Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Why the obssession with guns?

Talking you know i like the name you........

are callin me, "willie" reminds me of ole Willie Nelson,,an Austin original here,,AND another peace lovin dope smokin liberal.

hey man its better than clutching your glock 7 and getting a hard on,,and visualizng that you are creeping through the bushes, ooooo you gotta be quiet,,the enemy is near,,, you can hear them chatting,,oooo its so close now. you move in even closer, the heat the fireants,,they dont distract you at all,,because you are FOCUSED. you clutch your glock(your Willie begins to raise up a bit) you click off the safety. you make your move and then you..............POP UP OUT OF THE BUSHES AND YELLING LIKE STALLONE IN A BAD WAR MOVIE YOU SPRAY THE ENEMY WITH EAGLE TALON BULLETS!!!!! PEOPLE RUNING AND SCREAMING,,THE SOUNDS OF GURGLING AND CRYING (because you are a great shot
    and you hit 5 people with that execution of fine gun marksmanship) . you stand in the blood of your enemies you walk amoingst their corpses. YOUR willie is hard now. you pick up the picketed sign that reads "Peace,Love,and little puppies". "hahahah" you think to yourself, " i showed them"(in a very thick almost incoherent hick drawl) "those dang liberals wont take awuy mah raits." the klan drives by, cheering.

wow!!
    It makes me mad when people say I turned and ran like a scared rabbit. Maybe it was like an angry rabbit, who was going to fight in another fight, away from the first fight.

c'mon tn, man up to it and answer me.

Originally posted by cho
    would you feel oppressed if your gun was taken away? It's the same question because I haven't received an answer. you just said "it's my right! it's my right!"
    the exact same question, tn.
    -------------------------------------------
    "It is a good thing to see the world as a dream. When you have something like a nightmare, you will wake up and tell yourself that it was only a dream. It is said that the world we live in is not a bit different from this."
    - Yamamoto Tsunetomo, from Hagakure

Hey Willie,I got a kick out of that movie,did you get beat up alot in school or something?

Cho,
    The answer to your question to is yes of course.

Same question back at cha,OUCH!!

D a m n fireants!!

Originally posted by tnwingtsun
    Same question back at cha,OUCH!!
    Nope. b/c I don't own a gun. even if by law my knives were to be taken away, I would not feel oppressed b/c when it comes down to it, I don't really need them.

The answer to your question to is yes of course.
    So, I guess you ARE the insecure, scared guy from the article by the unfunny comedian.

Maybe when you were little you had your ass handed to you and from then on you were determined to make sure that never happened again. and whoever wanted to screw w/ you would have a hole in their face. Perhaps you feel insecure still after learning some, I assume, wingtsun. After all, how do you fight someone while leaning backwards?

you show your insecurity by the name calling (both you and TWS, actually). You don't know anything about me so you click on member profile and try to attack anything that sticks out to you. In this case, my age. Oh no, some young punk dares to challenge to you? Please, cry me a river, build a bridge and get over it, people of all ages will be smarter than you.
    "It is a good thing to see the world as a dream. When you have something like a nightmare, you will wake up and tell yourself that it was only a dream. It is said that the world we live in is not a bit different from this."

Thumbs down

I didn't read much past the first page (got bored), but I like guns, own one, and would NOT like guns to be banned. It's my freedom to own a gun, and I wouldn't like it, if one of my freedom's were taken away. Each individual in the U.S. has the right to choose, wether a gun is for you, or not. If guns were banned, your freedom to choose wether a gun is for you or not, is taken away. It seems as if the government wants to take more and more of our freedoms away. The more they regulate our lives, the less freedom we have. Unforunately, the saying about women applies to the government. Can't live with one, can't live without one.

The original thought behind giving the people the right to bear arms, is, after the revolutionary war if the government had become corupt, the people could revolt. Had there been need of a revolt, more then likely they would have fought against soldiers. In order to fight them, they needed their guns.

