Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Funny KO after end of kickboxing fight

gotta take a fighter's mind into account -- they just went toe to toe bashing each other, and bashing is the only thing that's been on their mind. the guy got up and immediately was in the other guys face. he wasn't threatening or whatever, but the last however many minutes for which the fight lasted, that's all they were focused on. getting OUT of the bashing mindset is easier said than done.

agreed on the reffing part -- he wasn't thinking, and the most important part of his job is boxer safety. he blew it, and the poor guy probably won't ref again.

edit: i just watched the video again -- watch the arms of the guy that got knocked down after he gets back up and approaches the other fighter. they shirk up like he's about ready to move, so i really can't blame the guy standing for clocking the **** outta him. if he even was aware that the fight was over, when the other dude walked up and shirked up his hands like that, i'd have done the same thing.

that is, if i was a good fighter.
    Last edited by rubthebuddha; 07-16-2003 at 03:14 PM.
    " i wonder how many people take their post bone marrow transplant antibiotics with amberbock" -- GDA

"agreed on the reffing part -- he wasn't thinking, and the most important part of his job is boxer safety. he blew it, and the poor guy probably won't ref again"

he's actually a ref for Pride

Nah, dude got up in his face after the fight was stopped. So he got "stopped" again
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Copyright 2003 - African Tiger Inc., a Nevada yada yada yada. Any reproduction...oh, to hell with that round kick, my knees are killing me. How about a nice Iron Palm to the nuts, sonny?

If you watch really carefully though, when the guy gets up and gets in the other guy's face again, then he sort of stops. The winner in response, puts his hands up to cover, stops, then decides to put the guy down.

Seems to me that the dude who won was a pretty malicious kinda person to be honest.
    cxxx[]:::::::::::>
    Behold, I see my father and mother.
    I see all my dead relatives seated.
    I see my master seated in Paradise and Paradise is beautiful and green; with him are men and boy servants.
    He calls me. Take me to him.

Win or lose I always give the other guy a pat on the back in a tournament setting ... could this be the case here? Most likely not. I think the guy was out of it after getting dropped. Likwise, he didn't seem in any position to do harm. If the other guy felt threatened he could have shielded for a brief second, waited for the ref and his pay check.

I understand the fighter mind. I also understand for that guy to be in that ring, at that level, he's got to be somewhat cool, calm and collected. That was most certainly intentional. HE KNEW THE FIGHT WAS OVER. He could have backed away until the ref got inbetween.

I would have booed!

If you look closely, Lebanner (the winner), puts his left hand out to stop the guys forward movement and already has the punch c0cked. He just lets it fly with a split second of thought.

I blaim it all on the ref
    Last edited by truewrestler; 07-17-2003 at 08:23 AM.

ttt

Originally posted by EvolutionFist
    Win or lose I always give the other guy a pat on the back in a tournament setting ... could this be the case here? Most likely not. I think the guy was out of it after getting dropped. Likwise, he didn't seem in any position to do harm. If the other guy felt threatened he could have shielded for a brief second, waited for the ref and his pay check.

I understand the fighter mind. I also understand for that guy to be in that ring, at that level, he's got to be somewhat cool, calm and collected. That was most certainly intentional. HE KNEW THE FIGHT WAS OVER. He could have backed away until the ref got inbetween.

I would have booed!
    I agree. He could have covered up and moved out of the situation. He could have just pushed the guy away. But instead he decides to flatten the guy. Very poor sportsmanship if you ask me.
    cxxx[]:::::::::::>
    Behold, I see my father and mother.
    I see all my dead relatives seated.
    I see my master seated in Paradise and Paradise is beautiful and green; with him are men and boy servants.
    He calls me. Take me to him.