Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Captain Dr John Painter PhD, ND, etc, etc

I have a tape of Dr. John Painter where he claims that he doesn't believe int he mysticism sorrounding chi kung and states that those are common things that people can do.
    Just to clarify, when you say he says they "are common things that people can do". You're talking about the physics tricks, not the moving people without touching them, right? Are you saying he doesn't believe the whole empty force? Just asking, 'cause the way you worded it in relation to the quote you're responding to makes it sound like he thinks empty force is not mystical and anyone can do it

Right on the first part. Wrong on the empty force. Not sure if he even heard about empty force since it's related to a lot of posers.
    killer kung fu commando streetfighter who has used his devastating fighting system to defeat hordes of attackers in countless combat situations

Cool, that's what I thought you meant, just thought I'd get clarification

Dr Painter wrote some articles where he states that empty force wont work at all. just with conditioned students.

that's why I want to have Black Jack to give us the text where Dr Painter is saying that he can do this. as long as he does not do this, I wont believe that Dr Painter wrote such things.

Exclamation

~ This topic was addressed about a year ago or so here and Mr Painter actually responded himself. I encourage you to check out the archives and get a good handle of the debate before you bring it up again.
    ~ IMO there are many other nationally named instructors of numerous styles including Ba Gua who are of much more dubious quality and whose claims are much more lfallacious.
    ~ I dont mention names that often. The distinguising charactoristic should be along these lines: Can the individual actually (and honestly) back up his claims about his skills or not? If he can then ask yourself if you could learn something from him. If he can't then walk away until you have enough skill of your own to actually beat him in front of the camera for all the world to see.
    ~ Many times, not always, but many times, a person who has to bash others is really looking for a way to validate their own lack of skills and abilities. It stems from a lot of insecurity and low self worth.

Peace,

Sin Loi

Yi Beng, Kan Xue

Re: Captain Dr John Painter PhD, ND, etc, etc

Originally posted by Flying Tiger
    Has anyone been to his website recently? Most of his claims are so outlandish and ridiculous that they are laughable and are written by someone who is mentally unbalanced. Take for example his account “Flight from China” of his teacher and his teacher’s teacher and their families to Taiwan to escape communism. This is just pure fiction and it never happened and it is just a figment of the imagination of Painter’s queer mind. What’s his point of putting up a Mauser pistol in his website for all the world to see? This man has told so many lies over the last thirty years or so that he believes them himself.
    ==========

I am not a Painter fan but I do respect his efforts more so than you, "Flying Crap" which is not unlike all of the rest of the fake kids out there. Look at shadow and shaolin do-do if you want to see yourself. They have not had even a decent street fight in their life but will claim they are the baddest thing since penguin do-do. Now, here you come along and begin adding to their fradulent mouths. Painter over "Flyiing Tiger Crap" anyday.

Bo

So you take offense at someone ridiculing Painter by
    ridiculing some other style.

Originally posted by BAI HE
    So you take offense at someone ridiculing Painter by
    ridiculing some other style.

----------------
    I enlighten those who ridicule including myself. That's why I am sooooo enlightened, huh? LMAO.

bobojoe02, you registared this month. I am not questioning wheather or not you have been hiding in the shadows for a while and finally registared, however, if you think so highly of yourself, at least create a profile listing experience.
    I have a signature.

Well, how bout that cup? I think it's just your
    style Boboloaf.

Originally posted by PHILBERT
    bobojoe02, you registared this month. I am not questioning wheather or not you have been hiding in the shadows for a while and finally registared, however, if you think so highly of yourself, at least create a profile listing experience.
    My experience is simple. I went to Beijing and Singapore for the past 25 years and careless about the faires on here who think they know something like as_ shadow, and others in shaolin-do-do.

Originally posted by PHILBERT
    I find that story to be a load of shit because you are acting like a 14 year old boy. You list no style you studied in Beijing, no instructors who you studied under, and as far as I can tell, every post you put on here is dissing shadow or talking about homosexuality.

I always thought that those who were homophobic were more then likely secretly in the closet and wouldn't admit it to themselves, hence why they have to be immature and insult others.
    -

If you are just another ***----got then, hey, go on dates with them, fay----got,

[img]http://www.ebaumsworld.com/forumfun/gay14.jpg[img]

ooops

Empty Force

About my making claims that I can push people over without touching them. The fact is that I can do this even if someone is punching at me. It is no great feat I can do it and so can any of you if you would take the time to examine the psychology behind it. Yes, I said psychology because the stunt has nothing to do with Qi or magic powers at least as I understand the use of the term Qi.

The skill of deflecting a punch and causing the person to fall away from you is sometimes often called “target replacement” and is well known by many martial arts experts in Chinese, Korean and Japanese disciplines. No it does not have to be one of your students or some dupe you paid to do it, it works with almost anyone and is a result of a matter of timing so as to lead the persons mind and body in a way that is not apparent to them, yet guides them away.

I have never said I could use Qi to move someone around! I never wrote articles claiming such. There was an old article years ago when we were doing research (when Qigong was new to the West) when I shot a series of photos showing how the mysterious ability of moving someone would look. Perhaps if you did not read the article you may have taken the photos out of context.

I was editor and publisher of for over eight years the IAM magazine you would have seen article after article sponsored by the magazine and my own money to search for the scientific reality of Qi energy as martial power. You would have seen the well documented experiment where Chien, Liang-Huang and I proved that a so called Master Ma from Beijing who claimed to push people and move them with his Qi was unable to do it with test subjects chosen at random from the street when they were blindfolded, unless they knew what the goal of the experiment was. In that case they would eventually move as part of the expectation of something mystical happening.

If you want to know anything about me then come see me in person. We can talk, exchange ideas or play and I will be glad to visit with you so long as you are polite and use good wude.

Thanks

John P. Painter
    Thank you for your patience!