Thread: Fu-kien/Fujian Southern White Crane

Fu-kien/Fujian Southern White Crane

Anyone else train this style of southern crane as well?

It's not really my thing to train but I do it cause I study under Dr. Yang Jwing Ming and White Crane is his specialty. Though he trains us extensively in Northern Long Fist as well. I'm more of a Long Fist guy. But the White Crane is much more difficult for me. Anyways, I was just wondering if there are others outside of the YMAA organization that trains this style of Crane anywhere else in the world. Though I believe in Taiwan there are few that are still practicing this style of southern White Crane.

Ren Blade,

I beleive we've had this conversation before. Sadly you won't find too many White Crane people "Out There".

Our own is linked to our official Patron, Great Master Ruan Dong of Fuzhou, Fujian, China. (See:
    http:home.austarnet.com.au/tsuruken)

Best wishes!
    Ron Goninan - Chairman
    KOBGK Paihequan International

E-mail: tsuruken@austarnet.com.au
    Web Site: http://home.austarnet.com.au/tsuruken

Well, there's still a lot of crane guys in Taiwan. But, most of them don't speak english, so you certainly won't find them here.

If you read and write chinese, I can give you the url to a crane board, you'll find some kindred spirits there.

If you take a look a the current issue of Kung Fu/Qi Gong magazine, you'll find two articles on fujian cranes. One is about Gene and KF/QG magazine crew's visit to Taiwan and the Taiwan Crane. The other is about a teacher in Fujian, China. Interesting read.

The taiwan master really showed dedication as there's a photograph of his feet. you can see severe deformation due to the specific stance used by crane. Boy, for that kind of deformation to take place, it take years of heavy stress training.

There's also photos of traditional weight training equipment used. Big stone locks and big and I mean big stone rings. I saw iron rings before but these stone rings were a whole different matter.

I am sure Gene can fill you in on that.

wm
    Last edited by WanderingMonk; 07-23-2003 at 08:25 PM.