Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: kungfu training

Last edited by berserker on 07-24-2003 at 07:34 AM
    Cripes, I'd hate to have seen that before the edit.
    All my fight strategy is based on deliberately injuring my opponents. -
    Crippled Avenger

"It is the same in all wars; the soldiers do the fighting, the journalists do the shouting, and no true patriot ever get near a front-line trench, except on the briefest of propoganda visits...Perhaps when the next great war comes we may see that sight unprecendented in all history, a jingo with a bullet-hole in him."

First you get good, then you get fast, then you get good and fast.

Originally posted by red5angel

Just to warn you fu-pau, this forum is going to destory you
    Really? Should I warn my insurance company? Am I personally covered for "Forum Destruction" or is that an exclusion?
    Now I'm really scared…

Re: kungfu training

Originally posted by Ralek
    people in kungfu will train forms and stances. But then they say that they don't fight that way at all. They say that they come up out of their deep stances and don't use the form's techniques.

This is why kung fu doens't work in real life. The way they train is not used. So all the time training forms and drills is a waste.

it's really funny that a TKD black belt and boxer guy Cung Lee has been whipping up on the kung fu guys in San shou. lol.
    Firstly Ralek, when a boxer trains, he doesn't just stand around punching all day long. He does sit-up, press-ups, skipping etc. Kungfu forms are no different to a boxer studying those drills. We learn deep stances only as a way of strengthing our legs, we do long punches (called "yoke" punches) simpy as a way of learning to drop our shoulders and to learn our limitations.

But to catagories "boxing beats kungfu" or "tkd beats San Shou" is not very wise, simply because the style of the fighter has absolutely no bearing on how well he fights.

There is a saying in China "After one year, Boxer beats crap out of Shaolin; after 7 years Shaolin beats crap out of 4 boxers". The learning curve in kungfu is enourmous.

Kungfu is very hard to learn, it is not likely you will ever come across someone who can fight using kungfu. But do not look forward to the day you do, I have met people from T'ai Chi to Pak mei who could put 8 men down without breaking a sweat. But those people are few and far between, and certainly aren't going to be entering competitions.

Originally posted by berserker

You guys are right kung fu guys are mostly painsywaists. They are just too REASONABLE like the flying flags and gorgeous uniforms and the soft life and thumping people with their finger chi and their evil eye. if you want to fight then you JUST fight and prepare to fight and be ready to fight and don't worry where and when.
    So fighters fight and nonfighters not fight so like when i was in line in the bus station and someone was bothering me i slammed my shoulder into their head and like if they were close enough to get slammed then he deserved it and stunned he was and if he was short enough that my shoulder could fit into his head he deserved to get stunned done, which he did.
    So i just use whatever whenever but if i was a pansywaist kung fu guy i couldnt do that but i am berserker the kungfu fighter guy so i can do that so do you think you can? think about it, do you have fire inside and your body on lock and load, i sure do!

Like you prepare, like prepare a steel bar wrapped in a newspaper i know about this i can show you and every strike breaks a bone, believe me i know, i really know.
    DECEPTION and MISDIRECTION its all kungfu and the iron bar newspaper is one of the best deception, it looks so harmless and deception at one of its best looks so light and harmless and with the kungfu low crouching and whack his knees or shins for the first strike or break a forearm that doesn't know any better.
    So MAKE it you know, have it ready when your troublemaker comes round or carry it around as REQUIRED reading. So secure only one sheet of paper with lots of pics to shown its a newspaper securely with celotape to the bar before you roll it, then you must COVER the newspaper with cello as well or the print comes off it your hands and it loses it's look and you must leave an overlap at each end and then cut and glue some rolls to guise the ends so they don't gleam and there you GO!!! No one can know.
    Use it! That's the point for a fighter. That's what its for, to fight, thats what kungfu is for for a kungfu fighter.
    So i'm a kungfu fighter an anything fighter a fighter in fact. But you really sound like you were kicked in the head by a mad cow Mr. R caz you sound so confused about fighting. What's the problem? Just do it any way you want.
    Never mind about not getting hurt i always get hurt. All that punching in the air and on the bag then on one job i did bagwork on my bosses head and i cracked my wrist. How's that for uselessness? Always get hurt. He rushed me to strangle me and i got a good one circular to his jaw and he went over his heels then i turned his face into a golf ball like. Like he was so mad he wanted to kill me har har i wonder why? thats another kung fu tecknique, get to their minds. Anything goes. Anyway i only got a seven day suspension so it was wellworth it, he being an oppressor of the masses and an oppressor of me, so don't worry i gave him a few good ones for all the little guys who couldn't fight back, like don't worry trust me, he was the BAD guy, i'm the good guy, i did it ffor all of us.

