Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If it ain't broke, don't kung-fix it

If it ain't broke, don't kung-fix it

Ok, this new start page for KFO is really beginning to bug me, with this whole Reality and Reality Fighting thing.

Can anyone tell me when kung fu became Unreal? And for that matter, this site is affiliated with Kung Fu Magazine. So does that mean the forum is a contradiction to the magazine?

Wat gives??????
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Copyright 2003 - African Tiger Inc., a Nevada yada yada yada. Any reproduction...oh, to hell with that round kick, my knees are killing me. How about a nice Iron Palm to the nuts, sonny?

Re: If it ain't broke, don't kung-fix it

Originally posted by African Tiger
    Ok, this new start page for KFO is really beginning to bug me, with this whole Reality and Reality Fighting thing.

Can anyone tell me when kung fu became Unreal? And for that matter, this site is affiliated with Kung Fu Magazine. So does that mean the forum is a contradiction to the magazine?

Wat gives??????
    Kung fu became unreal when people started to get the perception that the stuff in the kung fu flicks was actually what kung fu is about.
    cxxx[]:::::::::::>
    Behold, I see my father and mother.
    I see all my dead relatives seated.
    I see my master seated in Paradise and Paradise is beautiful and green; with him are men and boy servants.
    He calls me. Take me to him.

I don't think thats the issue at all- "Reality fighting" is being used now just because thats the new term, like as in "reality TV" and that stuff.

You've been voted out of the Kwoon. Actually, you should write the script for that, give it to the Kwoon.com

"Extreme" was used up and kinda '90's, thats all.
    -Thos. Zinn

"Children, never fuss or fret
    Nor let unreason'd tempers rise
    Your little hands were never meant
    To pluck out one anothers eyes"
    -McGuffey's Reader

“We are at a crossroads. One path leads to despair and the other to total extinction. I pray I have the wisdom to choose wisely.”

ستّة أيّام يا كلب

Yeah then people started to add "combat" to everything.

"Enroll NOW in Sifu Abel's school of Combat Yoga, where you will be taught to kick ass in the most flexible way on earth. No other style can touch Combat Yoga, for it is too soft to be contained, too flexible to be injured and too powerful to handle. So start now and become the ass-kicking yogi you deserve to be!"

just a thought ...
    " i wonder how many people take their post bone marrow transplant antibiotics with amberbock" -- GDA

Combat Yoga, where you will be taught to kick ass in the most flexible way on earth. No other style can touch Combat Yoga, for it is too soft to be contained, too flexible to be injured and too powerful to handle. So start now and become the ass-kicking yogi you deserve to be!"
    Ah, see, we already have Combat Yoga. It's called BJJ.

"If done right, no can defense."
    "In the world of martial arts, respect is often a given. In the real world, it must be earned."

"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says is never accurate because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand. "--Bertrand Russell

"Liberals - Cosmopolitan critics, men who are the friends of every country save their own. "--Benjamin Disraeli

"A conservative government is an organised hypocrisy."--Benjamin Disraeli

Where ever I Am; today, West Virginia, US of A, NA, N of EUdMexico
    Blog Entries
    The person in control and webmaster here-ish wants to share. This same person became outraged-ish due to some considered senseless needless~ deaths. In an irration al attempt to feel better about not being able to stop it, nor it's remarkedly similar occurance he was in~, webmaster person changed perspective or thinks person became aware of the truth. Having to do with what works and is life-saving effective. So called real, down and dirty, hardcore stuff. Knives--cutting implemtnts, stabbers/pokers, guns, gun disarms, hard punches, low height-high damage kicks, mercilessly delivered. Because the loss of you or someone next to you (literally or figuratively) is not to be tolerated. Grieving/Mourning, Guilt, Frustration, Confusion--Shock~--Distraughtsion seems to be what's up African Tiger.

Kung-Fu didn't change-ish. But it also, with it's philosophies, didn't stop bullets let loose from the guns fired by disgruntled workers (Grieving, Sad or distrought).

The magazine presents what it's perspective is of what is "good and right with the World."~ The forum will reflect one person's and the like-minded or follow-minded's/wanting-to-belong-minded's perspective of what is Really save a life Now/for today's situations/with options and tools not widely present in the Kung-Fu years before.

Perhaps some such some might say. Perhaps.
    There are four lights...¼ impulse...all donations can be sent at PayPal.com to qumpreyndweth@juno.com; vurecords.com

Thumbs up

No_Know,
    Your english is pretty odd.No offense meant.

I don´t think the fact that "reality fighting" (screwed up english,says me) necessarily translates to KF being considered "unreal" but times&trends change,so must approaches.
    The sunset´s setting down.Lay me on the forest floor.

I do not necessarily stand behind all of the statements I have made in the past, in this forum. Some of the statements may have appeared to support a biased view of reality, and may have been offensive. If you are a moral person and were hurt by comments that I made, you can PM me about it and I will apologize if I find your cause reasonable.
    -FC, summer of 2006-

Thumbs up

Originally posted by ZIM
    I don't think thats the issue at all- "Reality fighting" is being used now just because thats the new term, like as in "reality TV" and that stuff.

You've been voted out of the Kwoon. Actually, you should write the script for that, give it to the Kwoon.com

"Extreme" was used up and kinda '90's, thats all.
    ZIM,
    I'll thumbs up that. You should email them. It could be very entertaining, unlike the reality shows we have on TV.
    On top of that, most of those people couldn't wipe their butt without directions, and they'd still probably get half way through when they realized they'd used the directions to do it.
    KC Elbows

I prefer "Combat Ice Skating" Where else can you walk around with blades on your feet.

At least we all practice "combat typing" on the forum
    Badges?
    We don't need no stinking badges!

LOL! I use the deadly "Hunt and peck" method.

"Enroll NOW in Sifu Abel's school of Combat Yoga, where you will be taught to kick ass in the most flexible way on earth. No other style can touch Combat Yoga, for it is too soft to be contained, too flexible to be injured and too powerful to handle. So start now and become the ass-kicking yogi you deserve to be!"
    I have a kung fu movie called Kung fu vs. Yoga... pretty funny....

LOL! I use the deadly "Hunt and peck" method.
    10 Fingers of Fury!
    Starring Bucer Lieeeeeee
    practice wu de

Actually I bored everyone to death. Even Buddhist and Taoist monks fell asleep.....SPJ

Forums are no fun if I can't mess with your head. Or your colon...
    uh-oh, I hope no one quotes me on that....Gene Ching

I'm not Normal.... RD on his crying my b!tch left me thread

Hunt and Peck is based on the mantis style.

Commercial:
    [Interior, DARK]
    [Robbie grabs camera and shakes it, leering at audience]
    ROBBIE: "Yeah, African Tiger is good and all. But, man! Does he ever p1ss me off!"

[Jump cut- AT throws a right hook at ROBBIE, screaming obscenities]

ROBBIE: "It's like, he don't like nobody, right?"

[Jump cut- AT sitting in kitchen, speaking in LOW VOICE: "I don't like nobody, dig?"]

SIFU, in KITCHEN: "I don't see what the problem is. I like AT."

KELLY: "He said he'd 'do' me. What's up wit that?"

AT: "I got the VETO power, so bite me."

VOICEOVER: "Who will be voted out of the Kwoon next?"

[FADEOUT]
    -Thos. Zinn

"Children, never fuss or fret
    Nor let unreason'd tempers rise
    Your little hands were never meant
    To pluck out one anothers eyes"
    -McGuffey's Reader

“We are at a crossroads. One path leads to despair and the other to total extinction. I pray I have the wisdom to choose wisely.”

ستّة أيّام يا كلب