Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Why the obssession with guns?

One New Yorkers take on "The Anti-Gun Male"

http://www.cruffler.com/Features/APR...-April-02.html

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State"

how come people ignore this part of the 2nd Amendment, but just see this part:

" the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

it means if you keep a regulated militia that is for the protection of a state, your guns will never be taken away.

cracker jack and his neighbors shooting watermelons is NOT a regulated militia. a militia maybe.....
    is the NRA a regulated militia? it's regulated sure, but they're not soldiers. Since they're from "all walks of life" how many of them would be willing to die for his country once he sees a comrade's brains blown out, if the Chinese should suddenly feel the need to invade?

Another thought: how come 2nd Amendment thumpers don't speak out against the banning of some swords and nunchaku in New York (or was it New Jersey) ?
    -------------------------------------------
    "It is a good thing to see the world as a dream. When you have something like a nightmare, you will wake up and tell yourself that it was only a dream. It is said that the world we live in is not a bit different from this."
    - Yamamoto Tsunetomo, from Hagakure

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State"

Do you feel free?
    Do you feel that your freedom could ever be taken away?
    Of course not in this safe world we live in,I TRUST MY GOVERMENT!
    State is more of a local term than a federal one.

" the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

I do not understand why people take the first part of this Amendment to the letter but throw out the other part.

If a goverment out of control doesn't concern you then maybe this does?
    http://davekopel.org/2A/LawRev/LawyersGunsBurglars.htm

My first Amendment rights are nothing without my second,history proves me right.

"cracker jack and his neighbors shooting watermelons is NOT a regulated militia."

I do not shoot watermelons,I cut them up so I can hear them scream longer.

Do you feel close to the guy that girl wrote about?

What is the Right to Keep and Bear Arms anyway?
    Three things (IMHO )

A human right: Every human being by having the human rights of life and liberty by definition has the right to defend that life and liberty and to own the tools to effect that defense; a human right to keep and bear arms (HRKBA).

A civil right: Every citizen of the US is guaranteed the uninfringed right to keep and bear arms by the Second Amendment to the United States Constitution; a Civil Right to Keep and Bear Arms (CRKBA).

Most other nations do not guarantee the RKBA as a civil right.

A legal right: As defined by the law itself; the Legal Right to Keep and Bear Arms (LRKBA). The law can provide for the private, that is to say "non-state" ownership of firearms without guaranteeing that ownership as a right (as many countries do), or in the United States, Federal or State law may be in conflict with the Second Amendment in spirit and practice. For example, the Second Amendment to the US Constitution clearly states "uninfringed", while the National Firearms Act (1934), Gun Control Act (1968), and Violent Crime Control and Law Enforcement Act (1994) are clear "infringements" to the 2A and to the CRKBA.

Implications

For Americans, this means that your duty is to make sure that the LRKBA is as close as possible to the CRKBA established in our Constitution. This means voting at every opportunity; it means writing, calling, faxing, and e-mailing your representatives as a voter; it means being vigilant against those at home and abroad who fail to recognize the HRKBA, and wish to strip Americans of their civil and legal rights to keep and bear.

For Internationals, it means that you have to start spreading the message that the human rights of life and liberty are exogenous to the state, and that the human right to self-defense is implicit in their existence.

"Another thought: how come 2nd Amendment thumpers don't speak out against the banning of some swords and nunchaku in New York (or was it New Jersey) ?"

I have spoke out,feel better?

All of the guns in my gun safes have killed less people than Ted Kennedy's Oldsmobile.

"An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last." - Winston Churchill
    Last edited by tnwingtsun; 07-19-2003 at 10:53 PM.

Originally posted by tnwingtsun
    Do you feel close to the guy that girl wrote about?
    Nope. do you? You seem to think you're not free unless you have a gun.
    "It is a good thing to see the world as a dream. When you have something like a nightmare, you will wake up and tell yourself that it was only a dream. It is said that the world we live in is not a bit different from this."

"Nope. do you?"

Not at all,I do not belive in speaking out on something unless
    I belive in it,this maybe something your years betray.

"You seem to think you're not free unless you have a gun."

I know that is is my right ,like it or not that is where it stands and to take part in taking that freedom away is to be responsible
    for the blood you claim to avoid.

This is no less important than my freedom of speech, press, assembly and to petition the government for a redress of grievances, and the implied rights of association and belief.

Do you live in a cartoon??

