Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: what if someone did this to you.....what would u do????

Knifefighter Guest
    Jerry:
    Pilots under high 'G' force lose consciousness due to a decrease in blood pressure to the brain. They
    perform the valsalva maneuver to raise thier blood pressure, but the valsalva should not have any effect on the constriction of the carotoid arteries.

Performing the valsalva while being choked could be potentially fatal. When you perform a blood choke, the blood pressure to the head is raised. One way coroners can tell if someone was strangled to death is that they have capillary ruptures in their eyes and sometimes on the face due to this increase in blood pressure. The valsalva is also known to raise the blood pressure significantly, which is why we don’t recommend that people do it when lifting weights. Combining the increase blood pressure of a choke with the valsalva maneuver has the potential to cause a hemorrhagic stroke.…

[This message was edited by Knifefighter on 01-08-01 at 12:02 AM.]

Scott Guest

Hmmm

Tell me if this would work, or kill me. It worked on my friend, but he's a friend.

He had me in a headlock as described in #1, and I lept backwards into his arms, knocking him over with me ending sitting on top.

-Scott

"You have to consider the possibility that god does not like you; he never wanted you. In all probability, he hates you. It is not until we have lost everything that we can do anything."

Knifefighter Guest
    Scott:
    From a headlock that could work. Some of the headlock counters leave you on top of your opponent before you free your head. From a sleeper, it just puts you into a worse position. On the ground with you on top of him, he can just put in the hooks and then you are really screwed.