Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Q: I'm looking for a good set of daggers.

Q: I'm looking for a good set of daggers.

I've been searching on the web for a good set of daggers and have come up short. I would prefer that they were made from one piece since I will be throwing them as well. I have contemplated finding a good set of throwing daggers and covering the handle in leather or rubber. I need a 3" - 4" blade, and the handle needs to be around 2.5". Also the 'butt end' of the handle cannot be too large, I will be pivoting the dagger from a pointing upwards position to pointing downwards. Has anyone come across something like this?
    themeecer actually shares a lot of the passion that Bruce Lee had about adopting techniques into your own way of 'expressing yourself.'
    -shaolinarab
    (Nicest thing ever said about me on these boards.)

cxxx[]:::::::::::>
    Behold, I see my father and mother.
    I see all my dead relatives seated.
    I see my master seated in Paradise and Paradise is beautiful and green; with him are men and boy servants.
    He calls me. Take me to him.

Well, about that size .. but I want real blades, not punched out pieces of chrome. Thanks for the link .. I hadn't seen this site.
    themeecer actually shares a lot of the passion that Bruce Lee had about adopting techniques into your own way of 'expressing yourself.'
    -shaolinarab

I think Blackjack posted some good links awhile ago.

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA
    Cold Steel, baby.

http://www.coldsteel.com/

and where else can you get a nice assegai but

http://www.coldsteel.com/spears-high...ce-spears.html
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

Oso .. that is exactly what I was looking for. The peace keeper II knife looks perfect.
    ....edit....

Also I'll have to construct some kind of sheath for them, I like the two knives to be held together instead of seperate sheaths. But once again thanks for the link, these knives look nice.
    Last edited by themeecer; 07-28-2003 at 11:08 PM.
    -shaolinarab

I hope you are at least throwing them AT the opponent.

3 PAIRS OF KNIVES????

A little underdressed don't you think?
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

Meh, if you're really fighting the good fight you should go for Seven... check out this book and ask cold Steel if they'll make you replicas of the Daggers of Meggido! Let's really get that Armageddon rolling!

BTW, they probably sell all kinds of sheaths too.
    its safe to say that I train some martial arts. Im not that good really, but most people really suck, so I feel ok about that - Sunfist

Sometime blog on training esp in Japan

Hehe .. should I bring more? If CMA is noted for one thing it is overkill.

.............edit.............

Last edited by themeecer; 07-28-2003 at 11:10 PM.
    -shaolinarab

reminds me of a gnome character I had once in D&D.

He carried two short spears, two throwing axes, two throwing knives and a short sword.

Round 1 - Throw both spears
    Round 2 - Throw both axes
    Round 3 - Throw both knives
    Round 4 - Run like h e l l.

He had hi dex but low strength. mostly used the short sword to open kegs.

Geek
    I see my master seated in Paradise and Paradise is beautiful and green; with him are men and boy servants.

Ok .. I don't think I have ever LOL outloud in real life .. but I sure did then. I played D&D years ago and in the past month or so started checking it out with the release of the 3.5 books. I have asked one of my old D&D buddies, "Were we ever that geeky?" I couldn't believe what I was seeing when I walked into a gaming store for the first time in many years. I was like the utterly most cool guy there. It got my wheels going .... maybe we should check out this "Gencon" gaming convention coming up this past weekend. We could like have any woman there. Lol Problem is, I don't think I would be attracted to the type of woman that would go to these conventions. It tickled me to hear you call Oso a geek after hearing it from some of my female friends in the past few weeks when they saw my gaming books on my kitchen table.
    -shaolinarab

Geek!
    its safe to say that I train some martial arts. Im not that good really, but most people really suck, so I feel ok about that - Sunfist

Sometime blog on training esp in Japan

LOL .. I'm not the one with the picture of Bruce Campbell as my avatar.
    -shaolinarab

I don't have a problem with people getting into D&D - I think it is good harmless fun and at least it stimulates the imagination rather than turning you into an idiot. I just find it really funny how it is like a whole different world that revolves around character points and turns at throwing the dice and experience points etc, and how some people get so into it.

Anyway, I am sure there are people out there that say the same thing about me and my kung fu