Thread: ATTN: Blue Dragon Master

BDKF Guest

ATTN: Blue Dragon Master

Blue Dragon Master, where did you get your name? I study a style called Blue Dragon Kung Fu and I was wondering if you were involved in the same?

Martial Joe Guest
    I would assume so Blue Dragon Kung Fu(BDKF)...

The CBC Guest
    BDKF? Blue dragon is the first style I ever trained in Iam still traing in it but I have to ask is it street effctive???

Martial Joe Guest
    Quincy~Hey dude whats going on?
    Id say that you have to make it that way yourself.But ofcourse it is by its self.

BDKF Guest

Street effective

Quincy,
    I would definitely say that it is street effective. Martial Joe is correct in saying that you need to make it that way. The moves are there in your forms, you need to find them. All ranges of fighting are represented in your forms, from long range kicking to grappling. Take time with each form and don't rush Instructor Don. :)

The CBC Guest
    how do I pull from the forms I mean I can drill them over and over and still not understand the form are any of the moves in it.

hey M.Joe evey things cool just finishing final exams

IronFist Guest
    What is blue dragon kung fu? I've never heard of it :confused:

Iron

BDKF Guest

Blue Dragon

To Quincy,
    Start with your first form. Go through each of the movements very slowly with a partner and see what presents itself. For example, remember the part of the form with the forearm blocks after the double tiger claw technique??? Well, that can easily be an arm break IF you apply the movements correctly and don't try to shortcut the motion. Kung Fu 1 has many joint locking and escaping applications in it.

IronFist,
    BLue Dragon is a 5 animal,(tiger, crane, snake, monkey, drunken monkey) Vietnamese style of kung fu. It encompasses all ranges of fighting from long range kicking to grappling. It may not be the most common style (only a handful of black sashes) but it has taught me more about fighting than the other styles of martial arts I have trained in (WTF & ITF Tae Kwon Do, Judo, Hapkido, Pyong Ahn Tae Kwon Do, Aikido).