Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: elderly man runs down 40 people ... no joke

elderly man runs down 40 people ... no joke

can't believe this hasnt been posted here yet.

http://www.cnn.com/2003/US/West/07/1...ash/index.html
    where's my beer?

Unhappy

I know driving keeps the elderly from feeling useless, but d@mn! Sometimes the just shouldn't drive!

On another note: This one is kinda sad and scarry, too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    you're kidding? i would love to drink that beer just BECAUSE it's in a dead animal...i may even pick up the next dead squirrel i see and stuff a budweiser in it

This is one of those times where age-discrimination is completely appropriate.

My solution to these kinds of problems?

- No more drivers licenses. Licenses to reproduce would be far more benefitial.

- Driving tests will be replaced by driving audits. This means that at some point during every five-year period, someone will follow you around for a week and watch how you drive, with you, the driver, totally unaware.

- Heart monitors hooked directly into the braking system of the vehicle for all motorists over 40 years of age...at least in the US.

Feel free to add to this list or send campaign contributions.

Argh I lived on Florida for 4 months... darned Q-Tips got in wrecks every frikkin day... always traffic!! AHHH!
    "If you and I agree all the time, then one of us is unnecessary."

It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument.
    - William G. McAdoo

Against stupidity, even the Gods contend in vain...

I think that after age 55 or so there should be a required annual drivers liscence test.

Also imagine if he had a stroke while driving.

i think that people should have a new driving-test when they reach a certain age, and then re-take the test more times afterwards, with a few years between. If they are unable to drive properly, and have certain physical/mental problems of the kind you may get when you're aged, then the license to drive should be taken from you.

edit: now I see that Shaolin-Do said nearly the same thing, oh, well..

"Nine people were killed, including a 3-year-old girl, authorities said. The more than 54 hurt include 14 people with critical injuries, they said. Two of those critically injured are under the age of 2."

i just heard it on the news coz i was sleeping

dawpod
    Peace is not the product of terror or fear.
    Peace is not the silence of cemeteries.
    Peace is not the silent result of violent repression.
    Peace is the generous, tranquil contribution of all to the good of all.
    Peace is dynamism. Peace is generosity.
    It is right and it is duty.

Time for more gun control eh?

I've said it again and again and I'm saying it again now. Fewer cars+better public transit+more pedestrian friendly city planning=better quality of life. If this guy didn't think he needed to drive a car to live his life, those nine people would still be alive.
    All my fight strategy is based on deliberately injuring my opponents. -
    Crippled Avenger

"It is the same in all wars; the soldiers do the fighting, the journalists do the shouting, and no true patriot ever get near a front-line trench, except on the briefest of propoganda visits...Perhaps when the next great war comes we may see that sight unprecendented in all history, a jingo with a bullet-hole in him."

First you get good, then you get fast, then you get good and fast.

CSN, unfortunately, as a roadway designer, and planner, I'd have to give an overall thumbs up to your statement, I agree with SD too (who would have thunk it). 52 people, that is a lot of people to hit, have dive out of the way... that would be one of those things in a movie where you are, "Yeah, right."
    practice wu de

Actually I bored everyone to death. Even Buddhist and Taoist monks fell asleep.....SPJ

Forums are no fun if I can't mess with your head. Or your colon...
    uh-oh, I hope no one quotes me on that....Gene Ching

I'm not Normal.... RD on his crying my b!tch left me thread

He's unquestionably right. My dad is approaching 65, and his night vision is almost gone. I've been in the car when he's run red lights because he's not aware of them. He's an excellent driver in the daytime, but I have to wonder how long that will last.
    All my fight strategy is based on deliberately injuring my opponents. -
    Crippled Avenger

"It is the same in all wars; the soldiers do the fighting, the journalists do the shouting, and no true patriot ever get near a front-line trench, except on the briefest of propoganda visits...Perhaps when the next great war comes we may see that sight unprecendented in all history, a jingo with a bullet-hole in him."

First you get good, then you get fast, then you get good and fast.

my buddy said this one time when following an eldery driver going 30 or so in a 55 and i completely agree with him. if your reaction time is so terrible that you simply can not drive anywhere near the speed limit, it's the same da mn thing as being drunk and you shouldnt be behind the wheel.

this is just case in point.
    where's my beer?

Thumbs down

"Right now it looks as though there may be some negligence as far as his capacity to drive safely," Butts said. There was no indication that Weller intended to injure any pedestrians.
    MAY BE SOME NEGLIGENCE? The old fuc#er KILLLED 9 PEOPLE.

i really really hate reporters
    It makes me mad when people say I turned and ran like a scared rabbit. Maybe it was like an angry rabbit, who was going to fight in another fight, away from the first fight.

motherfu cker hid a loaded gun inside a teddy bear and gave it to a kid?????

jesus fu cking christ. this sh it wouldnt happen if i ruled the world. i guaran-fu cking-tee it.
    where's my beer?