Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Kung Fu Fighters -- Amateur Kickboxing and MMA Event needs fighters

Right. So, neither of us do this day in and day out, getting exposed to so many variables that we could possibly say anything authoritative. You can't really speak to what might have happenned and neither can I.

All we can do is speculate.

And that's my point about the straw man. My experiences don't invalidate or validate yours, and vice versa. It's not very useful to speak in terms of well, have YOU fought in 'x'? Goes nowhere in this type of conversation.

FWIW that guy sounds like a ****. Good job
    "In the world of martial arts, respect is often a given. In the real world, it must be earned."

"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says is never accurate because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand. "--Bertrand Russell

"Liberals - Cosmopolitan critics, men who are the friends of every country save their own. "--Benjamin Disraeli

"A conservative government is an organised hypocrisy."--Benjamin Disraeli

Originally posted by ShaolinTiger00

Can we put the name calling and pettiness to rest now?

Maybe we don't agree on some things Abel, but I think at the core we share many of the same fundamental opinions in regards to kung fu.

If you're ever in DC, we'll work out and then get drunk on mojitos and laugh.
    Of course, your Majesty, maybe one day.

"I think at the core we share many of the same fundamental opinions in regards to kung fu."

Uhhhhhhhhh, did I miss something?

That is very cool of you to post MP.

You have caught me in that on multiple occasions rolling in the past and it feels like escape is just a moment away (lack of experience on my part)... but you get so much pressure on the foot/ankle that it is either tapout or limpout

I think what it is coming down to is what you train for.. sporting guys train for there sport, which is similar to what traditionalist train for, but not the same.. A traditionalist should (should being the operative) be able to alter his training for a sporting event, however, most do not. I don't hold any interest in competing in a sport event anytime soon, so I don't train to that set of rules. There are some things that I do train that I feel are ineffective for sport fighting more so than other situations. That just boils down to me as being up against another skilled fighter, with a backround (most times) in dealing with other skilled fighters. I do find it frustrating sometimes only sparring with people within my school, but I also won't go out and spar outside of class right now as a curtisy to my teacher, whom asked me not to yet... It is to help me improve right now, he knows what he is doing, and I will be able to in the future, however he doesn't want me to get myself in over my head with someone I don't really know (as happend with one of his students last summer). Maybe next summer I'll start doing the sans shou or sparring in the tournies that I go to, however, I'll have to train for that, as my conditioning isn't where it should be (even just for my current, let alone for something like that).
    practice wu de

Actually I bored everyone to death. Even Buddhist and Taoist monks fell asleep.....SPJ

Forums are no fun if I can't mess with your head. Or your colon...
    uh-oh, I hope no one quotes me on that....Gene Ching

I'm not Normal.... RD on his crying my b!tch left me thread

Uhhhhhhhhh, did I miss something?
    *Avoids knee-jerk reaction to scream "the boat" as we both know how sensitive that topic can be*

Maybe we don't agree then.?

Either way arguing on the internet, moronic name calling etc. "challenges" - it's all crap and I don't want any part of it, so I'm extending an olive branch to a guy I've obviously ****ed off in the past.

Originally posted by ShaolinTiger00

*Avoids knee-jerk reaction to scream "the boat" as we both know how sensitive that topic can be*

Maybe we don't agree then.?

Either way arguing on the internet, moronic name calling etc. "challenges" - it's all crap and I don't want any part of it, so I'm extending an olive branch to a guy I've obviously ****ed off in the past.
    You mean as in marielito? Not that I have to validate myself to the likes of you, *******. But I was Born in miami in '68 and my family came over on a plane in '61. Your disdain for those poor souls that came over in '80 is indicative that you are definatly from(or at least married to) that pseudo-snobbish sect that likes to hyphenate thier names in order to appear more "uppercrust". Like it somehow erases the fact that they are refugees too. Your type makes me sick. Your use of that flag as your avatar makes me sick. You stick your olive branch up your ass, Your highness.
    Last edited by SifuAbel; 07-30-2003 at 12:47 PM.

Here we go again.
    When you assume, you make an ass out of... pretty much just you, really.

You mean as in marielito?
    Actually the thought never crossed my mind until you mentioned it. I was thinking of the very unfortunate and imho very wrong recent situation with the truck-boat scaenario and how much I detest the coast guard's policy.

But I was Born in miami in '68 and my family came over on a plane in '61.
    That's very fortunate for your family. Did they have to leave family behind?

Your disdain for those poor souls that came over in '80 is indicative that you are definatly from(or at least married to) that pseudo-snobbish sect that likes to hyphenate thier names in order to appear more "uppercrust".
    While the name is hypenated and the family were wealthy There is certainly no distain or snobbery. Esp from my wife and myself. As I've told you we are supportes & contributors to many causes which almost always benefit the most recent political refugees, not the first generation who is already very substantial.
    However you and I both know that what you speak of is common among the older generation and (in some cases justified) but to many yucas (young urban cuban-americans)calling someone a "marielito" is very much slang for thug, hood, n i g g a , etc.

Your type makes me sick. Your use of that flag as your avatar makes me sick. You stick your olive branch up your ass, Your highness.
    Tell me how you really feel!

game on!

I have no idea what WD is talking about.--Royal Dragon

WD

"I neva ****ed anybody over in my life, who didn't have it comin' to 'im, you got that? All I have in this world is my balls, and my word, and I don't break 'em for no one, jou understand?"

"SifuAbel points his fuggin' finger and says, Dats da bad guy"
    I have no idea what WD is talking about.--Royal Dragon

Way to white wash it. I'm not going to continue with this.

"All I have in this world is my word and my nuts, and won't break em for nobody..."

- Memphis Bleek
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

I intend to send a kung fu fighter into the cage eventually.

We're still preparing him. It'll take us about a year to adjust his combat method to the ring rules. He'll start as an amateur fighter and make his way upwards if he's good enough.

The hardest thing to do in preparing a kung fu fighter for the octagon is deconditioning the trained instinct to do all the illegal things that NHB rules prohibit.

The hardest thing to do in preparing a kung fu fighter for the octagon is deconditioning the trained instinct to do all the illegal things that NHB rules prohibit.
    No chi blasts!

not after that last kung fu guy did so well....