Thread: ot: R.I.P. Celia Cruz

that sh!ts all over the radio here...Couple of the women I work with were all upset...

Not only her, but Compay Segundo, one of the old masters in the Buena Vista Social Club died the same day. As I said in Got Qi, Cuban music has taken a beating.
    All my fight strategy is based on deliberately injuring my opponents. -
    Crippled Avenger

"It is the same in all wars; the soldiers do the fighting, the journalists do the shouting, and no true patriot ever get near a front-line trench, except on the briefest of propoganda visits...Perhaps when the next great war comes we may see that sight unprecendented in all history, a jingo with a bullet-hole in him."

First you get good, then you get fast, then you get good and fast.

It's sad man...

I was raised listening to Celia... amongst others...

regretably Segundo only just reciently recieved his much deserved exposure...

these are sad cultural losses...

el azúcar se va

Well, she led a full life, performing regularly until recently. It was sad to watch the tribute show when it first came out earlier this year, and I couldn't bear to watch it again last night. But if you are philosophically inclined, she did pretty much everything she could have in her life, maintained a positive image and message and brought joy to people all over the world. Her music will continue to be enjoyed by generations to come. Thanks Celia! The sad thing is that she never was able to return to her native land.

No hay que llorar - La vida es un Carnaval - y las penas se van cantando...

Unhappy

Descanse en pas Celia Cruz y Compay Segundo.

regretably Segundo only just reciently recieved his much deserved exposure...

That is so true.

AZÚCAR

I have one of her albums and it's completely awesome. R.I.P. Celia Cruz
    I do not ever see Sifu do anything that could be construed as a hula dancer- hasayfu

Unhappy

It just doesn't get any better than her singing with Tito Puente. I'll miss her alot.

True it's sad.

God bless her soul.

However I'm not too sad for her passing away. I know she's in a much better place now and her time had come. One thing is for sure she was a type of person that could be liked by anyone. For her, life was a just one big party and that's how we have to look at things.

Rest in peace Celia Cruz.
    killer kung fu commando streetfighter who has used his devastating fighting system to defeat hordes of attackers in countless combat situations

Thumbs up

i'll drink to that
    peace Celia
    All right now, son, I want you to get a good night's rest. And remember, I could murder you while you sleep.
    Hey son, I bought you a puppy today after work. But then I killed it and ate it! Hahah, I´m just kidding. I would never buy you a puppy.

"Three witches watch three Swatch watches. Which witch watch which Swatch watch?"

"Three switched witches watch three Swatch watch switches. Which switched witch watch which Swatch watch switch?."