Of course this probably wouldn't happen in our time, but if guns are taken away, it does leave us defenseless. I don't like the thought of being defenseless, hell thats one of the reasons I take martial arts.

The bottom line is, as with anything, guns have their uses, given the right situation.

Thumbs down

Cho,nice try but no cigar.

"Nope. b/c I don't own a gun. even if by law my knives were to be taken away, I would not feel oppressed b/c when it comes down to it, I don't really need them."

Well,Well....

If I ever need superman you'll be the first one I think of.
    And I don't care what you need or what you want,its not all about you or what you think,if you disagree with me then fine,I didn't drag you by the ear to this thread and feel the need to know what you think,wether it be guns or wingtsun,its just not that important.

You my son are insecure by your own definition,this is after all just mouth boxing,have some style and quit leaning backwards.

BTW,what do you cut onions with,your chi-ball razor palm?

Last edited by tnwingtsun; 07-20-2003 at 11:11 PM.

Originally posted by tnwingtsun
    I didn't.... feel the need to know what you think,wether it be guns or wingtsun,its just not that important.
    you asked me....

judging by the added name calling, i think i struck a chord. and of course no cigar, i don't smoke.

You don't know anything about me so you click on member profile and try to attack anything that sticks out to you. In this case, my age. Oh no, some young punk dares to challenge to you?

Oh, I found ya real good cho

http://www.jedimaster.net/

Keep working on that belly and you'll go far!!!

yeah, I'm now very sure I got you pegged down in your place. You know it so you just avoid directly answering and just do something weird.

hey TWS! givin' a shout from across the block, i'm an Austinian too.
    Last edited by cho; 07-21-2003 at 12:23 AM.

Question oh so after this quote cho

you show your insecurity by the name calling (both you and TWS, actually).
    i am now all of a sudden your pal your chum? well whatever, i told you that you werent gonna get anything real or genuine form this guy. same ole broken record.

Here is a bit if insight. the GOVERNMENT is not set up to govern people(now i know what you're thinkin') it is set up to govern the law and to dictate the laws set down to keep order of the masses. The government has NOthing to do with Freedom or rights. rights are what we as human beings are born with.
    what the government gives us are PRIVILAGES. i know we call them rights but if you look at history and the true human rights that were violated to african american,,Native american(to which i share heritage with) you will see that what all you gun totin nimrods think are rights are actually PRIVILAGES.

see kids, you cant be given rights and they cant be taken away from you. but you sure as hell can have your toys and things taken away from you. and these toys that you cling to sooo much and that represent your FU#@EDUP ideals and values are getting out of hand. you are abusing them,,and you are barking out more violence and hatred than I Am when i call you a bunch of war mongoring white trash peices of sh!t.

,There are countless Americans out there who do not have a gun and they dont feel defensless, hmm i wonder why? well maybe because they have better CONFIDENCE and SELF ESTEEM and dont need a gun to feel safe and secure.
    now i dont think you are a bad person for owning a gun,,im sure there are nice people out there who do not go around spouting off that they have one and love em and think all those liberal pot smokin hippis should be shot. i havent met one yet though. so right now,,like you, in your prejudgment of who you think i am,, i am gonna lump most gun owners and users in the category of paraniod delusional freaks that should have zoloft and paxil injected in to thier bloodstream on a daily basis.

peace love dope. tws
    It makes me mad when people say I turned and ran like a scared rabbit. Maybe it was like an angry rabbit, who was going to fight in another fight, away from the first fight.

I love 'em, just as I love martial arts. It's fun to go target shooting, just as it's fun to go sparring. I liked your line about toys, and you are right about that.

all you gun totin nimrods
    Was that necissary? I think that was a bit harsh.

im sure there are nice people out there who do not go around spouting off that they have one and love em and think all those liberal pot smokin hippis should be shot.
    Was that aimed at me, or someone else from this thread? I don't remember saying something about wanting people shot.

i am gonna lump most gun owners and users in the category of paraniod delusional freaks that should have zoloft and paxil injected in to thier bloodstream on a daily basis.
    OUCH!!

