Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: wah lum weapons

Here's a funny WL weapons story.....

At a Tigerfork seminar at the Temple, my KF brother and I arrived and were in line to pick up our weapons (the tigerfork itself was included in the price of the seminar). Unfortunately, MC didn't have enough tigerforks, so he started giving away the ones reserved for his "core" students! I (luckily) got the last new one, but my KF brother got one marked "Dean Wong"! DW was nowhere in sight, so what was my KF brother to do? MC had personally handed it to him. Well, we started playing around with our forks in an attempt to familiarize ourselves with them before the seminar began, and my KF brother realizes that his fork is slightly bent. He braces the fork and attempts to straighten it and....Snap!!!!! The forks break off!!!! Seconds later, DW shows up and can't find his fork. He goes around and checks everyones to see if someone accidently grabbed it. Unfortunately, he finds it in my KF brothers hands, now in two pieces! Nedless to say, DW wasn't happy! My KF brother felt terrible, but he really wanted to run and hide when DW exclaimed "Man, someone needs to teach that guy an emptyhand set instead"!!!!

LOL
    "Do not follow in the footsteps of the men of old, seek what they sought"

Hua Lin

TT is STILL really good........
    "Do not follow in the footsteps of the men of old, seek what they sought"

Me too...

Hua Lin,

I had a similar Di So Gee problem, except mine was at the last huge Boston demonstration in front of 1800+ people. I hit it so hard ( I was a little nervous, I guess ) that the chain smashed into little pieces and the cudgel end went "boink" across the stage. I just finished the form as if nothing had happened, but I went through every version of a swear that begins with the letter "F" in my head.

I can't begin to tell you the sound of 1800 people gasping in shame at the same time. At the banquet the next day I was greeted with "hey tough break last night" and similar quips of humor...

To boot, my moment of shame was caught on video for me to relive over and over and over and over and over and over and over...

)))Solar Stance(((

SolarStance, you've got spirit. It's better to try something and go through with it despite the pressure and having regrets afterwards about what didn't go right... otherwise you'd be having regrets about not getting the chance to have these regrets. Without failure there is no learning. So in a very real sense, if you come out of a failure which is a unique experience that doesn't kill you or worsen your life situation (or those you care about) then I would say that you're on the winning side. I see absolutley no shame in such a thing. Kudos my man!
    Last edited by Mr.Binx; 08-05-2003 at 08:15 PM.
    -Mr.Binx

"I think therefore I think I am."

Jack Squat,

I'd say TT is the best kept secret on the east coast.

I agree with you Mr. Binx, Solar should be proud that he had the fortitude and b*lls to keep going. Too many would have stopped or got flustered. No way would I have said "tough break man" I would have high fived you! Nothing wrong with going to the edge...

Woliveri

I`d say the best kept secret on the east coast and your west coast, is Shrfu John Scolaro.

Sonds like we have two best kept secrets in FL.

Woliveri, what set TT apart in your opinion?
    "Grow through Pain." - Tainan Mantis

Well, at the risk of getting my post deleted... here you are.

yu shan,
    Since I don't know John I can't comment on that. I take your word for it.

Joe, No BS Politics associated with the temple. Doesn't put up with it either. No BS drawing out/parcing out of forms where you get one part this year and maybe, just maybe you'll get the rest before you die. No holding back or hiding information/playing games. You ask, he tells what he knows. A much greater array of material. Internal, External, Qi Gong, TCM, He's a bear. Also not afraid to teach applications. TT is a straight up, down to earth guy and he absolutely loves the MAs.

I use to have a lot of trouble doing shows one day I screwed up so bad I did not even know what form I was doing. Sifu just waved me off, thanks, Sifu. After that I really improved focusing on the form I was doing and not the people around. The tiger fork seminar was awesome and I really enjoy doing that form in shows. Last year in Ybor City we did a show I was doing tiger fork with one of my brothers from Gainesville. Toward the end I drop my weapon… I know! Luckily no one was in the way and I picked my weapon and continued with out missing a lick. I sustain a bent center fork but since I have a more northern style tiger fork it did not break. Since that experience I have learned a few more things about doing my forms and how important control is especially in front of a crowd. As for mistakes I enjoy making them when I know that I have and can learn from them. I think the worst is if your make a mistake and don’t even know it, and then keep on doing it.

RibHit
    fm
    RibHit
    “Being fast is fine but accuracy is everything.”
    Wyatt Erupt
    Feeling jumpy!!!
    Thread Killer...>>>
    Tommy M