Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Bruce Lee

Originally posted by diego
    Two things i want to know out of bored curiosity...why did it take wjm two decades orso to speak up?...if he won doesn't that mean bruce had to quit teaching...did he?.
    From what I understand the confrontation was not about BL teaching whites, or that if he lost he would have to stop teaching.

But I think he needed to proof himself to the local CMA community to get their support as an authorised CMA teacher.

2- what did bruce say about taichi?...did he diss the art or was he just mocking all the fat masters in hong kong who talk about they killer chi but can't kill a flea?.
    From what I heard he is said to have studied TJQ at a young age from his father. But than he was acting at a yong age too so time might have been limited. Also during his teens he also took dancing lessons and I doubt if he skipped school.

Many of his saying are bassically pure TJQ, but I get the feeling that he never fully understood them.

Also I see very little of TJQ in his fighting or in his life, he seems to have gone for one extreme and stuck to it.

We know that he was rather arrogant even as a teen, rumours of him showing up early to class to tell the otehr students that class been canceled so that he could have private lessons, etc.

IMHO, he failed as a husband and father.

Let the flaming begin.

Originally posted by diego
    Two things i want to know out of bored curiosity...why did it take wjm two decades orso to speak up?...if he won doesn't that mean bruce had to quit teaching...did he?.
    if you read the article, it said WJM spoke up a week or two after the fight; he originally didn't because they had made an agreement to not speak of the outcome, but supposedly bruce broke that. after that he spoke out about the fight. the article said he openly challenged bruce again (if bruce thought he had won) by putting sometihng on the front page of the local chinese newspaper.
    Travis

structure in motion

Isn't it common within CMA circles that what happens at the challenge stays between the participants and is not revealed to the outside.

So if BL spoke about it first, didn't he go against tradition and rules?

So if BL spoke about it first, didn't he go against tradition and rules?
    Well, didn't he go against a lot of traditions and rules?

Originally posted by truewrestler
    Well, didn't he go against a lot of traditions and rules?
    Like??