discrepancies and so on in people's posts without ripping them apart. So easy to do sitting behind a computer screen anonymously, but in person I'm sure you'd be very different, unless you're a total misanthrope without any friends.

Count and Willow Sword:

Will you guys be at the Ba Gua tournament in September?

Originally posted by jon
    Just as an opinion from another Bagua practioner (albiet lower level) I honestly think the walking is good.
    Its nothing particualy spectacular or special but its also quite well executed and he obviously has good control over his body.
    Sure he doesnt step the same way exactly that we do in my linage but thats also to be expected. Most Bagua linages seem to have a slightly different interpretation depending on what there trying to achieve at the time with the 'walk'.
    To my knowledge the heel toe stepping is a perfectly legit stepping method, its not one i employ but ive certainly seen it before. I could be mistaken but i believe Li Zi Ming used this step reguarly and i would have a hard time listening to anyone claim his stuff was not legit.
    At the Ba Gua/Tai Chi farm, I've heard from a friend of mine that you learn to constantly 'step' where ever you go cause Dr. Painter may come up and try to nudge you off balance. So because of this, he does pheonix stepping wherever he goes, all the time.
    Ba Gua stepping IS real good. It gives you a lot of mobility. I read a story about how a waiter was chosen to take food to the emperor through a big crowd and his ba gua stepping allowed him to move in and out without dropping anything

Kymus,

You know what they say don't you. There is a sucker born every minute. I guess you were the fall guy for one of those minutes.
    Regards

evolutionfist

EvolutionFist :Will you guys be at the Ba Gua tournament in September?
    Well i dont do tournaments,,but if i did i wouldnt be able to go anyway. i am travelling to europe in September. i am going to look at some schools where i am going.

TWS
    It makes me mad when people say I turned and ran like a scared rabbit. Maybe it was like an angry rabbit, who was going to fight in another fight, away from the first fight.

Cool. Enjoy Europe. I just went this past winter for the first time: Sweden, Paris and Germana. It was great. The beer and girls are to die for!

I was asking because I tend to side with a lot of your posts and would have liked to meet you.

Safe travels.
    Ray

Philbert- discussing wc on a tc forum? <G>.
    I know- I got your point.
    Lineage is important but nota sufficient indicator of learning kung fu.
    The bad review of Yip Chun's book is most likely bya student of Jason Lau.
    Jason Lau isa good ighter and has trained some pretty good fighters.

Jason Lau's sifu the late great Jiu Wan was also good. He learned some wing chun before he worked with Ip Man who also taught him.

But as happens in promotion and lineage tracing the Jason Lau folks have been minimizing the Ip Man connection.

No big deal.

>One thing that should be noted that I find really weird. Posters are talking about and focused on Painters lineage and not about the fact that he says he can stop criminals from butchering him with his telepathic brain f@arts.<

can you post the part of the article, where he is saying it or post where exactly I can find it? otherwise it it just some hearsay for me.

Kymus,

You know what they say don't you. There is a sucker born every minute. I guess you were the fall guy for one of those minutes.
    So I guess then this art that's been practiced for 4 or 5 thousand years is fake and all those guys that brake spears on their throats are just phoneys huh? Try some internal martial arts and you'll feel Chi. Better yet, just do push hands with one of them.

4 or 5 thousand years
    Kymus, I think that is a tad egrigious.

Baguazhang in it's current practice is approx 300 years old and has been adapted and modified throughout that period.

Shaolin is only 1500 yrs old (give or take a few years) and It's Codified systems of martial arts grew the most during the Qing dynasty, again, in the last 400 or so years.

All systems that are currently practiced are not near as ancient as people seem to think they are. Nor are they at there very root quite as mystical or magical.

People enter into kwoons and dojos with rose coloured glasses and peppermint dreams that they will be able to fly and kick butt after they take the training for a little while.

After years of practice and stripping away the ubiquitous Mystical doo dads that are associated with martial arts, I still find them to be exhilerating and an integral part of my daily living.

After all, we are only human, and there only is, what is real.
    I can't really say anything about anyone. People market themselves as all kinds of things. The truth is manifest in the actions and deeds.

cheers
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Anybody who claims he can hurt you with empty force is the only answer you need on the question.

No matter how hard you try you can not polish a turd into a diamond.
    That's where you go wrong black jack. I have a tape of Dr. John Painter where he claims that he doesn't believe int he mysticism sorrounding chi kung and states that those are common things that people can do.
    killer kung fu commando streetfighter who has used his devastating fighting system to defeat hordes of attackers in countless combat situations

all those guys that brake spears on their throats are just phoneys huh? Try some internal martial arts and you'll feel Chi. Better yet, just do push hands with one of them.
    Breaking the spears and stuff like that is basically physics, and could be done by people with no martial arts or qigong experience whatsoever. That's hardly the same as knocking down/moving people with chi without touching them...

This sheds some light on the subject(though the vids weren't working when I checked it out): http://www.discovery.ca/Stories/2003/06/09/51.asp

Anyway, while they do require hard work and skill to get right, in these tricks I don't see any direct relation to the fighting or health aspects of Chinese wushu in these tricks. I think they're good for publicity and that's about it. I don't mind the tricks though, as long as people aren't using them to make false claims.