Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Q: I'm looking for a good set of daggers.

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA
    HA !! the only thing worse than someone who does kung fu is someone who does kung fu and games....uhh, yea, that's right.

there's a bunch of us here, don't make us hop a plane to Oz and make you learn how to play.
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

Hello my name is themeecer, and I play D&D.
    themeecer actually shares a lot of the passion that Bruce Lee had about adopting techniques into your own way of 'expressing yourself.'
    -shaolinarab
    (Nicest thing ever said about me on these boards.)

Originally posted by Oso
    HA !! the only thing worse than someone who does kung fu is someone who does kung fu and games....uhh, yea, that's right.

there's a bunch of us here, don't make us hop a plane to Oz and make you learn how to play.
    Plenty of gaming geeks down here too, but you are always welcome to come on down
    cxxx[]:::::::::::>
    Behold, I see my father and mother.
    I see all my dead relatives seated.
    I see my master seated in Paradise and Paradise is beautiful and green; with him are men and boy servants.
    He calls me. Take me to him.

Here are some quality blade smiths for you to take a look at. Also remeber that cheap knives are also a sound option to take a look at besides all these custom/semi-custom manufactures. Don't get me wrong, I love high quality knives, but their are plenty of graveyard plots filled with people done in by cheap metal.

www.topsknives.com

www.kellamknives.com

www.camillusknives.com

www.emersonknives.com

www.lightfootknives.com

www.protechknives.com

enjoy and play safe
    Regards

LOL .. I'm not the one with the picture of Bruce Campbell as my avatar.
    Hey, whats wrong with bruce campbell? Evil dead kicked ass!
    I will crush my enemies, see them driven before me, then hit their wimminz with a Tony Danza. - Vash

The camillus knives look good. This boot knife: http://www.camillusknives.com/1mainframe.htm coupled with the kydex sheath http://www.camillusknives.com/1mainframe.htm looks great. According to their site:
    The extremely versatile Quik Draw™ sheath allows for multiple applications, including: ·Removable boot/belt clip ·Horizontal positioning ·Positioning inside/outside pants
    I have found the same knife for sale with this sheath on http://www.eknifeworks.com/ for $28.95 each. I'm less than a 3 hours drive from there .. I may have to make a road trip here in the next few days.

edit: Oops the links were the same. Well, you can easily navigate to them from the link I posted.
    Last edited by themeecer; 07-28-2003 at 10:08 PM.
    themeecer actually shares a lot of the passion that Bruce Lee had about adopting techniques into your own way of 'expressing yourself.'
    -shaolinarab

I really think top knives are very good. You should check out the wolf pup and the street scalpal if you work with smaller fixed blades.

What kind of blade training are you working with?

Finding what fits you on both a level of natural feel, training background, and everyday enviroment is a good key to go on for a realistic working purchase.
    Regards

I guess my best bet would be to drive down to the smokey mountains so I could actually handle the knives. That's the only way you will know if they are balanced right and fit your hand.
    Last edited by themeecer; 07-28-2003 at 10:57 PM.
    -shaolinarab

Originally posted by themeecer
    I guess my best bet would be to drive down to the smokey mountains so I could actually handle the knives. That's the only way you will know if they are balanced right and fit your hand.
    That's the nice thing about living in Knoxville; I'm close to the smokey mountain knife works.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

That's the nice thing about living in Knoxville;
    I suppose the other nice thing about living there is if you have a hot sister or aunt, there's nothing stopping you from knocking their boots.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

Originally posted by MasterKiller
    I suppose the other nice thing about living there is if you have a hot sister or aunt, there's nothing stopping you from knocking their boots.
    You have Tennessee confused with Alabama. It's actually legal to marry your second (or was it third) cousin down there.

Tennessee is famous for actually passing a law allowing people to eat roadkill. Now there's something that should make all Tennesseans proud!
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.