We're you reffering to my post or to that other guy who doesn't make much sense when he's talking?(tnwingtsun)

Everyone has choices. Right now, I still have the choice to own a gun. (you had a point, so I changed my wording ) I choose to own one. You chose, not to own one. Thats your choice, and it should be respected, just as mine should.
    Last edited by Yung Apprentice; 07-21-2003 at 11:11 AM.

Again,

Willow you should be ****ed off at your parents for raising a estrogen lapping anti-self defense traitor boy. As Fred stated so perfect in the start of this thread that it is pointless to take the time to educate your ilk. Somepeople are just to f@cking wacked out to get the concept of freedom. You are one. Go blow Micheal Moore.

Just for your knowledge Willow "the pro rapist" Sword their are now excellent testosterone replacement therapy systems available to the the nutless.

When you type do you pencil in the mustache to go with the armband and uniform?
    Regards

Historically, groups who are persecuted have their most effective weapons taken from them by their persecutors. In this day and age, that would be a firearm....as it was in the days of WWII...and the reservation Indians...and Castro's rise to power in Cuba... If you want to rule people who disagree with you, you take away their firearms. Then it's easy to see who's against you...it's the guy still holding on to his weapon.

Yung is right on in my view.

And willow, the original intent and purpose of the Second Amendment was to preserve and guarantee, not grant the pre-existing right of individuals, to keep and bear arms. Anyone who honestly addresses this topic would come to the same conclusion, I think. So, the trick to your statements come in when you re-name a right as a privilege...which can be withdrawn. Our founders specifically named this "self-evident" RIGHT.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the main argument against people owning guns (not counting tyrants and criminals...who want the power isolated within themselves), is a fear that a gunowner might MISUSE his firearm. Go crazy, shoot up a bar, kill a man for snorin' too loud, etc. The fact that MILLIONS of folks own guns in this country, and (in fact) violent crime DECREASES in areas where concealed carry is introduced, does make that argument simple insecurity. People are scared, not by FACTS but by a "nagging feeling" or...insecurity.

Finally, it's sickening to me to hear the "why can't you REALLY be tough and drop the gun?" argument. Put a typical 110 pound woman against a raging 250 pound man intent on hurting her, she'll be hurt. Now, put a .357 in her hand. It's not a lock, but she's got a chance now. Outlawing firearms would be taking that "one last desperate chance" away from those smaller, weaker, or older...unless some "wandering hero" happened by to save the day.

Well...that's the end of my rant. Take care all.
    Keep it simple, stupid.

rights are what we as human beings are born with.
    excuse me for busting in on this thread so late but I read BJ's last post and almost blwe pop out of my nose!

Willowsword, you are not born with any rights. Rights are granted to you. If there is no one there to take them from you or to give them to you then you are truly free however if one more person exists in your world your rights are only given or taken. What rights do you have at birth that stop me from locking your ass in a basement the rest of your life? What rights do you have in my country as a dictator to anything I don't allow you to do?

see kids, you cant be given rights and they cant be taken away from you
    Why yes, they can. You have no rights that I don't give you if I have a gun and you do not. The law may give you back your rights, by killing me or taking me out in some way but until that happens your rights are as I determine them.

Also willowsword, why don't we also make martial arts illegal? Would that bother you at all?
    Last edited by red5angel; 07-21-2003 at 01:40 PM.

...and lets not forget some of those democrats who are rabid anti-gun proponents such as Senator Feinstein actually have a CCW permit...and I seem to remember hearing that her bodyguards got in trouble not too long ago for trying to board an airplane with their firearms.

Hypocrite? Hmmm...........
    Last edited by Fred Sanford; 07-21-2003 at 01:42 PM.
    Mack 10 just got out of court,
    rollin through tha hood in his super sport ropin Too $hort.
    Eighteens got tha rearview mirrors vibratin