Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Shaolin Qi Gong Questions

i want to explain why i made this question...

i saw so many times in t.v,ths kind of demostrations,and i'm proud to say that i believed everyone,but then i come to china,and one day sitting on the temple,having lunch,one of the chinese take his bowl,put it in his stomach and,,,,,,,,tarararan!!!!!! the bowl was stuck in his stomach,and this was the beggining of the end,i stand up fast and i ask:how?,he laught,and after 3 attempts the bowl was stuck in MY stomach,the next day,i was so courious about chi kung,that i ask about the spear thing.he do it in front on me,easily,and after he tell me,try,so i put the spear on my troat,and i start to push carefully,my first think was,"this is imposible",so i ask him if there is any kind of trick,and he answer,train a little bit every day...
    2 weeks later,i bend my first spear,and i don't remember any blue lights pointing me,with no ambience music,and i wasn't in ma bu with my hands trembling,taking the chi of the dan tien and bringing to my troat.
    metal bar----- succes1 day(painful,but was my first attempt)
    needle and cristal---- succes 1 day (the needle was quite big,and the crisstal quit thin,and very well suported)
    also i tried to brake the briks,and i think is quite easy with techniqe an speed.

sorry for the boring story,but what i want to say is WHY?.

i mean,there is a mix between,trick,techniqe,practice,no fear.but defintly no chi gong.

is shaolin kung fu becoming a "circus"?
    i came here because i want to be a teacher,but i'm sure i will never teach this kind of things...

if somebody want i can take some videos of me donig this,but you need to explain me how to post it in the net.
    son of the light

You're probably born with good chi. One in a million individuals will train to become great masters. too bad you underestimate your gift.

is shaolin kung fu becoming a "circus"?

Study your history. Shaolin kung fu has always been a circus - a zen circus. You just got to figure out if you're a juggler, a lion tamer, an MC, a trapeze artist or a clown. I'm guessing most of us are clowns.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

a clown can be a very useful thing to be. afterall, it is difficult to attack when you are laughing.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Isn't a shaolin worth 10,000 soldiers?

10,000 soldiers?

How much is that in clowns?
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Last edited by David Jamieson; 08-18-2005 at 01:01 PM.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

100s, 1000s or whatever you get the picture.

Hello all,

I'm new here and quite new in Shaolin Kungfu.
    I like Kungfu very much so I went to China and at the moment I stay in Deng Feng training in a small school but there's no Qi Gong, I don't know why, no Chin Na and the sanda is very different. But the training is very hard and a lot of hours per day, I hope I can do it for 2 months.

@Yen23
    I saw you train in Deng Feng too, maybe we can meet one time. I would like to ask you some questions about that Qi Gong because there's a lot I don't understand. Is it real or not ?? I saw the Shaolin Monks in a Show in Europe with their incredible skills. You seem to have good skills also, you learned very fast Qi Gong, maybe you can help me !!

@all
    Why Shaolin is a circus ??
    Is not Shaolin the birthplace of a martial arts ??

Thanx for information !!

Thomas
    Last edited by ShaolinFighter; 08-23-2005 at 10:41 PM.

yen23
    ask them how they are able to be kicked in the balls/nutsack and not be hurt?
    and ask them to teach u too
    and then tell me the secrets to that too
    thanks
    Teo Chew Association: Unicorn Dragon and Lion Dance Team
    潮州會館 麒麟龍獅團
    http://www.facebook.com/TctLionDance

United States Dragon & Lion Dance Federation
    usdldf.org

No Limit Arts & Gifts
    http://www.facebook.com/NoLagX

Quote Originally Posted by Pk_StyLeZ
    yen23
    ask them how they are able to be kicked in the balls/nutsack and not be hurt?
    and ask them to teach u too
    and then tell me the secrets to that too
    thanks
    You do the exercises that will thin the external oblique aponeurosis.
    This in turn will lead to an expanded external inguinal ring.
    Then it's a matter of retraction exercises much like qigongs.

I'm sure you can guess at what the exercises are to do the first that facilitates the second. But do you really want to go through with it?
    Kung Fu is good for you.

unfortunatly,i only saw this in video,and nobody in my school had try this before...

but,in the documentary i see with a "monk" doing this in underwear it looks like the other guy is not really kicking his friend,and may be is kicking a little bit behind the "balls"?
    i really don't know the techniqe of this,but i'm sure it's nothing about qi gong...

and i ask you:

you think that this monk can control his chi,so the chi recovered his balls, protecting him from the kick?

i hope you understand the question,my english is not very correct
    son of the light

i saw a video...of this *monk group* goin to some government place and asked this political guy to kick the monk in the balls...and the guy was kicking him there..i highly doubt the political guy was told to kick behind the balls......
    and as for u..u broke a metal bar like nothing.....u bent a spear in 2 weeks....wat can be so hard bout being kicked in the balls trick??come on do it and learn it and teach me

and as for if i think the monks can really control their chi and wat not...i could care less what they can do...chi or no chi...i give them balls and mad PROPS for attempting those *stunts or tricks*.....cuz i know eve though they might be tricks...that still practice it and practice a lot before they go out and perform it....i know they train a lot more hardcore then i do so i stil got respect for dem

and if u ask me if i giv u balls or props for breakint he metal bar and bending the spear..i giv u props and balls too =)
    now go teach me the kicking the ball trick =)
    Teo Chew Association: Unicorn Dragon and Lion Dance Team
    潮州會館 麒麟龍獅團
    http://www.facebook.com/TctLionDance

United States Dragon & Lion Dance Federation
    usdldf.org

No Limit Arts & Gifts
    http://www.facebook.com/NoLagX

I agree. If its a trick its a good one to know in a fight.

allways the same story.....

you should read the beggining of the tread,i didn't say that all this performances are easy,and i didn't say i can do all the performances they do,i just ask why they call this qi gong?

because i learn qi gong before,and it was slow movements for have a better flowing of energy in the meridians,for stretch you tendons,for strengh it,but not for brake things in your head,or be able to receive kicks in the balls.

anyway,believe what you want...
    son of the light