Originally posted by tnwingtsun
    ....taking that freedom away is to be responsible
    for the blood you claim to avoid.
    PLEASE clarify as I've no idea what you mean by "blood you claim to avoid".
    Basically, whenever you're asked "why do you need a gun?" you keep repeating "it's my right! it's my right!", so would you feel oppressed if you gun was taken away? It's the same question because I haven't received an answer. you just said "it's my right! it's my right!"

<I extrapolate and make assumptions, probably wrong>

Are you afraid if you say yes, you'd feel oppressed, you might think I'd say you're insecure and are that guy in the article?

</ I extrapolate and make assumptions, probably wrong>

Do you live in a cartoon??
    What makes you think I do?
    Because I can visualize protecting freedom without guns?
    Ghandi and MLK weren't cartoons.
    Last edited by cho; 07-19-2003 at 11:49 PM.

I will answer you tomorrow young one,its time for night fire at the range,loc and load,1 in 5

Lightbulb Cho.

Hey man you arent gonna get anything real out if this guy. He goes on the notion that he really is intelligent and can manage an intelligent discussion about guns and "rights" he has because the government gave it to him. so in effect he is more of a slave to the government than you or i for he suckles those bill of rights like his mommas teety.

It is what i was stateing before about not having any real voice on the matter of things. to think that a piece of metal that has the ability to kill a human being makes you "free" and establishes rights that you have. haha i may as well think the same thing when i operate my electric razor. " man i am so free i can shave with this electric razor,, the government gives me the right to do it to" WOW i FELL SO FREE and AMERICAN Too.

and i love his link post to the new yorkers viewon the anti gun male. hahaha i got bored with it after the first sentence. no offense to women at all but she didnt strike me as a well educated and even funny as her bio says she is.

but have fun bantering with the robot. remember Cho. Robots dont have a mind of thier own. they only do what you program them to do.
    It makes me mad when people say I turned and ran like a scared rabbit. Maybe it was like an angry rabbit, who was going to fight in another fight, away from the first fight.

Willie Sword!! Now let that young man have a mind of his own.

I know that this is my right ,like it or not that is where it stands and to take part in taking that freedom away(YOU WILLIE) is to be responsible for the blood you claim to avoid.

You sound like the thought police!!

Willie,do you feel safe with Bush?????

I like guns and not a one of you anti-gun fools can stop me from owning one. Haha.......
    Last edited by Fred Sanford; 07-20-2003 at 08:15 AM.
    Mack 10 just got out of court,
    rollin through tha hood in his super sport ropin Too $hort.
    Eighteens got tha rearview mirrors vibratin

Lightbulb and here is an example

by tnwingtsun
    I know that this is my right ,like it or not that is where it stands and to take part in taking that freedom away(YOU WILLIE) is to be responsible for the blood you claim to avoid.
    Here we see a pre-programmed response based exactly on what i was stateing earlier.
    Here, again, the robot, expresses his girly fear of having his "freedom" taken away if his precious gun is taken away from him. he will feel so vunerable and infringed upon as one does when you have that dream,you know,where you are naked in front of everyone and they are laughing at you. The fear is so great that the robot will blame those who advocate peace and do not own a gun(or got rid of thiers) of the blood shed by those who DO own guns and have more than not irresponsably used them. ie: columbine: paduca Ky; oregon. and a myriad of other places in this country.
    but that is another trait of brainwashing, DENIAL.

im sure this triggered some other pre-programmed responses and it will be fun addressing them as well. you will all get to see the difference between a true rational thinking being, and a undereducated brainwashed robotic mindset that is so dead set on believing the freedom and rights are dictated by whether or not you own a pistol.

oh and in answer to the (extremely wise and intelligent question) "do i feel safe with Bush?"

answer: well sure i do little gipper. im sure the repubs knew what they were doing when they activited thier freedom and right to steal an election and place Mr, Bush in office. hey ill admit that i to was getting real bored of the clinton scandal thing and i was as equally as bored with al gore and his rhetoric.
    im sure the repubs saved us all from that horrible fate if gore got to be president.
    It makes me mad when people say I turned and ran like a scared rabbit. Maybe it was like an angry rabbit, who was going to fight in another fight, away from the first fight.

Well becuae martial arts need to evolve. Well if it didn't we wouldn't have adopted the swrd and staff would we?
    killer kung fu commando streetfighter who has used his devastating fighting system to defeat hordes of attackers in countless combat situations

you will all get to see the difference between a true rational thinking being, and a undereducated brainwashed robotic mindset
    a true rational thinking being was a very nice thing for you to say about tnwingtsun TWS.

ewallace

i am reminded of third grade. when someone made an idiotic attempt at being funny and the other idiot said "oooooo burn,,,oooo burn".

Willie,you're chasing your tail like a dog on this one.