Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast

Thread: Read This!

Why would anyone want to learn boxing in Europe?

I would like to learn it there because it is where it originated and it has been producing really good fighters lately, like Vitali klitchko.

And why would any one want to learn kung fu in CHina?

"I would like to learn it there because it is where it originated and it has been producing really good fighters lately, like Vitali klitchko"

So you've never boxed in Europe??

Screw Europe,we've got better boxers and trainers in the USA.

"And why would any one want to learn kung fu in CHina?"

I guess I could see your point if I went by the name Chinese Boxer

lol, this is the first time i've seen this post. i've been LMAO for the last hour! i only got to page 8 though. i'll have to finish it later. hahaha

when you compare boxing to kung fu, you must compare 3 things separately: the art, the training and the practitioner.

when comparing the arts, kung fu is a lot more versatile then boxing. name 1 thing boxing has that kung fu doesn't. and i can tell you hundreds of things boxing doesn't have. Kung Fu is a better, more complete, art then boxing.

in general, it's probably safe to say that most boxers train harder (put in more time) then MA.ists. their fitness (endurance) is usually higher too. also, a boxers training closely resembles what they would do in a real fight. in MA, we don't break the knees and poke out the eyes of our sparring partner. instead we have forms which are supposed to engrave those moves in our brain. i know some MA schools train really hard, but i'm generalising here. all boxing gyms are pretty similar but MA schools differ greatly.

also, you have to look at the particular individual. some people train really hard but choke when the time comes to put what they have learnt into play. others just have that little bit extra. you must compare 2 people of equal skill.

as an art, i think kung fu is WAY better. boxers train harder though. if you match up a boxer and a kung fu practitioner of equal skill, KF should win.

in street/reality fighting, boxers will fair quite well. but when you start using a blade, eye strikes or groin strikes that's no longer boxing. that's improvising. however, that's still part of kung fu.

what does a boxer do if he goes to ground? or against a kick? or against 3 people at once? boxing doesn't prepare you for those things. it's an incomplete art.

in short. boxers are good at what they do. pit KF v B and go by the boxers rules, boxer would probably win. get rid of all the rules, KF will win.
    Last edited by Watahhh; 09-11-2003 at 09:52 PM.

Originally posted by EuropeanBoxer
    Hey ******* kajukenbo guy. Kajukenbo is not a modern art. All it is is a bunch of old out dated pointless fighitng systems combined together during the fifties. Technically it is new but the styles it combined are still old and pointless.
    [/B]
    lol. that's like saying punching is old so any style that utilises it is useless. but hold on...don't boxers punch a lot? hahaha

keep it comming. very entertaining!

Man you guys are morons. I just dont get how you guys think boxers are confined to the rules in a scrap. You think a stupid little eyejab will be the magic weapon against a boxer.

TRY IT AND FIND OUT WHAT HAPPENS. the boxer could easily slip or counter it like nothing and knock your ass out.

IT is very very clear none of you guys have gotten in a fight in your entire life! You just watch other people fighting and say welL i would have dont a front crane **** slap against him and would have won.

The one thing boxers know how to do is control the tempo of a fight. IT is very easy for us to do. ALl we have to do is stay within punchign range and your kicks are useless. You might get one off but it would be weak as hell.

Dont believe me, well lets talk about RANDY COUTURE. HE went up against the best kickboxer CHuck liddel and chuck was doing his fancy kicks all night and they werent working. All Randy did was stay close and not let him get off any kicks. He tried but they did little. Every time he tried a kick he would just jab him right in the face. IT was the classic KIckboxer vs. Boxer.

So go back and meditate under your waterfalls and walk around in your chinese uniforms thinking your stupid ass monks.

Wattah- What the **** are you talking about. Man lololol your a moron. Boxing has survived through the ages because of its simplicity. IT is so easy to apply in actual fights.

BUt then look at the traditional martial arts. AHAHAHAH man trying to fight someone in a low horse stance. AHAHAHH it woudl be so funny watchign a guy squaring up to me totally off balance if I charge him with a flurry of punches.

Traditional Martial arts are dead. They have no point in todays society. That is like taking putting a samurai against a marine with a M4 Carbine.

BOXING SUPERIOR TO YOUR PATHETIC LITTLE KUNG FU. SURE YOU MAY HAVE MORE OPTIONS BUT WE HAVE WAY MORE FIGHT TIME. WE KNOW WHAT IT LIKE IS TO FIGHT FOR 45 MIN STRAIGHT. NOT A MERE 10 SEC OF POINT SPARRING.

PLUS BOXERS ARE EXCELLENT AT ADAPTING TO DIFFERENT STYLES. IF YOU THROW A KICK AND WE GET HIT WE ARE GONNA KNOW WHAT TO LOOK OUT FOR.