So there you know! CAN YOU GET IT? answer is motivation. Fire in the brain, berserker in the heart.
    IF you don't believe you'll never find NEVER NEVER LAND AND TINKER BELL WILL DIE!!!! understand me? you gotta hate the SOB MF and WANT him UNDER the ground not on it.
    Then you don't have to think about anything or worry about anything or get confused like Mr. R.
    WANT not THINK, separates the pansies from the pepper spray.
    omg
    like can u make that more clear.
    only a white sash !!! for now....

this forum must be onthe brink of death to bring back Ralek and some new trolls

dawood
    Peace is not the product of terror or fear.
    Peace is not the silence of cemeteries.
    Peace is not the silent result of violent repression.
    Peace is the generous, tranquil contribution of all to the good of all.
    Peace is dynamism. Peace is generosity.
    It is right and it is duty.

Kungfu training is kungfu training. Do it, or don't do it, that's really all there is to it.

As for trolls, what kind of life are you living when this trolling is your source of communication. It's pathetic really. I picture a group of nerds, who have banded together because they lack the ability to communicate with other human beings and have decided to use their combined nerd powers to attempt ticking off people on the net.

hee hee. ridiculous.

cheers
    Kung Fu is good for you.

"tkd beats San Shou"
    BULLSNOT!!!! ..................... ..........
    "pain is not my enemy; it is my call to greatness. " - Henry Rollins

Baltimore San Shou

WWW.NLPF.NET

“The only undefeated fighters are those who do not compete.” – Coach Sonnon, MMA.tv

I think white_sash is Rolls
    Anyone who writes this crap must be a troll

Tyson would move in and bruce lee would kick him in the temple before tyson even saw it. also bruce lee is alot more flexibe so he could avoid tyson and go in underneath....

All right now, son, I want you to get a good night's rest. And remember, I could murder you while you sleep.
    Hey son, I bought you a puppy today after work. But then I killed it and ate it! Hahah, I´m just kidding. I would never buy you a puppy.

"Three witches watch three Swatch watches. Which witch watch which Swatch watch?"

"Three switched witches watch three Swatch watch switches. Which switched witch watch which Swatch watch switch?."

...coz we all know that Bruce aint all that 'flexible' these days

All right now, son, I want you to get a good night's rest. And remember, I could murder you while you sleep.
    Hey son, I bought you a puppy today after work. But then I killed it and ate it! Hahah, I´m just kidding. I would never buy you a puppy.

"Three witches watch three Swatch watches. Which witch watch which Swatch watch?"

"Three switched witches watch three Swatch watch switches. Which switched witch watch which Swatch watch switch?."

yes your right
    but when he was at the peak of his fitness, bruce was certainly amazing. (i mean doing press ups with one finger) i dont think i will ever be able to do that.
    he was the symbol the kung fu strength.

"TKD beats san shou"

Well. there is some convincing evidence to suggest that this is true. Such as the results of actually san shou fights where TKDer's mopped the floor with the san shou guys. Sport TKD black belt Cung Le has moved on to become the champion of San Shou and has defeated many chinese fighters.

TKD may be stupid compared to BJJ. But what is stupider? The stupid? or the thign that gets defeated by the stupid? TKD champion Cung Le is kicking ass and taking names.

And another thing. Your all saying that the traditional techniques and forms are not for fighting, but for exercise. OK, i got it. Now what techniques do you use for fighting? Can you describe some techniques that are for fighitng (not excersies).

xebby is no more, his creator dwells elsewhere
    yeah this trolls have no respect
    i think they should all be tortured
    all of them people that trolls
    and have more than one name
    "If you're havin girl problems i feel bad for you son
    I got 99 problems but a bitch ain't one"

"If you can't respect that your whole perspective is wack
    Maybe you'll love me when i fade to black"

http://www.hotornot.com/r/?eid=OQSURMO&key=FMA

http://www.funkyfurley.com/hwarang/53.swf

go to the link above and bask in bruce lees greatness.
    (especiallly you ralek)
    let it load by the way it is worth it.

yeah this trolls have no respect
    i think they should all be tortured
    all of them people that trolls
    and have more than one name
    I agree, Ral... er....Xebby.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

I use only one name. Ralek. The only time i've changed names is when i was banned. Check my IP address if you think soemoen is me.

And what techniques does kung fu use that are for fighting?(not exercise)