Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: kungfu training

kungfu training

people in kungfu will train forms and stances. But then they say that they don't fight that way at all. They say that they come up out of their deep stances and don't use the form's techniques.

This is why kung fu doens't work in real life. The way they train is not used. So all the time training forms and drills is a waste.

Boxing on the otherhand trains in the same way that they fight. they Never train punches in an incorrect way, then execute them in a real fight a different way. Everything is the same. Trained punches are the same as punches during a real fight. Also boxing has a superior strategy of keeping Both your hands up and slipping punches.

Boxing doesn't worry about the "looks" or flashy kung fu forms. it accepts what fights really look like and trains that way. the way that works. And for punching boxing is the best. But you need wrestling for after you are clinched or for shooting for takedown. And BJJ is the best on the ground as BJJ is undefeated agaisnt kungfu.

And kung fu people can't fight without first learning BJJ, boxing, Wrestling, ect. That's why Wrestlers and BJJ'ers are the only ones who can fight without learing other styles first. BJJer's don't need to learn kung fu to fight. But kung fu's need BJJ before they can fight.

it's really funny that a TKD black belt and boxer guy Cung Lee has been whipping up on the kung fu guys in San shou. lol.

think i'm gonna go kill myself now...
    I Love It When They Call Me Pork Chop-pa

ever seen a boxer fight outside the ring without gloves on? they break their hands half the time.
    so yes, they DO train punches one way, and then when called upon to use them, they can't (in a real-life fight) unless they execute them differently.

ever seen a bjj guy fight multiple opponents? some of his techniques aren't real wise to use in that situation.

your argument is flawed.

Welcome back Ralek.. glad to see you spewing the same crap.
    practice wu de

Actually I bored everyone to death. Even Buddhist and Taoist monks fell asleep.....SPJ

Forums are no fun if I can't mess with your head. Or your colon...
    uh-oh, I hope no one quotes me on that....Gene Ching

I'm not Normal.... RD on his crying my b!tch left me thread

actually training deep kung fu stances is teh worst thing you can use for multiple opponents. Try to use that one legged crane stance when 50 sumo wrestlers are all around you, and then your going to get sumoed.

BJJ fighters practice escaping multiple opponetents by running away(the only real effective way) and training boxing to pick people off. And if you hit them in the jaw area you won't break your hand. you only break hand by hitting their top of head with overhand crosses.

and the original boxing matcheds were bare hands. Boxing is a bare hand style that has evolved to gloves

Re: kungfu training

Originally posted by Ralek
    But then they say that they don't fight that way at all. They say that they come up out of their deep stances...
    Not all of us. Many of us train in very moderate stances, just as we might wish to use martially, and find the above position as puzzling as you do.

Why are you talking bad about Kung Fu? Are you racism against Chinese?
    I have no idea what WD is talking about.--Royal Dragon

shaddap d o o f, that argument's flawed.

old time boxers used to pickle their hands to avoid breaks (sound familiar?). Also if you hit a heavy bag a few times a week for at least a round, without gloves it shouldn't be a problem.

And the "grappler's stink vs multiple opponents" hoopla; I gotta go with good ole MP. You realize what can take your balance & how to keep it real well when you actually train full out in having someone try to take it. Plus, if yah don't train on the ground, what do you do when it goes there beyond your control? How do you move, so you can get back up, so you can end the rain of kicks to your head?

Not to mention that you got baited, hook, line, and sinker by the forum's oldest and most prolific troll.

I'm so depressed right now I think I'm just gonna tune everything out and go back to dreaming about vegas.
    Last edited by Jowbacca; 07-23-2003 at 07:41 PM.
    I Love It When They Call Me Pork Chop-pa

Ralek is back.

Time to go and hunt me some Bambi.
    Witty signature under construction.

Why are you takin the clown serious? He's the most famous troll ever. He rules Your all idiots if u start a discussion of this crap. That's what he wants.
    All right now, son, I want you to get a good night's rest. And remember, I could murder you while you sleep.
    Hey son, I bought you a puppy today after work. But then I killed it and ate it! Hahah, I´m just kidding. I would never buy you a puppy.

"Three witches watch three Swatch watches. Which witch watch which Swatch watch?"

"Three switched witches watch three Swatch watch switches. Which switched witch watch which Swatch watch switch?."

deep stances extend your root, help you to grip when you need it. not made for fighting.

Originally posted by Kristoffer
    Why are you takin the clown serious? He's the most famous troll ever. He rules Your all idiots if u start a discussion of this crap. That's what he wants.
    Naah, he has nothing on ACAMAC.

Now there is a TRULY EXCELLENT Troll.
    Witty signature under construction.

Thumbs up

This place has actually been LACKING trolls lately. Kinda weird when u think about it
    All right now, son, I want you to get a good night's rest. And remember, I could murder you while you sleep.
    Hey son, I bought you a puppy today after work. But then I killed it and ate it! Hahah, I´m just kidding. I would never buy you a puppy.

"Three witches watch three Swatch watches. Which witch watch which Swatch watch?"

"Three switched witches watch three Swatch watch switches. Which switched witch watch which Swatch watch switch?."