Thread: "The Legend"

"The Legend"

I was looking at my local video store for Jet Li's "Fist of Legend" (reccomended by MasterKiller). To my chagrin, there was a very small MA movie selection. I did see Jet Li's "The Legend." Is this the same movie? If not, is it any good?
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

No, but good all the same.. I'd recomend it
    practice wu de

Actually I bored everyone to death. Even Buddhist and Taoist monks fell asleep.....SPJ

Forums are no fun if I can't mess with your head. Or your colon...
    uh-oh, I hope no one quotes me on that....Gene Ching

I'm not Normal.... RD on his crying my b!tch left me thread

The Legend (Fong Sai Yuk) is really good, you should really find Fist of Legend.
    -------------------------------------------
    "It is a good thing to see the world as a dream. When you have something like a nightmare, you will wake up and tell yourself that it was only a dream. It is said that the world we live in is not a bit different from this."
    - Yamamoto Tsunetomo, from Hagakure

Why rent it? You're gonna watch it at least 50 times, so you might as well put your order in now:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...s=dvd&n=507846
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA
    yea, Judge, buy it. You won't regret it. I'm gonna replace my VHS copy w/ a DVD soon.
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

Fist of legend rules. One of my all time favorites.

pretty good

the legend definitely didn't live up to expectationsd for me, I like HARD HITTING movies, like fist of legend.

Fist of Legend is possibly one of the best martial arts movies of the 90s. The choreography, pacing and dialogue is incredible.

Unfortunately the DVD version is only dubbed, so for those of us who like to watch films in their original language you have to get hold of the VHS (UK version I think), which is no longer produced. I don't know if it's Mirimaxe's fault... but I'm willing to blame them anyway just because I don't like them.

Amazon UK are selling this quite cheaply (DVD region 2); claims to be in Cantonese.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/...677005-0699053

Who Is You Favorite Fong Siyuf;mang Fei, Or Hsou Ho(i Don't Know Howto Spell Hisname)

I just got a few movies, legend of a fighter, return, disciples, and original master killer. Woo ping's masterpiece is still my favorite, but I have to say that dicsiples of the 36th chamber is the freaking shiznit. The Fong Saiyuf character in this movie is just as good as I remember him in Mad Monkey Kungfu.

So who is your favorite actor who has played this character? I just threw Mang Fei in there because I loved his acting performance in Kungfu Punch of Death.

And if theres anybody else besides Jet Li, Ho, and Fei who played these parts, please post these.
    Last edited by jethro; 02-26-2006 at 02:42 PM.
    "For someone who's a Shaolin monk, your kung fu's really lousy!"
    "What, you're dead? You die easy!"
    "Hold on now. I said I would forget your doings, but I didn't promise to spare your life. Take his head."
    “I don’t usually smoke this brand, but I’ll do it for you.”
    "When all this is over, Tan Hai Chi, I will kick your head off and put it on my brother's grave!
    "I regard hardships as part of my training. I don't need to relax."

If you can't find the out of print original version, you can get the U.S. version for 7.95 new at hkflix.com (almost as cheap as a rental)