Man there is nothign like sparring for 2 hours straight. You reach your physical limit and right when you think you cant go on, you cant throw another punch, you just dig deep and push past it, and continue the fight til one of you isnt standign any more.

mods are having too much fun laughing at his ignorance. and so am i.

Originally posted by EuropeanBoxer
    Wattah- What the **** are you talking about. Man lololol your a moron. Boxing has survived through the ages because of its simplicity. IT is so easy to apply in actual fights.
    "Boxing" as it's arranged today, is less that 100 years old.

BUt then look at the traditional martial arts. AHAHAHAH man trying to fight someone in a low horse stance. AHAHAHH it woudl be so funny watchign a guy squaring up to me totally off balance if I charge him with a flurry of punches.
    Spoken like a pre-pubescent mouthing off about his knowledge of sex...

BOXING SUPERIOR TO YOUR PATHETIC LITTLE KUNG FU. SURE YOU MAY HAVE MORE OPTIONS BUT WE HAVE WAY MORE FIGHT TIME. WE KNOW WHAT IT LIKE IS TO FIGHT FOR 45 MIN STRAIGHT. NOT A MERE 10 SEC OF POINT SPARRING.
    There's plenty of us who train for 45+ minutes. It's not a big deal, EB.

PLUS BOXERS ARE EXCELLENT AT ADAPTING TO DIFFERENT STYLES. IF YOU THROW A KICK AND WE GET HIT WE ARE GONNA KNOW WHAT TO LOOK OUT FOR.
    Yeah, the floor.

Man there is nothign like sparring for 2 hours straight. You reach your physical limit and right when you think you cant go on, you cant throw another punch, you just dig deep and push past it, and continue the fight til one of you isnt standign any more.
    There is nothing like getting laid for two hours straight, either. But you wouldn't know anything about that, would you?

Red face Time for a Kick to the Table AND the PELVIS . . . VA, if you please . . .

I am Shin Akuma! Fear Me, Oh Lowly EuroTrash Boxer!
    Verily, I forsee your raping by a gang of rabid vampire lawn gnomes! It will involve syrup (LIKE THE STUFF ON PANCAKES!!!)!

Indeed, Boxing is Mighty! But, Kung Fu and Toudijutsu Doth Smack it About in Non-Rule Environs Like it 'Twas Our B!TCH!
    'Cause it IS!

Bow Down, Bizzatch!

Boxing is good. The pre-Queensbury stuff was the shizzat. But, since you are probably masturbating to seeing all these posts under your name . . .

There's Your Mommy! Stumbling out my closet!
    BreakProof Back® Back Health & Athletic Performance
    https://sellfy.com/p/BoZg/

"Who dies first," he mumbled through smashed and bloody lips.

11. Thumbs up

This thread has attracted a LOT of replies,which is pretty good for a troll post,right?
    I think EB may even have some point at best,insults aside.
    How about taking time and refuting his arguments for good (assuming he has arguments) if it comes down to that?
    The sunset´s setting down.Lay me on the forest floor.

I do not necessarily stand behind all of the statements I have made in the past, in this forum. Some of the statements may have appeared to support a biased view of reality, and may have been offensive. If you are a moral person and were hurt by comments that I made, you can PM me about it and I will apologize if I find your cause reasonable.
    -FC, summer of 2006-

NO!!!

That would take time, effort, and a sense of right and wrong.

BreakProof Back® Back Health & Athletic Performance
    https://sellfy.com/p/BoZg/

"Who dies first," he mumbled through smashed and bloody lips.

I box too, I just like to flame people
    All right now, son, I want you to get a good night's rest. And remember, I could murder you while you sleep.
    Hey son, I bought you a puppy today after work. But then I killed it and ate it! Hahah, I´m just kidding. I would never buy you a puppy.

"Three witches watch three Swatch watches. Which witch watch which Swatch watch?"

"Three switched witches watch three Swatch watch switches. Which switched witch watch which Swatch watch switch?."

EuropeanBoxer

I box and do CMA,ya wanna spar??

Gloves or no gloves,makes no difference to me,if ya want to go to the ground then thats fine to,where ya at,lets get together.

Boxing vs. CMA....
    if there were no gloves, CMA would win.
    Gloves, boxing might stand a chance...
    cuz of all their rules.
    "Don't Focus on the Fingers or You will miss all the Heavenly Glory!"

Morbicid-"Maybe some moves are made just so that, if u somehow manage to pull them off in a fight, u get some serious bragging rights.

Many famous fighters have done this (roy jones jr, chuck norris, Morbicid, etc)"